VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Cathy:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 30s30 seconds ago

The jury wanted a certain set of instructions.

We're not really clear on that because you know this is a secret trial in a secret court

I think in Europe Life is only 25 years. Please correct if wrong, but that might be where the confusion lie.

In the UK whole life tariffs can and are handed down but not regularly. Life can be anything from 12-35 years.

BK is reporting on her site that some spectators who were in the courtroom this morning said that attorneys were on speakerphone and these two jury questions were discussed as being reported by tweeters....

I bet the rest of them knew they wanted death right away, without discussion. She couldn't handle it and freaks under pressure. This is either really good (bring in #2) or really bad (mistrial).

Do we know if this was ever a possibility? She apparently did have access to all of TA's info and accounts and considering how much time she spent alone at his house she would have had at least knowledge of, if not access to, everything, including any of his insurance policies.

I was using the insurance payout as an example of why other people kill...ie. for greed. It does not apply to JA. She received nothing of value from TA's estate. Her motive was rage, jealousy, abandonment.

Wow. Sure sounds like a juror can't make a decision. Overwhelmed???

The lone soul voting in opposition. I think that's good news!!

IF that is the case, which I doubt at this early juncture....there is no way they can switch to an alternate for that reason. They would hang and that would be that.

we have more visitors that members - come on and join us - I have to admit it is very addicting

It could be that the sitting juror is ill or has a family emergency. and nothing wrong in starting deliberations over. It was done in Scott Peterson case. All that matters is that they go through evidence until they are in unison, and then CMJA can be sent to death row.

BK is reporting JA was in the courtroom (her attorneys on speakerphone) and the courtroom spectators told BK that JA requested to speak to her attorneys in person... BK said no one from the media was in the courtroom at the time, only spectators while judge was handling other cases...

IF that is the case, which I doubt at this early juncture....there is no way they can switch to an alternate for that reason. They would hang and that would be that.

I don't think that's true. If a juror wants off they can't make them deliberate. I'm sure they cant hand pick the alternate, but if they want off, they want off.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 30s31 seconds ago
The jury wanted a certain set of instructions. We're not really clear on that because you know this is a secret trial in a secret court

Sounds to me like a juror misunderstood the jury instructions and got stressed when others tried to point that out.

How would that be good?? Unless JSS kicked her off as a stealth juror? Can't see that happening...

They might all be in favor of the DP and this person is not and has refused to deliberate. It's all speculation, only MDLR really knows. :wink:

I thought they could. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member