VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe one of them is ill, and is requesting #2 takes her place instead of #13... could be as simple as that

I do not see how jurors would be allowed to choose which alternate would take their place.

BK is reporting JA was in the courtroom (her attorneys on speakerphone) and the courtroom spectators told BK that JA requested to speak to her attorneys in person... BK said no one from the media was in the courtroom at the time, only spectators while judge was handling other cases...

What could JA possibly need now?
Could she ask them to just give her the DP?

Ugh my heart hurts for the Alexanders. If this is true as reported JSS will tell them to keep at it she will not automatically release the juror and if they requested a particular juror to be replaced the DT will for sure request a mistrial. I'm sure JSS said ##%\! Right along with us as she read the note.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 5m5 minutes ago
The jury wanted a certain set of instructions. We're not really clear on that because you know this is a secret trial in a secret court

That's what life is in Canada.

Ah ok. In the Netherlands and the UK, the European Court had decided that you can't impose a LWOP sentence but there's no set "years". It differs per European country; some have life (without possibility of parole).

Info being related second and third hand isn't always the most reliable, let's not loose our cookies yet.

I don't know if it is possible to switch a juror after deliberations begin just because he/she does not feel like deliberating. I would think there has to be a legitmate reason to do so. We'll wait and see what is going on. AZL may be able to shed some light on this.

I don't think that's true. If a juror wants off they can't make them deliberate. I'm sure they cant hand pick the alternate, but if they want off, they want off.

I was referring to the issue of wanting to switch out with a juror who would more readily agree with them.

If the juror refuses to deliberate then she can dismissed. I just hope this situation is worked out quickly.

Apparently, not quietly. Typical for this trial. All under seal, with the exception of the leaks from the Arias camp.

This juror stuck through this crazy trial and NOW wants out? And to switch with a SPECIFIC alternate?

Can I just say that this is the WORST TRIAL EVER to follow? God just when we think it will end now we have a juror issue? UGH!

That juror better not mess this up! Pff. This is so stressful.

BK is reporting the jury was NOT in the courtroom when JA was (while the attorneys were on speakerphone)...

Yeah, but this could really bad too. JA could say she didn't get a fair trial because juror #2 missed out on 3 hours and 20 minutes of the beginning of deliberations. Looking forward to AZlawyer's comments regarding this.
The restart the deliberations if there is a change in jury.

BK is reporting JA was in the courtroom (her attorneys on speakerphone) and the courtroom spectators told BK that JA requested to speak to her attorneys in person... BK said no one from the media was in the courtroom at the time, only spectators while judge was handling other cases...

Why in the world would JA be in the courtroom right now? Without her lawyers? Without her case being in the courtroom right now? I think that BK is either misunderstanding or got wrong information.

MOO

A juror asking to be released is not a major issue, although deliberations would have to "start over" with the replacement. Obviously the jury can't request a specific replacement, though, and now they will have to be questioned regarding the reason for the request. If the request is just coming from the one juror who wants to be excused, it is not as much of a problem as if the request is from the whole jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13