VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 24s24 seconds ago
Jury heads back to the room to deliberate. Instructions sounded pretty standard to me... #JodiArias

Everything this judge did sucks. Secrets. Closed door meetings. Trial by tweets.
Do we all feel a bit foolish staring at computer screens?

Tweets:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 1m1 minute ago

I have suggestions to help you reach a verdict.
Each juror has a responsibility to consult with the others. Judge. #JodiArias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 32s32 seconds ago

Stephens starts the instruction saying she is not trying to force a verdict.
"No juror should surrender his or her opinion" based on others.

Steve Krafft @SKrafftFox10 · 3s 4 seconds ago
Please return to the jury room and continue deliberating, #jodiarias judge instructs jurors.

Well, if life in prison is considered a victory, we should expect Nurmi et al to go out and celebrate far into the night.

It's not like the killer can join them. IMO, LWOP is a miniscule victory at best and that is only for Nurmi and Wilmott's reputations if anything, not a victory at all for the defendant.

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 47s48 seconds ago
Judge sent jury back to jury room to deliberate. #JodiArias

So what impact would there be if a juror showed up...um...impaired? Not that that's what is happening, I'm just curious?

That one juror who wants off... she should just go out shopping at lunch and shoplift some cosmetics or something. See how I help people?

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 30s31 seconds ago
#jodiarias judge: no juror should surrender individual beliefs, but should work together to reach consensus.
Well that makes sense. I won't give up my verdict so you give up yours.

Tweets:

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 48s48 seconds ago

And back they go to the jury room with that helpful pep talk. And we go back to waiting. #jodiarias

Steve Krafft @SKrafftFox10 · 5s 6 seconds ago
This was the so-called "dynamite" charge in which #jodiarias judge tries to blow up any belief-based logjams, nudging jurors to verdict.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ

Look at the evidence and if you still disagree send a note and we will try to assist you #jodiarias #3tvarias Please continue deliberating

They heard enough and saw enough, and respectfully, right now I'm not in a happy place to be discussing anything. Putting myself in time out.

This is exactly what JA craves. Knowing she gets to people. Please don't allow her to get to you or anyone for that matter. We have no control over the jurors. They really have been working hard. Regardless of the outcome, JA will be in prison forever. She wants to portray this doesn't effect her, that is pure BS. Locked up like a caged animal for the rest of her life.

Hugs to you, Hope.

He tweeted it before hallway meeting. Who cares. It is NOT ok!

Its probably just a lucky guess, IMO. Its been days of deliberations! It isn't hard to come to the conclusion that the jury is split. If they weren't they would have returned a verdict by now.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago

Identify areas of agreement and disagreement #jodiarias #3tvarias

Don't you think they have already done this?

Promise Revell ‏@Promiseluv372 1m1 minute ago
"Look at the evidence and if you still disagree send a note we'll try and assist you Please continue to deliberate #jodiarias #verdictwatch

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 1m1 minute ago
#JodiArias smiling at jurors as they left.

see----this is what makes me sick......

Well, if life in prison is considered a victory, we should expect Nurmi et al to go out and celebrate far into the night.

It's not like this killer is ever going free. IMO that's a miniscule victory at best and that is only for Nurmi and Wilmott's reputations if anything, not a victory at all for the defendant. IMO

Oh they will celebrate, and so will JA, the one who wanted the death penalty, so she said.

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · now 10 seconds ago
#JodiArias recess. Travis brother Stephen stands alone at the bar staring at bench where lawyers are at sidebar, rest of family sitting.

The instructions should have reminded them that it is their duty to accept the guilty with cruelty conviction... I think they've probably gotten themselves off track by retrying that.:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010