VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Krafft @SKrafftFox10 · now 19 seconds ago
sounds like #jodiarias judge is going to tell jurors she knows they are at impasse but should get back to work to break it.

If this was a man whom did this to a woman we wouldn't be having this 2nd trial IMO

I'm frustrated why they can't along with the 1st jury just sentence her to death

From Erickson:

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 2m2 minutes ago

\My source told me this an hour ago, & I was crucified for it.
"@thegoldpatrol: #jodiarias to make it simple - the jurors are at an impasse.”

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 39s40 seconds ago
A modified impasse instruction will be given to jurors. #jodiarias

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 7s 7 seconds ago
Generally I'd say the impasse charge is good for State here because hung = life so this is better than nothing in #JodiArias

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio · 37s38 seconds ago
A modified impasse instruction will be given to jurors. #jodiarias
----

I wonder why the need for a modification?

I'm going to stay calm. There's nothing I can do. I'll be fine with any verdict. Jury, please reach one.

As much as I dislike the way that this Judge has run her courtroom I cannot say that it's her fault that we have *this situation* on our hands. What more do the jurors need? If they look at Travis' butchered body and are unable to decide life or death then that's it. If this is not a case for death I don't know what is.

Can someone explain Dynomite charge and what exactly is entails except for "try harder"? All I can think about with "try harder" is a bowel movement.

This sucks so much. :(

I didn't think I would feel this way, but I am on the verge of tears. Clearly anyone not wanting to grant the DP didn't really believe JA's story, they are conflicted about the DP, well, in my opinion anyway...

#JodiArias - Arizona jury standard insrt: Before giving an impasse instruction, the trial judge must determine whether
the jury is at an impasse because “prematurely giving an impasse instruction may * * * be a
form of coercion.”

Tweets:
Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 2m2 minutes ago

Stephens called for the jury, then realized they are still at lunch. #jodiarias

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Why "modified" instructions? What's wrong with the actual instructions? Modified how?

ETA: OK...maybe modified because it is a DP deliberation and it has to look not coerced in any way. That must be it.

I'm shocked really that there are at the minimum 5 people who feel inclined to give a worthless human being like Jodi the mercy she never gave her victim. Really really shocked.

My heart breaks for the Alexanders.

The only one who should be hung right now is JA....jmo

From Hayden:
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 3m3 minutes ago

#JodiArias jury on break but will be called in and told by judge to work harder to reach a verdict.

From Kraft:
Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 3m3 minutes ago

sounds like #jodiarias judge is going to tell jurors she knows they are at impasse but should get back to work to break it.

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 2m2 minutes ago

Jury coming in momentarily to receive "modified impasse instruction" #jodiarias #3tvarias

Ugh. This really sucks. If any of these jurors say afterwards that they just couldn't give her death, I want to know why the hell they said they could when being selected? So maddening! :maddening:

Agreed!!

Seriously...:sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads