VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one will ever convince me this wasn't all KN. I believe this is his MO in every case where he represents a client. I think in each and every one of them he uses the tactic of 'blame the victim game' even if the victims are small children who say they were molested or raped by an adult. Not once has he looked uncomfortable spewing all of the lies he and the entire DT has told including JA. He seems to enjoy it instead. He doesn't stick to the factors or even the mitigation possibilities. He always goes for the jugular against anyone and everyone connected to the state's side of the case including the prosecutor. And I think his group of experts here in this case also testify for the defendant in the cases KN tries and JW too.

His game is everything that happened is always someone else's fault. He blames them ALL while diminishing the horrendous lies the defendant has told repeatedly and he twist her empty words into remorse and there was nothing remorseful about what she told the jury. The only thing she regrets is she would like a do-over of that day so she would do a better job of not getting caught.

I am so glad this case is finally over. Never have I seen one like it and I hope I never do ever again. The DT might as well have brought Travis' corpse into the courtroom and pulled him apart limb by limb. The DT did that with words anyway non stop. KN et all has tried their very best to destroy a good man's character. And KN knows all of his accusations are a bunch of bull. He hasn't been around JA this long and not learned what a pathological liar she is. Yet it doesn't faze him in the least. I don't think KN has one problem sleeping at night and instead is rather proud of himself and his abhorrent conduct in this case and every other cases he is on.

Defending a client and seeing that they get a fair trial is one thing but when a lawyer acts like KN & JW throughout this case it goes way beyond to what is necessary and excessive mean spiritedness.

But then I have always believed it takes a very different kind of person for their expertise to be in defending rapists and pedophiles.

IMO

Well, he can lie in court without breaking a sweat.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 3m 3 minutes ago
Jurors went to lunch at noon so we will report when they return #jodiarias

The first jury hung - that was the reason for the retrial of the penalty phase. Original jury voted 8-4 in favor of DP. This jury needs to put forth a unanimous DP verdict, or JSS gets to sentence Jodi.

Does anyone remember how long the first jury deliberated before declaring a hung jury.

Nurmi made some huge blunders today with his last closing. Lying about trashing Travis was a big no no as well as the part about DR lying about Travis. He should have never reminded the jury that the DT has seriously misled them.
The good news is that today marks the very last day Jodi will have a huge public stage to trash her victim. She will have to relive those moments only in her memory. That part is done forever.
I imagine a good portion of today will be the jury just letting off steam about this case. They might get down to business later today. But I'm sure they all have a lot to get off their chest. I feel for the alternates they won't get to do that.

I agree that LKN made some big goofs today. I also believe this jury will take its time and look at some of the hard evidence in order to arrive at their own "truth," ... Given the "who do you believe" nature of the testimony, I don't see how they can do anything else.

Below, I've compiled a list of Jenn's tweets with my own comments/possible juror reactions:

Nurmi says the state claims they have said the defense thinks TA is a bad man. Nurmi says that never has happened (ME: Really? I thought that’s what we heard ad nauseam.)

Nurmi says the state now tells you Geffner thinks Mormon's lie...he never said that.
Nurmi telling the jury Deanna Reid lied to them & is lying for TA Vernon Parker another one who has lied for Travis
Nurmi going over Witness #1 and saying TA confessed to him about being sexually abused
(ME: So some Mormons lie to protect other Mormons, but we should believe an unidentified Mormon who wouldn’t take the stand?)

KN brings up a video of a teacher having sex with a student that was on TA's computer (ME: Why this is an issue? Evidence shows TA might have “dabbled” in *advertiser censored*, was not addicted to it.)

Nurmi claims that by Dr. Demarte not saying good morning it showed bias (ME: Right. Well, JM said Geff was grasping by calling JD “asinine.” You just reinforced that “graspiness.”)

KN is telling the jury to read Jodi's journals State says they are private but KN is saying TA ripped out pages in it. (ME: You mean those journals where she blatantly lied?)

KN says if JA wasn't invited then nude pic's of her vagina wouldn't have been taken. Nude photo's of TA wouldn't have been taken. (ME: Still not proof that TA invited her to Mesa.)

Nurmi is saying the state is distraction them over the "photoshoot" text the state claims didn't come from TA's phone
Nurmi is saying the language in this text fits it coming from Travis Alexander
Nurmi says the reality of this is the text came from TA...."a highly sexual man" (ME: You said to read JA’s journals. After doing so, that text doesn’t sound like TA to me. Guess that makes JA the ‘highly sexual’ person, eh?)

Email that went to a 9 year old.... KN says Fon didn't totally rely on this...it was just a piece 2 a puzzle. Not a distraction
Nurmi says the dad was concerned TA had his daughters name and this is a piece to the puzzle...how did he get that? (ME: Are you for real? To bring that up again is just plain stupid.)

Nurmi asks how do we go from a sexual encounter to a murder on same day (ME: That has us scratching our heads, too. But if JA slashed tires and stalked prior to this, then this makes sense.)

Nurmi saying Jodi didn't have secondary gain during the interviews with Det. Flores. (ME: What? Geff already confirmed via a juror question that JA had “secondary gain” when she lied to Flores: saving her own hide.)

Nurmi saying the Helio phone would have been turned over right away if #Jodiarias had it. She thought it was stolen and it's in her journal (ME: Oh you mean that journal entry where she uses some of the same verbiage (“scandalous”) and phrasing as the photo-shoot text?)

KN-You heard how TA would fill a room up w/ love...you have an opportunity to render a life verdict. This is a verdict of love & compassion (ME: Same love and compassion JA showed TA? You got it.)

I'm sure AZL can explain this better than I can but I believe that the appeal that would be automatic for her if she receives the DP will require little to no input from her. So she will not be centre stage during that mandatory appeal process.

Now if she receives life and has to pay for an appeal or go with a public defender, then it gives her and her supporters reason to keep her in the public eye forever. Not to mention the visitation rules will be much more relaxed meaning she can continue to manipulate her minions from inside prison walls. And gather some more who will carry on her work when they are released.

DP verdict will likely silence her much better than LWOP.

MOO

It's tricky. She's going to get appeals paid for, but the bright side if she gets LWOP is that no big guns are going to care about wasting their time on her because they'd rather focus on trying to get someone else off death row.

In any case she'll be out of the public eye because the appeals will only involve attorneys and judges/justices. Her appeal attorneys probably won't even talk to her since all they'll be doing is reviewing trial records to look for errors by JSS or misconduct by Juan. Her input will be of zero value to them.

So her life in the public eye is about to end permanently. 50 or so years to rot in prison is the best future she has to look forward to.

Can you imagine if the initial vote is consensus?

I have a feeling maybe it was? Otherwise, most people wanting to finally be able to discuss this case (it had to have been excruciating not to be able to), would probably opt to have lunch sent in, and begin to discuss things.

What if they came in- did the initial vote- all 12 agree... they say okay- let's go have lunch and come back and discuss further before we render our verdict. They need to hash their feelings out- no matter what.

They do, and it takes a few hours, to let it all out... one by one. They contact the judge, badda-bing, and our one hour notice comes!

Verdict of Death is read- and it is finally OVER!

I can dream- right?

Did Nurmi say that he doesn't like Jodi nine out of ten days again?
No, because Jodi was only the stand for maybe a day in total, as opposed to 18 interminable days during the guilt(y) phase. She didn't spend enough time testilying in front of this jury to enable them to dislike her.

Is there a list of the jurors and descriptions (as last time?) any where around here?

BBM ~ Whatever they want. It would be interesting to know what they are doing. After all this time, they are done and a free from this. A little sad, actually, after all this time.

I don't know about that. Don't they have to act like hermits in case they need to replace someone?

I'm too spent to research this, and hoping someone else has this info bookmarked perhaps???? When, as in day and time, did the last jury start deliberations? Then when did that first question come in? And day and time wise when did they come back with their no verdict verdict.

At one time I had bookmarked a great page that had every trial day listed by date (ex. March 2), day of trial (ex. day 24) and a brief description (ex: cross exam of Jodi Arias by Juan Martinez). It was SUPER helpful, but of course now I can't find it.

I'll pay someone if you know where something like this is and can share?!?! Payment would of course be a THANK YOU!!:)

FWIW, I agree with others who don't believe there will be a death penalty verdict. It is what I wish for, simply because Jodi and her vindictive defense team will consider any life sentence to be a "win", even though in reality, it is not a win at all. But I think it is just too hard to convince all 12 jurors to vote death because it is a difficult moral decision. I hope I am wrong. I wish Juror 13 had not been chosen as an alternate because I think the men on jury can see through this BS.

Either way Jodi is going away, for a long, long time, because Jodi and her defense team could not convince a jury to deliver a "not guilty" verdict. Even if she gets out after 25 years, how old would she be?? 60ish?? How do you restart a life at that age? Jodi lost - big time - beginning the day she first began premeditating the murder of Travis Alexander.

looking at the latest pic of KN in court today from twitter pics...where does he find such large ties??? it looks like a runway it's so huge

Okay I read tweets that say Nurmi said a few times Jodi was sexually assaulted as a child? Is this new info? What was presented in trial about this? I hadn't heard this one before, except in the fact that we all THOUGHT she would try to claim that while she testilied in secret.

Hey there lonetraveler my friend! I also agree. I've never really followed this case until the sentencing phase but as a mock juror, I would vote DP. There is no question in my mind that this stabbing, slashing, slicing murderess premeditated Travis' murder. I am not a DP proponent unless there is indisputable evidence the defendent is guilty and this defendent committed the most heinous of murders. IDK how the jury could look at those pics of what she did to Travis and NOT give her the DP!

Hi yourself, glad to see you here. I've followed this case since I saw the first tv interview prior to any of the trials. The time involved feels like a "sentence" in itself. I too would vote for DP if a juror, however I'm not so sure this jury will do that since they did not get to hear all the evidence in the first trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member