VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nu-uh. I eat no-bean chili because I hate Kidney Beans.

beans in chile is called yankee chile down here in Texas. You'd do fine and would you like a big hunk of cornbread with it? It has jalapenos and cheese in it.

Wow! NG just said on HLN that she doesn't think JA will get the DP.

So? She's just a talking head like any other. Greta thought she would get it.

Dang I'm 10 pages behind, but maybe the jury is looking for the exhibit numbers of:
- the police reports from JA's various abuses/DV suffered
- the doctor/hospital reports from JA's various abuses/DV suffered
- the invitation Travis sent to JA to come to his house 6/4/2008
- etc.

I just don't like this idea of the jurors wanting to crawl up in all the "evidence". They ought to KNOW by now that most of the "evidence"........isn't. It's not like it's the guilt phase. Not one bit of the sex tapes, *advertiser censored* claims, abuse claims, transcripts, are mitigators for that monster. We ALL know that.

Or maybe they want to review just a few things and don't want to waste time digging thru ALL of it, JMO.

You're right....I hope.

I am just very wary of them feeling a need to second guess or investigate the verdict of premeditation.

BBM: Yes ^^^ this is very worrisome, IMO. When "Exhibits" were requested this morning, I was thinking WTH ?

They have to sentence JA -- NOT review anything that pertains to the verdict of GUILTY of 1st Degree Pre-Med Murder !

:gaah:

I personally think guilt trips should not be allowed by any party in court.

I totally agree. The courts have decided to allow DP so these jurors are just requested to do a job that the courts have decided is constitutional.

They should have no guilt in trying to do a job they have been asked to do by the courts.

I think memoriesbymichelle is right.

That seems, well, just ridiculous. I've been on several juries and the booklets (your notes) are confiscated at the end of the trial, they are not for personal use. They are only used during deliberations, why else would they be taking notes? to write a book. I think something got mixed up again today, MeeBee, that makes no sense.

No they cannot use their notes in deliberations. They are for their personal use only. They did ask if they can use them during deliberations and the answer was no.
No, they were told they could not review their notes privately, alone. They have to be reviewed during deliberations with the other jurors.

BBM: Yes ^^^ this is very worrisome, IMO. When "Exhibits" were requested this morning, I was thinking WTH ?

They have to sentence JA -- NOT review anything that pertains to the verdict of GUILTY of 1st Degree Pre-Med Murder !

:gaah:

But they are deciding if someone should die for it. If they want to pull out the crime scene and autopsy info and go over that, they will be able to see how heinous this all was.

She also says that they plan to be a long time because a crockpot is a slow cooker. Guess she doesn't know you can use it as a warmer/server.

Nancy Grace and crock pots in one sentence...this is a very strange trial indeed.

Dang I'm 10 pages behind, but maybe the jury is looking for the exhibit numbers of:
- the police reports from JA's various abuses/DV suffered
- the doctor/hospital reports from JA's various abuses/DV suffered
- the invitation Travis sent to JA to come to his house 6/4/2008
- etc.

Excuse me, but shouldn't you be down at the court house finding us a trial to start watching next week? I thought I made it clear that it was up to you to keep us all together and find us a good, quick Texas case

No they cannot use their notes in deliberations. They are for their personal use only. They did ask if they can use them during deliberations and the answer was no.
That is wrong. They can use notes during deliberations, not during breaks or when NOT deliberating.

You're right....I hope. I am just very wary of them feeling a need to second guess or investigate the verdict of premeditation.

Weeks of premeditation. I know they are not suppose to take that into account, but I hope they do because Nurmi tried so hard to invalidate that.

Well, good thing is, if they were all for LIFE, it would've been over by now. Seems like a much easier decision. Right?

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 1h1 hour ago
Answers to juror questions: Jury can work through lunch. Jurors cannot look at notes silently during breaks #JodiArias #abc15

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1h1 hour ago
Next jury question - Can we review our notes during breaks or can we only look at them when in session?
Only when in session #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1h1 hour ago
Can we individually and silently look at our notes on breaks
Defense says only when deliberating
Pro agrees #jodiarias #3tvarias
----

Granted they're tweets but I think it answers the question of whether or not they can use their notes - Yes, but only when deliberating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153