VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so, she's smiling again! Smiling she gets to spend the rest of her life in a cell as a convicted murderer!!!! See how messed up her mind is...

Well, on the bright said IF there has to be one, she only get's one appeal paid for if she gets LWOP. Then all the rest of her appeals have to be funded by HER.

On Death row, she gets as many as she wants and they are all paid for by the state of Az

AZlawyer or Boytwnmom is this correct or did I read it wrong.. I am wrong a lot

Remember the look on Juan's face when the last jury hung in the penalty phase? Gosh I hope he doesn't have to feel that again.

OMG, yes I do ! Juan was absolutely crushed ... and so was the Alexander Family !

:please::please::please: for Juan
:please::please::please: for Alexander Family
:please::please::please: for Travis !

RIGHT?!? Are they supposed to be happy?! This isn't a game show FGS! So many tweets say the jury looks "tired and unhappy"... As if they should all look perky and smile. I don't get it.

You know who is probably EXHAUSTED and MISERABLE? The entire Alexander family, thats who. Get back to work Jury!
The jury has been working hard. They have been there since October! They were told it would only go until December. Please don't say negative things about the jury. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Their decision will not be on emotions from the Alexander family. If the DP was given based on the feelings of sorrow for the Alexander family and how much pain they endure, of course it would be the DP.

I'd jump her seriously. I'd try and get a smack or two in before the guards drag me off to my cell for the night.

I would too honest if I was family I'd be doing time on her account. Jodi should be glad I'm not in Arizona. I have so much respect for the restraint of the Alexander family. I wouldn't have it.

exhibited by the trial management skills of this judge, combined with the the excess of testimony concerning the victim rather than the defendant, may have tended to skew the perception of the jury here as to what the actual issues were. I have a legal background and I found it incredibly difficult to reconcile the fact that this was supposed to be a trial about whether there was sufficient mitigation to spare the life of the defendant with the actual proceedings which focused on proctorial misconduct, *advertiser censored*/child *advertiser censored*/computer evidence and the psychological "experts" who focused on the psychological makeup and tendencies of the victim rather than on the defendant. I really believe a different judge may have made a difference. This should never have taken this long. The scope of evidence and testimony should have been limited. To allow the focus of so much of the mitigation testimony to be on the victim presented a false picture of what the proceeding was about and what mitigation is. But how would the jury know? If 90% of the testimony is about the victim why should they be thinking about heinous the crime was and how the defendant lacked mitigation.

Defense experts should not have been attempting to "diagnose" the victim which is the reality of what they were doing despite their claims otherwise and despite the fact that I doubt the standards of their profession would have allowed such a diagnosis on a deceased person via selected e-mails sent by a victim to the person who murdered him. I know for sure victims rights were not advanced by this process. And the guarantees of due process for the defendant are not a license to "convict" a murder victim on charges never leveled against him. All along Nurmi's strategy was to wear down the jury, to drag this out so that any serious urgency was negated and to confuse the jury with regard to who was on trial for what. And this judge let him win time and time again. He is simply getting the mistrial and thus life sentence he has bargained for all along one way or another. And I do totally blame this judge.

I am not one who thinks JSS is taken in by Jodi or has any sympathy for her at all. She acknowledged as much when she permitted the absurd secret testimony but noted that Jodi was being manipulative. Yet she allowed herself to be manipulated. Over and over. I think she lacks confidence in her decisions. My experience with tough NY judges was that they never lived in fear of appeal. They made what they felt were the correct decisions and let appeals lie in the future. They had no qualms about time limits and holding both sides to schedules. Once the DT sensed JSS's uncertainly they took full advantage. She has aided and abetted their strategy.

Personally, I don't care what sentence Jodi gets. Either way her goose is cooked. All I cared about was the 1st degree conviction. But I felt the victim's family deserved to get the DP they wanted. This whole process has been absurd-this murder occurred in June 2008 people! That family has gone through way too much. I agree with KCL and others that victims rights needs some work in AZ if this trial is an example.

Because the judge was the one who allowed the DT to slander the victim for days on end with their so called Expert Witnesses, and let the whole thing drag out for 5 months with very little ACTUAL testimony? This case has to be as clear as mud to these jurors.

greatest-office-gifs-ice-cream.gif

..@BettyDavisEyes...tell me please where is the reasonable doubt? She killed him in 3 ways not just one AND she admitted to it AND there was evidence that tied her to the crime AND she drove 1,000 miles to kill him....where is the reasonable doubt?

In this retrial, "reasonable doubt" is indicated in the mitigating factors. While many of us might not view these as significant, some on the jury might. Again, I cannot fault them for their choices.

Jodi lost a long time ago with the guilty verdict ...smiles are an act of defiance, nothing more , this person thought she'd walk free , which will never happen . My thoughts and energy go to the Alexander family right now, your brother was a lovely guy and may he rest in peace , ye deserve to go on with your lives with your heads held high , you did him proud x

I guess we will just have to disagree. She will adapt, and make a life in prison. Given these two options as the only choice, she won. Not to mention, she more than likely feels that she may still have a chance at getting out, someday.

Excuse my language, but she won ****. If they hang, she just lost a different way then she would have lost otherwise. LWOP or DP, rock and a hard place. After the guilty verdict the only thing left for her to do was decide HOW she was going to lose, the conditions of her loss if you must: do we lock you up for life or do we kill you? There's no winning there.

Jodi can smile all she wants. When she is locked away I might just write to her and send her a pic of me smiling sipping on my Starbucks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even better, We should take selfies with our middle finger salutes of the 1000 Places To See Before You Die and send them to her! :lol:

I listened to Grace and she appears to be not the least bit shocked. She mentioned the stats. She believes they will hang. She suspects it is 8-4 based on behavior. She said if true she does not see them coming together. It'd be one thing if they were 11-1 or 10-2 but if around 8-4 it's highly unlikely they'll come together.

This really sucks but I'm already preparing for LWOP and I truly believe the judge will go with that without question.

I think or hope the judge does do that. When will she sentence her? How soon? Today??

Even if she has decent food and friends (criminals by the way!) it's still prison. For life. That sounds pretty hellish to me.

Remember the look on Juan's face when the last jury hung in the penalty phase? Gosh I hope he doesn't have to feel that again.

He will survive. This is not about Juan. As much as I like him and think he is awesome it has little to do with him. The Alexanders want the DP because the want the worst for JA. and who can blame them? I don't.
I think LWOP will be worse for her in the long run. No notoriety, no special treatment, no direct appeal. I think that in the end her living 50 years behind bars is the perfect punishment.

Let's remember we don't know what the divide is with the jury. Lots of people seem to be running with 8-4. For all we know it could be 11-1, making it much easier to get that one juror on board with DP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the autopsy pics and the fact that she drove 1000 miles, I think would be enough for me to give the DP and the fact that she went to see her new love interest after the brutal murder. I guess some people believed the abuse stuff. I guess you never know how you would feel handing down a DP verdict if you have never experienced it before.

Don't forget that disgusting letter that she wrote the family!

What did she win? In reality everyone knows no one is taking her life. After this she is going to PRISON. not jail. It will be different and it will sink in that that is that. She will never ever ever get out.

I agree. She is devious enough to take pleasure in not giving JM and Travis' family what they want but this is short term thinking. She's going away forever. JM got the best of this evil person, he convicted her and she'll die in prison. Win.

I guess we will just have to disagree. She will adapt, and make a life in prison. Given these two options as the only choice, she won. Not to mention, she more than likely feels that she may still have a chance at getting out, someday.

She will definitely see this as a win. She will smile in evil satisfaction and think she still 'has it' and can still manipulate people into believing her lies.

So were the two questions:

We're stuck, does that mean we can give up now?

AND ..

If not what do we do now?

Am I right?

Other jurors do it day in and day out all across our country when meting out punishment.

The problem with this case is biases. The defendant is a white female and her victim is a male which usually ends in the jury giving the female life or hanging. Never mind that the crime is just as heinous or moreso when they were committed by males who are on death row. I don't think we will ever see gender equality in our justice system.

If this had been a male defendant the penalty of death verdict would have already been back.

IMO

:goodpost:

:seeya: I am so glad you are here !

BBM: I totally agree !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics