VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
a few tweeters are commenting that the recess is 1hr from now and is that just coincidence

That is just great....I will be at work when they return. grrrrrrr

This little hallway tete a tete has me concerned. Are they to meet in chambers with court reporter present (on the record) or the hallway with none (off the record)? And if off the record, why?

Tweets:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 3m3 minutes ago

Jurors that took a break have returned to jury room. #jodiarias

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 3m3 minutes ago

#JodiArias judge is in chambers hallway with counsel in #JodiArias.
Jurors back from break

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago

Lawyers are back. At recess until 1:00. #JodiArias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago

They're back. Judge Stpehens calls a 1 hour recess until 1:00 MST.
The secret court of Judge Stephens continues. #jodiarias

AZL please. Is it too late in the jury deliberations to come and say one juror is not participating in deliberations? If someone went in with LWOP being their vote and would not participate and discuss, would that juror be able to be replaced?

That can happen, but the juror would have to really be refusing to deliberate, not just refusing to be swayed.

Per BK the chambers chat probably an informal discussion that will be put on the record later.

And yet that doesn't seem to happen in this courtroom.

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 40s41 seconds ago
Judge and attorneys return for the announcement "we are at recess until 1 o'clock. #JodiArias

really

JSS and her super secret court again

I hope this isn't so that JW can go home and change into her court clothes for them to announce that the jury is hung. :( :( :(

Correct shady stuff. And completely unnecessary.

EVERYTHING with this particular defendants case needs to be ON THE RECORD and as it happens.

It should be completely unacceptable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a few tweeters are commenting that the recess is 1hr from now and is that just coincidence

WHO is in recess? The jurors or just this crazy courtroom cast of characters? (JM and Flores excluded from that snark, of course!)

From Beth Karas:

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras · 2m2 minutes ago

The judge in #jodiarias just announced that we're at recess until 1:00 p.m.

Something is definitely up.

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 40s41 seconds ago
Judge and attorneys return for the announcement "we are at recess until 1 o'clock. #JodiArias

really

JSS and her super secret court again
Well, what does that mean? They are in recess? Is the jury still deliberating? Recess?

so was the murderer in that "hallway" get together?

Feel like I just rode the roller coaster to the top of the hill and then it quit with this "recess" ruckus. Off to go finish some work for the next hour.

Correct shady stuff. And completely unnecessary.

Hey, I didn't have anything to do with it!

I say, let the sunlight in, only way to dis-infect. Power up the cameras....no more sidebars or secret meetings in hallways if we are EVER going to trust the court again.

Remember the first trial...they said it was a juror question when it was the verdict. Maybe this one hour break is the one hour verdict notice.....just wondering.

AZL, lots of predictions of this being the verdict. Could they be discussing how to make this happen? Is it at all possible that this is not a jury question and is, in fact, the verdict?

I've never smoked but I think I ought to start right now.

NO you should not. Trust me having spent 40 years trying to quit. Friends don't let friends stink up their worlds. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand