VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I dislike the way that this Judge has run her courtroom I cannot say that it's her fault that we have *this situation* on our hands. What more do the jurors need? If they look at Travis' butchered body and are unable to decide life or death then that's it. If this is not a case for death I don't know what is.

another stealth juror?

This is going to end hung and she'll get LWOP. I can only imagine what those who vote for Life are going to think when they see all that we've seen over the past few years. Deceived perhaps?

As much as I dislike the way that this Judge has run her courtroom I cannot say that it's her fault that we have *this situation* on our hands. What more do the jurors need? If they look at Travis' butchered body and are unable to decide life or death then that's it. If this is not a case for death I don't know what is.

Because the judge was the one who allowed the DT to slander the victim for days on end with their so called Expert Witnesses, and let the whole thing drag out for 5 months with very little ACTUAL testimony? This case has to be as clear as mud to these jurors.

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 7s 7 seconds ago
Generally I'd say the impasse charge is good for State here because hung = life so this is better than nothing in #JodiArias

Jeffrey is confused. It's not like she is going to walk away from her conviction. Two choices, LWOP or DP, Jeffrey!

If this was a man whom did this to a woman we wouldn't be having this 2nd trial IMO

I'm frustrated why they can't along with the 1st jury just sentence her to death

Agreed if Travis had been the defendant and Jodi the victim they would have come back in a few hours with a verdict of death. No question about it.

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 33s34 seconds ago
Some #JodiArias friends and supporters are in court. No sign of her family.

Tweets:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 29s29 seconds ago

AZ law: Hung jury in penalty phase re-trial is an automatic life sentence. So a hung jury essentially is a verdict. #JodiArias

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 15s15 seconds ago

Regardless of the outcome, I've got nothing but love for this #JodiArias jury. They've got an unenviable job & have worked hard.

Darrin Kavinoke on HLN said it best (paraphrased) Watching a trial by following tweets is like reading a great novel one letter at a time.

So it will probably be a hung jury. And that's how it is. She will get LWOP and fade away. That's ok.

AZlawyer, Help!

So this is the second jury just for the penalty phase. Why would Nurmi ask for mistrial? I thought, if this jury couldn't come to a decision, then it was up to the Judge to give LWOP or the other where she could get out?

Am I misinformed?

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 3m3 minutes ago
Whoever is doing Donavan'd hair needs to stop... #jodiarias

Wonder if we could impanel a jury to unanimously agree upon that

Why "modified" instructions? What's wrong with the actual instructions? Modified how?

ETA: OK...maybe modified because it is a DP deliberation and it has to look not coerced in any way. That must be it.

Well, Nurmi Objected, again to instruction, so JSS has to modify it, AND he called for mistrial, again.

This jury will never get a unanomous decision for the DP now. Someone is holding out and they are dug in. Good news is---Stabby Einstein ain't going anywhere. She will rot in prison, in her tiny little cage, right next to her toilet bowl and hard cot. :jail: Her fans may celebrate this as a win, but it is hardly that.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 13s13 seconds ago
The jury will be brought in. Judge Stephens did not address question #6. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 59s60 seconds ago
There is an impass with the jury #jodiarias #3tvarias

im over this. really.

did she need to chop him up when she was done with him to get the dp?

dont say you can give the DP if you can't!

I agree! I will NEVER for the life of me understand how they cannot decide for death after her killing him 3 times over!!! What the heck does she need to do for 12 people to agree that the only reasonable sentence is death! Of course good ol' Nurmi wants a mistrial AGAIN!!! Thankfully the judge said NO right away (shocker) but of course everything else is secret! After this trial ends if it ever does I am going to write somebody and tell them to tell Sherri to knock off the secrecy and I WILL be voting her out in 2016

OK so if a hung jury is actually a verdict for LWOP then why is Nurmi arguing about it????

I'm shocked really that there are at the minimum 5 people who feel inclined to give a worthless human being like Jodi the mercy she never gave her victim. Really really shocked.

My heart breaks for the Alexanders.

why a minimum of 5? i thought even if 1 person said no DP they are hung?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic