VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That can happen, but the juror would have to really be refusing to deliberate, not just refusing to be swayed.

And yet that doesn't seem to happen in this courtroom.

Are there any other grounds for being let off/kicked off besides refusing to deliberate? For example- what if this is about the juror who asked to be released days ago and was refused. She's given it her best try but realizes she just can't return a DP verdict, even of that's what she thinks is the right thing to do, and no amount of time is going to make it possible for her. Does that count as refusal to deliberate? Can a juror be released for not being able to cope emotionally?

And if that is what's going on, how problematic is it that the juror asked for a specific replacement?

That can happen, but the juror would have to really be refusing to deliberate, not just refusing to be swayed.

If a juror refused to deliberate would that be contempt?

She is pathologically paralyzed when it comes to decision making! Nurmi probably whined and she, as usual, melted into a puddle of fear. Will be soooooooo relieved not to ever see or hear from her EVER again.

Defense lawyers will pray to get JSS in the future. It will be a miracle if this finally comes to a close. imo

im going to step away til 1...feel like by heads about to explode.

So does anyone want to take a guess at what's going on? I'm at a loss.

AZL, lots of predictions of this being the verdict. Could they be discussing how to make this happen? Is it at all possible that this is not a jury question and is, in fact, the verdict?

My gut tells me it is the verdict, of course I could be totally wrong but as of this minute I feel it is the verdict.

It definitely seems to bypass the victims bill that allows for family to be present

If Jodi wasn't present and only attorneys were then the victims family cannot attend.

Tr alexander family can attend anything when Jodi is in attendance.

Did JSS answer their question and send them back until 1??? confused

If the jury is hung, will the killer be sentenced by JSS immediately? Or will the family have to wait to find out if this monster will have the chance to get out of jail some day?

Remember the first trial...they said it was a juror question when it was the verdict. Maybe this one hour break is the one hour verdict notice.....just wondering.

I agree it might be a verdict. This is a high profile case and maybe they don't want 20,000 people showing up at the courthouse. They snuck the hung jury
verdict in last time by saying a jury question.

From Erickson:
Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 2m2 minutes ago

My sources tell me the #JodiArias jury is divided. Hopefully that's not the case. Stay tuned. #VerdictWatch

:thinking: Is Erickson "friends" with Kiefer ?

:gaah:

I hope when this trial is over with they manage to find a nice quiet little traffic court for Judge Stephens to preside over.

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 4m4 minutes ago
My sources tell me the #JodiArias jury is divided. Hopefully that's not the case. Stay tuned. #VerdictWatch

I agree it might be a verdict. This is a high profile case and maybe they don't want 20,000 people showing up at the courthouse. They snuck the hung jury

It isn't a verdict.

From Erickson:
Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 2m2 minutes ago

:thinking: Is Erickson "friends" with Kiefer ?

:gaah:

How would a "source" know?

That doesn't account for the closeted discussion with attorneys though

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 4m4 minutes ago

That's an easy guess, they haven't come back with a verdict, so they are divided.

Maybe she thinks that they have a verdict but they need to vote after the question answered so they will announce that they HAVE a verdict at 1, and then we will see it at 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz