DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From WAT:
Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 2m2 minutes ago

MDLR on 2nd floor in good spirits. #jodiarias

:gaah: :stormingmad::gaah: :stormingmad::gaah: :stormingmad::gaah: :stormingmad:

Anybody have any statistics on how often juries come back with a verdict after being given "impasse instructions"? It seems that they usually remain deadlocked as far as I can remember...

One of the tweeters said he was told by legal experts it is very unlikely they will reach a unanimous decision as to life or death in this situation. Take that FWIW. She has been convicted, so I think most of the jurors can live with their decision either way.

She won, in this situation. She didn't want to live with the thought of the state taking her life.

What did she win? In reality everyone knows no one is taking her life. After this she is going to PRISON. not jail. It will be different and it will sink in that that is that. She will never ever ever get out.

I'm afraid it's the same prob as last jury foreman said he refused them to go over each jurors concerns because of the 'no juror may influence each other'. Stopped deliberating at that point.

How can the jurors not influence one and other? What exactly are they supposed to talk about in their deliberations? Isn't the point to come to some form of consensus which would require some form of influencing or persuading unless everyone was on the 'same page' right from the start? Ah well, given what happened last time around I am just thankful she was found guilty.

I listened to Grace and she appears to be not the least bit shocked. She mentioned the stats. She believes they will hang. She suspects it is 8-4 based on behavior. She said if true she does not see them coming together. It'd be one thing if they were 11-1 or 10-2 but if around 8-4 it's highly unlikely they'll come together.

This really sucks but I'm already preparing for LWOP and I truly believe the judge will go with that without question.

I think as long as its pro judge and hughes then i think so..

Well, I am very unhappy with both, and I am still here. I hope at least some of the jurors tell us what went on in deliberations. What were the main sticking points, etc.

so, she's smiling again! Smiling she gets to spend the rest of her life in a cell as a convicted murderer!!!! See how messed up her mind is...

I would be horrified and terrified at the thought of spending the rest of my life in prison. I would prefer the death penalty and if I knew I was not getting out for a long time, or never, I would want the sentence carried out asap. I could not tolerate prison and face it, lethal injection is less painful and scary way to go than some deaths by natural causes. I would hate every single minute in prison. But that's just me, I guess.

I don't understand all the secrecy, meetings in the hallway, the hour wait, etc etc, for just a standard dynamite statement.

When jurors are considered "death qualified" to serve on a jury that CAN render the death penalty, they have not yet seen evidence, heard testimony, etc. Their ultimate decision is based on what transpires during the trial. I'm certain that all 12 jurors (plus alternates) were open and honest about being able to vote for death IF - and only IF - the evidence presented during the trial warranted the DP. I will not fault someone who wasn't convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Ms. Arias deserves the death penalty.

But these arent the trial jurors, these are just the sentencing phase jurors who didnt see the whole trial, even if they feel like they did. I am so glad I didnt jump on the "Oh this jury is doing so great bandwagon" Im not satisfied unless they give the DP...Seriously this woman is evil, if she were a man he would be sent to death already....Im sick of women getting off easy just because they are women. It was determined to be premeditated murder and overly cruel in nature...what else does a person need? We even have pics.

Remember the look on Juan's face when the last jury hung in the penalty phase? Gosh I hope he doesn't have to feel that again.

She won't Rose. Most are all like her.

I've been thinking about this. There has to be someone there who is more evil than this murderer, someone who's been there for a very long time, someone who is there for LWOP, I just don't think the murderer will have an easy time in prison. There will be someone there she won't be able to charm.

so, she's smiling again! Smiling she gets to spend the rest of her life in a cell as a convicted murderer!!!! See how messed up her mind is...

She is smiling because she is happy that she has once again defeated the Alexander's since they wanted the DP. She thinks she's winning. I really hope they come back unanimous and vote DP but I doubt it at this point. :sick::sick:

I know I'm asking for a miracle but I WISH they would now come back soon with the DP so we could watch that smile turn into ugly cry face. THAT would be justice. But of course I am dreaming, right?

@BettyDavisEyes...tell me please where is the reasonable doubt? She killed him in 3 ways not just one AND she admitted to it AND there was evidence that tied her to the crime AND she drove 1,000 miles to kill him....where is the reasonable doubt?

the autopsy pics and the fact that she drove 1000 miles, I think would be enough for me to give the DP and the fact that she went to see her new love interest after the brutal murder. I guess some people believed the abuse stuff. I guess you never know how you would feel handing down a DP verdict if you have never experienced it before.

When jurors are considered "death qualified" to serve on a jury that CAN render the death penalty, they have not yet seen evidence, heard testimony, etc. Their ultimate decision is based on what transpires during the trial. I'm certain that all 12 jurors (plus alternates) were open and honest about being able to vote for death IF - and only IF - the evidence presented during the trial warranted the DP. I will not fault someone who wasn't convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Ms. Arias deserves the death penalty.

With a case this heinous if someone didn't feel the crime warranted the DP, I would truly wonder what their personal thoughts on the DP were. In their minds, who deserves it? I have a friend who believes in the DP conditionally… she would only ever feel it was warranted if the victim was someone she loved. In her world view, kill the neighbor, eh, you get life in prison, but kill my loved one, you are put to death. Its very frustrating because she forgets that all the victims that aren't her loved ones are still someone's loved ones. We can't possibly have someone like this on the jury, right? There can't be more than one person with this narrow thought process, right??

Well I'm not giving up, I still think this jury can come back with a Death Penalty Verdict.

I just hope and pray those for the DP can help guide those on that balance beam. C'mon jurors walk them thru it as long as it takes.

They will consider her a hero for slashing TA in a million pieces. The poor abused JA that TOOK care of her abuser. If she killed a child that would be a different story. jmo.
Yes, and JA will be thrilled every day that Travis' family was once again hurt to the core with no DP being issued.

What did she win? In reality everyone knows no one is taking her life. After this she is going to PRISON. not jail. It will be different and it will sink in that that is that. She will never ever ever get out.

I guess we will just have to disagree. She will adapt, and make a life in prison. Given these two options as the only choice, she won. Not to mention, she more than likely feels that she may still have a chance at getting out, someday.

It is difficult to get 12 people to agree on a restaurant so how can we believe in the jury system?

Other jurors do it day in and day out all across our country when meting out punishment.

The problem with this case is biases. The defendant is a white female and her victim is a male which usually ends in the jury giving the female life or hanging. Never mind that the crime is just as heinous or moreso as when they were committed by males who are on death row. I don't think we will ever see gender equality in our justice system.

If this had been a male defendant the penalty of death verdict would have already been back.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member