VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone tell me why the Hughes (TA's supposed best friends) were communicating, at any time, with anyone on the DT? TIA

Because they bought into the pedo lie. They'll believe everybody else over Travis- Jodi, Nurmi- that they've known the longest.

I am no expert LOL but isnt BPD more of a problem with your significant other spouse, bf etc rather than something that would even be noticed by co workers or someone off the street? Like I said Im no expert but I was under that impression from what I've read and that others may not know you have a problem cause it deals mostly with your attachment and who your IN LOVE with etc..so I think that might explain why she could control her emotions during trial...her attachment is already dead, so no emotions for him so to speak..hes not cheating on her anymore or dating other girls etc. I could be wrong but thats how I have understood the BPD thing.

Those with BPD have trouble regulating their emotions. They have no control over them. Things that make them angry send them into a rage (which is why we hear so much about her violent outbursts), things that make her happy, elevated and things that make her sad send her into despair, thus the dark journal entries and references to suicide. It's probably all she could do to hold it together while the cameras were present, which is why she had to detach by drawing and pretending sheb couldn't hear the person on the stand somtimes. After court is probably when the emotions came out, like when people could hear her yelling after the guilty verdict in another room.

imo.

I support the death penalty ... but I don't know how I would react if I was a juror on a death penalty case. It would be difficult. The first trial I watched it and was ... death penalty to Arias. Now I have arrived at, just make her disappear if they can't arrive at the DP I just hope JSS will put her away forever.

In this day and age, it should be easy to render a death verdict. The level of proof for the prosecution is off the charts now. The rights for the accused are beyond fair. And if all that falls into place and they still qualify for the death penalty, another group of judges and lawyers will go over it again and again to be absolutely sure. Even then, the defendent would likely die of natural causes first.

Perhaps the answer is to get rid of the death penalty but to add a dangerous offender level to the 1st degree murder convictions and those who qualify for that are kept in solitary death row like conditions for life.

MOO

I don't even think Sky showed up at court today. They are waiting to hit the "Submit" button once the verdict is read. :furious:

She was sitting in front row with Alexanders. Must have been AWKWARD when Nurmi began using her personal emails in defense of Stabby Einstein.

Azl. Can you kinda describe ( sorry again) the appeals process (i know its automatic if death) for Arizona? Does she stick with KN/JW or is there a public defender office of sorts that will be assigned to jodis appeal? If it's automatically selected can that attorney refuse to take the case? I can imagine it being a running joke at the public defender office that they're gonna get "jodid"or something. I can imagine all lawyers are gonna be sitting on pins and needles if she gets dp In fear They may actually have to represent her.

Also.. Been dying to know Can flores martinez or jss finally talk or tell all so to speak after the verdict??

Any or all of them could. I've personally seen Juan comment on previous cases of his- Rick Valenti/Bryan Stewart, and Scott Falater on episodes of Snapped and other true crime shows.

Color me jaded but i believe JA not allocuting was purposeful on her part-----this gives her an appealable issue with respect to her lawyers---that is to say
She will allege she was advised by her attorneys not to do so- -she will say she really wanted to allocute, but her attorneys advised her against it,
she then has realized how this hurt her case

Those with BPD have trouble regulating their emotions. They have no control over them. Things that make them angry send them into a rage (which is why we hear so much about her violent outbursts), things that make her happy, elevated and things that make her sad send her into despair, thus the dark journal entries and references to suicide. It's probably all she could do to hold it together while the cameras were present, which is why she had to detach by drawing and pretending sheb couldn't hear the person on the stand somtimes. After court is probably when the emotions came out, like when people could hear her yelling after the guilty verdict in another room.

imo.

Are you talking about Bipolar or Borderline personality disorder?

Color me jaded but i believe JA not allocuting was purposeful on her part-----this gives her an appealable issue with respect to her lawyers---that is to say
She will allege she was advised by her attorneys not to do so- -she will say she really wanted to allocute, but her attorneys advised her against it,

No she's going to say she really wanted to allocute but was unable to due to the media presence and fear of threats and that it stopped her from being able to testify as well.

IKR....more like poetic justice after last night. Someone tweeted that she audibly gasped after the first mention. And he made quite a few references. What a pathetic situation their "friendship" caused. SMH

like the saying goes...."With friends like that, who needs enemies"

Of course she did it on purpose, but I think she didn't want her lies picked apart, so she'd only do it in secret. She learned from the first trial what a mistake it was. I highly doubt Wilmott & Nurmi advised her against allocuting- she wouldn't be crossed, could've expressed remorse, and could plead for her life. But Jodi also has no genuine remorse for doing it, she'd do it again. According to Nurmi today, she HAD to do it.
She has no claim for Ineffectiveness of Counsel, they gave her everything she wanted out there, no matter how bad it made them look, and Nurmi did say he'd be scrutinized for years.

I didn't expect one today. Hopefully, tomorrow. If not then I think that's not a good sign. JMO

I am not even sure that will be anything of significance to indicate which way it will wind up.

I have seen death penalty deliberations go on for 5-10 days or longer and they would come back with a verdict of death. I have seen it happen in a shorter length of time whether they unanimously chose death or life. It is really hard to read tealeaves when it comes to the length of deliberations.

So a long length of time out doesn't mean they are going to give death or life or are hung I don't think. Its hard to judge by the time taken. Each jury is an individual group who goes at their own pace.

It is according to the vote and how many are holdouts a certain way and the majority will try to sway the others to their side of the case and back and forth until they know they are at a stalemate.

In the David Westerfield case, even though it wasn't a DP case, but should have been.........it took that jury 10 days to even come to a guilty verdict and the evidence was irrefutable. So no one can figure juries out.

Since this is not a sequestered jury I think they could deliberate quite awhile knowing they will be going home at the end of each day.

IMO

I know I have missed alot this time around but did her SECRET testimony ever come to light? Did we ever find out what she said during her SECRET time?

No she's going to say she really wanted to allocute but was unable to due to the media presence and fear of threats and that it stopped her from being able to testify as well.

Won't fly. COA's already addressed it. No special rights to testify in private, and I'm sure they meant allocuting as well. JSS as much as said so. The media could've been sent to the overflow room and that wasn't good enough for Jodi. The only threat against Jodi is the State of Arizona threatening her with Death.

After seeing Nurmi use what she said YET AGAIN today to hurt Travis in today's trial, im just flabbergasted at the damage they have caused and continue to cause.

What's truly flabbergasting is they don't seem to feel any remorse-for lack of a better term- for the damage they've done.

I'm truly concerned at this point about what is in the book they've written about Travis.

Won't fly. COA's already addressed it. No special rights to testify in private, and I'm sure they meant allocuting as well. JSS as much as said so. The media could've been sent to the overflow room and that wasn't good enough for Jodi. The only threat against Jodi is the State of Arizona threatening her with Death.

I understand this. But she is still going to use it for appeals, regardless.

I know I have missed alot this time around but did her SECRET testimony ever come to light? Did we ever find out what she said during her SECRET time?
Yes, it's out there in print. Maybe someone here has a link handy. She didn't say much different other than her parents were drug abusers. She was probably just getting started. She looked pissed reportedly when the media came back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member