VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What were the questions the jury had? I had to leave for a while. Thanks

I'm going to Cancun again this year. I'll take one in a bathing suit, drink in hand, on the white sandy beach, with the glorious sun shining down on me.

:) And don't forget to send postcards from Cancun to you know who in :jail: !

:) LOL !

Report that, MeeBee.

For the good of WS, report it.

What makes me sad is I really like this person and it came out of nowhere. I understand people are upset but don't take it out on each other.

JMO, but I am sick of people talking about taxpayers money being spent to put a killer on death row. She will kill again. What if Travis was your brother?

my point is if they hang it floors me as the last jury hung also. if they give the death penalty or even come to agreement over LWOP it will be worth every cent. don't you think it's a waste to do this all over with the same results? like really?

eta: i dont know where you are getting that i somehow think they should not have had this retrial and i don't disagree that she will kill again, my point was that these jurors who may be having problem with choosing death have to realize she's probably not going to actually be killed, because she'll probably die of old age before they put her to death, they should be thinking of keeping her in isolation, for the exact reasons you stated. she will kill again.

I've been thinking about this. There has to be someone there who is more evil than this murderer, someone who's been there for a very long time, someone who is there for LWOP, I just don't think the murderer will have an easy time in prison. There will be someone there she won't be able to charm.
Oh there will be a few with a lot more power than she will ever see in a woman's prison. Still amazed that she had no real friends willing to testify for her, matter of fact there are very few female names even mentioned in her journals, etc. Women do.not.like.her. She will be kind of a new curiosity when she first gets there, but that will fade fairly quickly I think. From then on, this lying, manipulative will be seen as just that by those around her. Her little hobby about making up stuff and whining to one person about another will catch up to her pretty fast there too, IMO. She's going to tattle or gossip about the wrong person, sooner rather than later, and she will learn just how much power she doesn't have. I'll bet several 'leaders' there are already waiting for her...

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago
And we're going back in! #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 12s13 seconds ago
We are back in the courtroom and I don't know why #jodiarias #3tvarias

Oh my that all sounds like trouble trying to switch jurors at this point in the game. If one said that day one they could not vote death they should have been dismissed immediately. They can't switch out now because they disagree.

Defense would have a field day with that one.

MOO of course.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 44s 44 seconds ago
We are back in the courtroom and I don't know why #jodiarias #3tvarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 20s20 seconds ago
The #jodiarias jury has another question we are told. Everyone piled back in to the courtroom.

Looks as if at least one or two jurors are buying into the Nurmi math :

Jodi was mistreated by a sexual deviant + Jodi is mentally ill = Life in prison only.

This really shouldn't surprise anybody. The jury panel in this case was selected on the premise that they find people who are so uninformed, out of the loop, and self-involved, that they've never even heard of Jodi Arias. Why would anybody be led to believe that these same
low-information people can make a wise decision ?

Everyone is going back into the court room. Please, please, please let this be over.

I'm going to Cancun again this year. I'll take one in a bathing suit, drink in hand, on the white sandy beach, with the glorious sun shining down on me.

We had a thread about all the things this vile criminal will never get to do again. I'm going to read it after the verdict is announced.

Enjoy Cancun, AngelWings!

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 11s11 seconds ago
Sidebar. #jodiarias

Tweets:

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 2m2 minutes ago

Alexander family floods courtroom. #jodiarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2m2 minutes ago

And we're going back in! #jodiarias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 3m3 minutes ago

Alexander family floods courtroom. #jodiarias

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras · 45s46 seconds ago
Everyone is assembling again in #jodiarias. Maybe this is the end--judge is at sidebar with attorneys.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 35s36 seconds ago
Sidebar. #jodiarias

From Kiefer:

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago

The #jodiarias jury has another question we are told. Everyone piled back in to the courtroom.

I'm just going to reiterate what I said in the first trial. 12 strangers should not be deciding Jodi's fate. That, in my opinion, should be the back up system. Personally, I believe the family, friends, and loved ones of the victim should have the right to determine the sentence of the perpetrator that took their loved one away unless they would prefer not to. There are many families that wouldn't choose death but for those that would, and desire it for the perpetrator, it seems an added cruelty to leave it in the hands of others.

JMO
Totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members