VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a new poster, but not new to WB. Been following for years! I can honestly say that I feel like I know each of you and love reading all you post and your thoughts. Just letting everyone know that I enjoy reading here! :loveyou: God Bless each and everyone. Now back lurking ;)

:wagon: No lurking allowed!!!

My point being, he is not exactly suffering and lonely. She could have married him if the license weren't expired then, yes? It's really besides the point.

I actually read they didn't marry because her plan was to display his body after death...(?) Yuck, right?

Am I the only one that's like for the love of cheese, she was just... some girl not an ex-girlfriend?

The jurors for real brought in a crock pot. Will they do a recipe book after?

Unfortunately not..Direct quote from transcript

"Ms.Arias:n The threats fall on me but the opinions are polarized. They are across the board is what I mean. So I cant-- I cant say one thing or the other wihtout upsetting people, and it has been,what 16 months? I have received thousands and thousands of pieces of mail. Some of it- most of it is supportive but a lot of it is hateful too. So it is not just-- I know Im in custody, but that doesnt necessarily negate-- I mean, people still have acces to me. It is just limited."

No, JW never said that Arias receives thousand and thousand of hate mail. She said that JA receives a lot of email: some of it supportive but most is hate e-mail.

And then JA said most of it is supportive while some is hate e-mail.

I figured JA was the one lying about her "supportive email" while knowing damn well most of it is "hate" mail.

Wonder how Jodi's little ride to the courthouse is going for her today? Not too many of those left, so I hope she really appreciates those skylines, etc.
(no, I really don't hope she enjoys anything, sorry)

I'd know they won't make her, but I don't know why she can't be showing up to hear the verdict in her stripes - it won't "sway" the jury anymore, LOL :)

Clink...clink...clink Jodi :)

Does she go to the courthouse while they are deliberating or does she stay at Estrella? I'd think she'd just be in a holding cell at the courthouse while they are deliberating, so if I were a juror, I'd feel uncomfortable with her there. I agree with you that since she's convicted, she should have to show up for the verdict in her stripes.

It wouldn't surprise me if it took 3 days or longer for the jury to decide. It would be nice if they could decide in 2 or fewer days, but if they go through everything and every witness, it could take days.

Agreed. And if that's what they need to do then I say they should take whatever time they need to. Rendering a death sentence is not to be taken lightly. A lot of stuff was thrown at them, mostly crap, so it will take time to wade through all the garbage.

Jury's been deliberating for about an hour. Hope they are getting along well and will reach a unanimous verdict.

From Monica:

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 43s44 seconds ago

The jury indicated they wouldn't deliberate on Friday
but they COULD change minds @jennerific713 @thistrialsajoke @nutz1001 #jodiarias

:please: IF they don't reach decision today, I hope they deliberate tomorrow !

I would think if they felt they were very close to a decision they would work Friday and if not then theyll wait till Monday. JMO

They have a crock pot. I'm sure they are getting along better than the last jury.

Dude, I miss the way Nancy Grace said Jean Casares

Does she go to the courthouse while they are deliberating or does she stay at Estrella? I'd think she'd just be in a holding cell at the courthouse while they are deliberating, so if I were a juror, I'd feel uncomfortable with her there. I agree with you that since she's convicted, she should have to show up for the verdict in her stripes.

AZLawyer says JA is likely kept at Estrella.

beyond any doubt arias belongs on death row, since the first trial i knew she belonged on death row. there is no question in my mind. if by chance she receives life, i will have to accept that even with the defense built around lies and deceit. as far as i know arias has had 7 write ups in estrella, and has been in a fight with her cellmate. i can picture her living in a minimum security type setting. large room, bunkbeds sitting 5 ft apart, 100 other women in the same room, the heat at 110 degrees...lol. arias does not get along with other women, its a proven fact. she gets along with men. how will she ever accustom herself living in that type of environment? she wont, it will drive her crazy - absolutely no privacy, always noise, tons of other offenders, all of them stabbing each other in the back for their own purposes. let her go to minimum after 2-4 yrs in solitary, she will already be half crazy from the silence and lonliness, the boredom and the cry inside of her craving attention and gratification that never comes. yeah buddy, in minimum the state will not pay for her appeals which will eat her up inside without the schemeing and the thought that there is hope in that next appeal. on death row she will be isolated but her appeals are paid for, lawyers can visit, and she will have that hope, even if just a glimmer, she will never give up, never! it almost makes me see life without parole as a better option tho in my heart of hearts she deserves death.

I know the jury decided they would not work Friday but IF they wanted to, could they? Sorry if that has already been asked.

My feelings also! She'd just be another lifer. Boy, wouldn't she hate that?

But for sure she deserves the DP for torturing Travis to death.

Agreed she does not deserve to live. If given the chance she will murder again. But if they did not vote for death this is what I would really wish the courts could do that.

I hate typing right now. I broke my pointer finger (thankfully my left hand), trying to do much of anything is a pain.

Juries are unpredictable when it comes to the death penalty. They tend to be more clear-cut when it comes to the heinous murder of a child -- much easier to get the DP. When you're dealing with adults and a homicide within an intimate relationship, and that homicide is based on emotion versus greed (like getting a big insurance payout), it could go either way, and when the perp is female, that can make it even less predictable.

People have been trying to guess what juries would do since the beginning of time and no one has cracked the code because there isn't a code to crack. As logical as one can be, juries can be illogical. They see things their own way and sometimes focus on aspects of cases no one would guess they would.

Do we know if this was ever a possibility? She apparently did have access to all of TA's info and accounts and considering how much time she spent alone at his house she would have had at least knowledge of, if not access to, everything, including any of his insurance policies.

We won't know if the jury has a question or asks for anything....Sherry said she will answer them in writing and the press/public won't be notified. Still keeping it secret....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt