VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure they can pick the alternate though. One will probably be selected at random and sent in.

IF that's even allowed, then they will completely have to start deliberations over.

Why juror 2 though? There are two alternates so why the preference? Jurors do not get to decide which alternate gets back in.

I would assume (but perhaps I shouldn't) that there is a method like first juror picked as an alternate is first juror used as an alternate if needed or something. Maybe? Perhaps?

Never a dull moment in this trial, argh. Anyhoot, better now than much later in the deliberations where they'd have to start all over or hang.

From Erickson:

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 4m4 minutes ago

#JodiArias jury drama!
Deliberating juror wants to switch with alternate?

Nurmi on the way.

Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed!

Don't panic guys! If this person went back there and refused to deliberate, she might have even been against the death penalty from the start, it might be a good sign.
Yeah, but this could really bad too. JA could say she didn't get a fair trial because juror #2 missed out on 3 hours and 20 minutes of the beginning of deliberations. Looking forward to AZlawyer's comments regarding this.

Don't panic guys! If this person went back there and refused to deliberate, she might have even been against the death penalty from the start, it might be a good sign.

How would that be good?? Unless JSS kicked her off as a stealth juror? Can't see that happening...

Deep breaths' ....could be so many things! 1. illness
2. family issues...
lets keep positive! :)

How can they tell them/him/her no if they feel the juror refuses to deliberate or if they juror reduses to deliberate?

This was posted along with the news about the juror request:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 13m13 minutes ago
#jodiarias asked to speak to Nurmi in person

If the juror refuses to deliberate then she can dismissed. I just hope this situation is worked out quickly.

It is the part where the askfor juror number 2 that worries me. That seems fishy. Lord knows Nurmi will jump on that point
Exactly, and even if it isn't fishy, the DT will not have to try very hard to make it sound fishy....

WTF is this person thinking???? This is almost as bad as the previous jury stating, "we didn't know if we didn't agree it would mean a hung jury" :gaah:

I have never heard of a Juror wanting to do a switcheroo????

From Erickson:

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 1m1 minute ago

Defense team speeding to court house...

B-yaIHDUIAAy4Pw.png

:hilarious:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 30s31 seconds ago
The jury wanted a certain set of instructions. We're not really clear on that because you know this is a secret trial in a secret court

Same thing happened with Scott Peterson. He got death.

Maybe they want to switch her out for a juror who will agree with them on death?

Biting my tongue as i write this - or a juror that is the only one for death and won't budge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves