DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Kiefer:
Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago

An impasse instruction, or dynamite charge in court lingo,

asks jurors to try to reach a unanimous verdict. Not sure what "modified" means.

I just read the Allen charge, and it was saying something about the cost etc etc etc, the time etc etc etc and it reference the guilt type phase, I guess to modify it to talk just about the penalty phase? yes?

I'm shocked really that there are at the minimum 5 people who feel inclined to give a worthless human being like Jodi the mercy she never gave her victim. Really really shocked.

My heart breaks for the Alexanders.
What do you mean by a minimum of 5? I thought they had to be unanimous?

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin · 2m2 minutes ago
#JodiArias talking with Wilmott at the defense table. Not sure if she's seen her mom yet.

Because the judge was the one who allowed the DT to slander the victim for days on end with their so called Expert Witnesses, and let the whole thing drag out for 5 months with very little ACTUAL testimony? This case has to be as clear as mud to these jurors.

THIS. Exactly.

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 40s40 seconds ago
Last time around more time did not help a jury reach a verdict. What will happen this time? #JodiArias

why a minimum of 5? i thought even if 1 person said no DP they are hung?

Because 4 voted for life last time and we don't know the split with this jury. So at the minimum we have 5 people who think Jodi is a human being that could be productive and deserves life instead of death.

But I imagine with the group that keeps leaving to go on a break that might tell you the divide.

Cam we please wait for another day to hear it is "OK" or "expected" or anything similar that the DP looks unlikely? I think it is decidedly NOT OK for many of us, and EXTREMELY difficult to process that possibility at the moment.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 29s30 seconds ago
#JodiArias defense team with two new unidentified members huddling loudly at bench. Nobody knows who they are.
---

Her appeal attnys? :facepalm:

Tweets:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 36s37 seconds ago

#JodiArias defense team with two new unidentified members huddling loudly at bench. Nobody knows who they are.

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 20s21 seconds ago

#JodiArias' Mom w/2 women that have often attended court w/her. One w/short dirty blond hair. (she checks twitter throughout on iPad ��)

#JodiArias talking with Wilmott at the defense table. Not sure if she's seen her mom yet.

Mom- took her 1.5 hrs to get to the courthouse? What in the world was she doing?
Part of me thinks she maybe secretly wanted to miss the announcement????

Jodi has got to be feeling pretty good and vindicated. In her mind she will believe that someone on the jury believed the pedo crap and all the abuse claims.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 21s21 seconds ago

#jodiarias chair looks even lower than normal. Can only see the very top of her head.

At least someone has a sense of humor, lol

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 3m3 minutes ago
#JodiArias defense team with two new unidentified members huddling loudly at bench. Nobody knows who they are

Agreed if Travis had been the defendant and Jodi the victim they would have come back in a few hours with a verdict of death. No question about it.

Because the judge was the one who allowed the DT to slander the victim for days on end with their so called Expert Witnesses, and let the whole thing drag out for 5 months with very little ACTUAL testimony? This case has to be as clear as mud to these jurors.

Agree with both sentiments. The killer is a women and JSS has to shoulder some blame IMO

You know what if she gets LWOP then this whole second penalty phase has been a complete waste of everyone's time and Az taxpayers money ..

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 29s30 seconds ago
---

Her appeal attnys? :facepalm:

My first thought when I saw the tweet.

Bull. NO mitigators. Premeditation and aggravator already proven. This should have been straightforward.

It's total bull that these jurors aren't applying the law here. Absent of any mitigating factors, the only option is the DP, right? Ugh!

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
#jodiarias chair looks even lower than normal. Can only see the very top of her head.

Jodi has got to be feeling pretty good and vindicated. In her mind she will believe that someone on the jury believed the pedo crap and all the abuse claims.

Exactly. And her mother will be happy, while the Alexanders will be sad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member