VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one will ever convince me this wasn't all KN. I believe this is his MO in every case where he represents a client. I think in each and every one of them he uses the tactic of 'blame the victim game' even if the victims are small children who say they were molested or raped by an adult. Not once has he looked uncomfortable spewing all of the lies he and the entire DT has told including JA. He seems to enjoy it instead. He doesn't stick to the factors or even the mitigation possibilities. He always goes for the jugular against anyone and everyone connected to the state's side of the case including the prosecutor. And I think his group of experts here in this case also testify for the defendant in the cases KN tries and JW too.

His game is everything that happened is always someone else's fault. He blames them ALL while diminishing the horrendous lies the defendant has told repeatedly and he twist her empty words into remorse and there was nothing remorseful about what she told the jury. The only thing she regrets is she would like a do-over of that day so she would do a better job of not getting caught.

I am so glad this case is finally over. Never have I seen one like it and I hope I never do ever again. The DT might as well have brought Travis' corpse into the courtroom and pulled him apart limb by limb. The DT did that with words anyway non stop. KN et all has tried their very best to destroy a good man's character. And KN knows all of his accusations are a bunch of bull. He hasn't been around JA this long and not learned what a pathological liar she is. Yet it doesn't faze him in the least. I don't think KN has one problem sleeping at night and instead is rather proud of himself and his abhorrent conduct in this case and every other cases he is on.

Defending a client and seeing that they get a fair trial is one thing but when a lawyer acts like KN & JW throughout this case it goes way beyond to what is necessary and excessive mean spiritedness.

But then I have always believed it takes a very different kind of person for their expertise to be in defending rapists and pedophiles.

IMO

Serious question. Does KN have any other clients? He had clients through the Public Defender's office but has he had any in private practice? I've only heard of one instance where Willmott was on another case during the course of this trial. I have heard none about KN. His website only speaks of this case. Nothing about other cases he's handled/handling in private practice.

Just wondering.

MOO

Can you imagine if the initial vote is consensus?

I have a feeling maybe it was? Otherwise, most people wanting to finally be able to discuss this case (it had to have been excruciating not to be able to), would probably opt to have lunch sent in, and begin to discuss things.

What if they came in- did the initial vote- all 12 agree... they say okay- let's go have lunch and come back and discuss further before we render our verdict. They need to hash their feelings out- no matter what.

They do, and it takes a few hours, to let it all out... one by one. They contact the judge, badda-bing, and our one hour notice comes!

Verdict of Death is read- and it is finally OVER!

I can dream- right?

I like the way you think, dear Frigga! I'm feeling a surge of optimism today. :happydance:

FWIW, I agree with other who don't believe there will be a death penalty verdict. It is what I wish for, simply because Jodi and her vindictive defense team will consider any life sentence to be a "win", even though in reality, it is not a win at all. But I think it is just too hard to convince all 12 jurors to vote death because it is a difficult moral decision. I hope I am wrong. I wish Juror 13 had not be chosen as an alternate because I think the men on jury can see through this BS.

Either way Jodi is going away, for a long, long time, because Jodi and her defense team could not convince a jury to deliver a "not guilty" verdict. Even if she gets out after 25 years, how old would she be?? 60ish?? How do you restart a life at that age? Jodi lost - big time - beginning the day she first began premeditating the murder of Travis Alexander.

Last time, 3 men, including the foreman voted for LIFE.

No one will ever convince me this wasn't all KN. I believe this is his MO in every case where he represents a client. I think in each and every one of them he uses the tactic of 'blame the victim game' even if the victims are small children who say they were molested or raped by an adult. Not once has he looked uncomfortable spewing all of the lies he and the entire DT has told including JA. He seems to enjoy it instead. He doesn't stick to the factors or even the mitigation possibilities. He always goes for the jugular against anyone and everyone connected to the state's side of the case including the prosecutor. And I think his group of experts here in this case also testify for the defendant in the cases KN tries and JW too.

His game is everything that happened is always someone else's fault. He blames them ALL while diminishing the horrendous lies the defendant has told repeatedly and he twist her empty words into remorse and there was nothing remorseful about what she told the jury. The only thing she regrets is she would like a do-over of that day so she would do a better job of not getting caught.

I am so glad this case is finally over. Never have I seen one like it and I hope I never do ever again. The DT might as well have brought Travis' corpse into the courtroom and pulled him apart limb by limb. The DT did that with words anyway non stop. KN et all has tried their very best to destroy a good man's character. And KN knows all of his accusations are a bunch of bull. He hasn't been around JA this long and not learned what a pathological liar she is. Yet it doesn't faze him in the least. I don't think KN has one problem sleeping at night and instead is rather proud of himself and his abhorrent conduct in this case and every other cases he is on.

Defending a client and seeing that they get a fair trial is one thing but when a lawyer acts like KN & JW throughout this case it goes way beyond to what is necessary and excessive mean spiritedness.

But then I have always believed it takes a very different kind of person for their expertise to be in defending rapists and pedophiles.

IMO

EM: I agree with this statement; I could certainly never be one. That said, I think the DT went after the only card Arias gave them: mentally ill and a victim of past circumstance. She destroyed any possibility of credibility to a rational defense with her multiple jumps in storyline as to the Travis' murder. Finally she found one that no one could fully physically disprove and she ran with it.

I'm not trying to lessen the vulgarity of bringing every possible character flaw Travis may have had out and parading it around the courtroom in an attempt to somehow excuse a murder that took nearly 30 stabs to the back and neck, near decapitation, and a shot in the face, but Nurmi did try requesting off the case several times and was denied. At that point he really had little other option than to defend Arias to the fullest of his ability with the information she provided.

Again, it's not something I think I could ever stomach doing, but I see it less as a personal begrudging against KN/JW as more against Arias and her endless stream of lies.

Maybe the jury is going to make the DT wait and wait and wait and wait and drag this out as the DT did the jury day after day, week after week and month after month.

Smiling. A jury I was on years ago actually did do this - purposefully - and believe me, that trial was only six weeks! The entire group, however, was extremely pizzed off at all the court delays, feeling like we were always in and out like pop tarts, very rude, obnoxious, condescending DT, as well as ignorant and defendant, rude witnesses, delay, delay, delay and the inordinate amount of wasted court time. We took a preliminary vote and 11 out of 12 voted guilty. The hold out said that she was leaning towards guilty but wanted to go through a specific piece of testimony. We started at the beginning and went through every single piece of evidence and discussed it so we could honestly say we reviewed "everything" in order to make sure we weren't making a hasty decision. We began deliberations very early on a Monday and we purposefully chose to return our verdict at 4:25 p.m. on a Friday. It was our belief that since they didn't mind wasting our time for six weeks, they wouldn't mind us taking as much time as we needed to "get it right." Oh, and after we were released from duty, most jurors chose to leave without saying anything to anyone. The jurors that did stick around did so specifically to congratulate the Prosecutor and let him know that the entire jury looked forward to hearing from him each and every time, and the group consensus was that he was the only honest and believable person in the room.

Just saying your comment could happen.

Although I would very much like to have a verdict today to send a very strong FU message to JA and her team, I don't think that will happen. These folks have had 5 months where they have had to stifle their thoughts. It will take time for them to adjust to the reality of their roles and the important decision in front of them. I'm sure they will want to take the appropriate time to discuss things among themselves and have the opportunity to review all of the evidence in front of them at their discretion and then be able to ask questions of others or to discuss their thoughts. I'm hopeful we will have a verdict late tomorrow, but I can also see it occurring next week, for no reason other than they want to take their time with this very important decision.

I hope I'm wrong. I truly want a very strong message to JA and her team, today.

Okay I read tweets that say Nurmi said a few times Jodi was sexually assaulted as a child? Is this new info? What was presented in trial about this? I hadn't heard this one before, except in the fact that we all THOUGHT she would try to claim that while she testilied in secret.

It was one of the things that no one had ever heard of until F or Geff said JA told them about it.

FWIW, I agree with other who don't believe there will be a death penalty verdict. It is what I wish for, simply because Jodi and her vindictive defense team will consider any life sentence to be a "win", even though in reality, it is not a win at all. But I think it is just too hard to convince all 12 jurors to vote death because it is a difficult moral decision. I hope I am wrong. I wish Juror 13 had not be chosen as an alternate because I think the men on jury can see through this BS.

Either way Jodi is going away, for a long, long time, because Jodi and her defense team could not convince a jury to deliver a "not guilty" verdict. Even if she gets out after 25 years, how old would she be?? 60ish?? How do you restart a life at that age? Jodi lost - big time - beginning the day she first began premeditating the murder of Travis Alexander.

Wasn't too hard to convince all 12 jurors to sentence Wendi Andriano to death. Shouldn't be that hard here either. Jodi has no redeeming qualities.

Who thinks Nurmi & Co. all have their notices showing they no longer represent Jodi typed up and ready to sign? They are going to drop her like a radioactive spud.

Not if she doesn't get the death penalty. They'll count that as a win and start helping her to move on with her appeal. Although I doubt they would agree to represent her in that. Or maybe KN would. For the right amount of money. Jodi better get back to tracing pictures quickly.

MOO

There no way in ---- 12 jurors will agree to Life. No way at all.

If you take a look at the potential jurors during voir dire who were let go, the majority asserted they had made up their minds and would give her the DP. Agreed. No way all 12 would vote for life.

So, the secretive Sherry won't let the public know what questions the jury has, if any? My happiness of not having to hear Nurmi or his sidekick or JA ever again is matched by not having to EVER watch another trial presided over by her.

Ziggy- was that your personal opinion- YOU are convinced Travis abused the killer, or are you saying that's the DT's "common sense" argument?

I promise I'll behave either answer, but would really like to know if an informed JA trial watcher was swayed by Nurmi.

i think it's possible that when they sit down and the gravity hits them they might grasp for something and Nurmi gave them something.

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 1m1 minute ago
Jurors leaving the courthouse...maybe for lunch

There no way in ---- 12 jurors will agree to Life. No way at all.

Agreed. So it's either another hung jury or it's the DP.

I have mixed feelings on if her not finishing her testimony and no allocution helped or hurt her. On one hand the jury didn't get to see her nasty side in person and how easily she lies and the other side is that they haven't seen her "humanized" as well. It cuts both ways. I do think she had a better shot at getting one juror if she had gotten in front of them.

They aren't quite free yet. They will be on call until the verdict is read. They have to be ready to replace anyone should something come up. So they still have to stay away from media and can't talk about the case.

Thanks for that! I guess that makes sense. Thanks again. :peace:

Hi yourself, glad to see you here. I've followed this case since I saw the first tv interview prior to any of the trials. The time involved feels like a "sentence" in itself. I too would vote for DP if a juror, however I'm not so sure this jury will do that since they did not get to hear all the evidence in the first trial.

But this is a different phase.

IF they follow the law, they didn't need 80-90% of what WAS covered this time around by the DT and their smoke and mirrors.

The jurors HAVE to accept the prior jury's conviction of pre-meditated murder...WITH Cruelty.

Their job is to follow the law and decide if Jodi being 27, never being in trouble before, etc, etc, etc.

Outweighs the cruelty that Travis suffered.

It is not a numbers game, it is a weighing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member