VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They might all be in favor of the DP and this person is not and has refused to deliberate. It's all speculation, only MDLR really knows. :wink:

I don't think refusing to deliberate is grounds for switching out...that's part of the process...no way Nurmi and them would agree to switching out for that reason....a hung jury is a victory for them...and switching to an alternate and a later DP sentence would be grounds for reversal, MOO

A juror asking to be released is not a major issue, although deliberations would have to "start over" with the replacement. Obviously the jury can't request a specific replacement, though, and now they will have to be questioned regarding the reason for the request. If the request is just coming from the one juror who wants to be excused, it is not as much of a problem as if the request is from the whole jury.

Ok, thanks AZlawyer. What is the worse case scenario if the request came from the whole jury?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago
Nurmi is holding on speaker phone. Juan not here yet. No family here. Waiting for #jodiarias

As per Beth - Nurmi was on the phone, thinks he's not at the courthouse. Arias's asked to speak to him in person , maybe they spoke on the phone.

From Cathy:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 47s47 seconds ago

Nurmi is holding on speaker phone.

Juan not here yet.

No family here.

Waiting for #jodiarias

I would assume (but perhaps I shouldn't) that there is a method like first juror picked as an alternate is first juror used as an alternate if needed or something. Maybe? Perhaps?

Wasn't it noted by some of the tweeters that #2 was a prolific note taker while most of them were not? Maybe they had been counting on her to be there with her notes...

Wow. Sure sounds like a juror can't make a decision. Overwhelmed???

"Your going to kill this girl."

Some jurors may not be able to process past that. If that is the case, they should be off. So, we have super secret testimony, juror questions are to be written, but the answers are on speakerphone? Wow. I don't really think the answers being on speakerphone or any conversation regarding it will be a problem because we shouldn't be having a secret trial in the first place. Most juror questions are asked and answered in the courtroom, in front of the public. JMO

The juror wants to speak with Nurmi????? :crazy: WHY??????????????????????????? What possible reason could they have????

I can't even with this mess!!!!!!!

The juror wanted to speak to Nurmi in person?? Or JA wanted to?

You know I believe jury instructions are not easy for a layperson to fully comprehend and apply therein, that may be at play here.

I don't think refusing to deliberate is grounds for switching out...that's part of the process...no way Nurmi and them would agree to switching out for that reason....a hung jury is a victory for them...and switching to an alternate and a later DP sentence would be grounds for reversal, MOO

Actually a refusal to deliberate is grounds for the jury to ask for that juror to be kicked off.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
Jury questions in #jodiarias She is here in stripes. The lawyers are on the phone.

Biting my tongue as i write this - or a juror that is the only one for death and won't budge?

Refuse to believe that. No way are 11 of them for giving her Life after Nurmi's closings, no way!!:snooty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member