VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way, Jodi goes into Perryville alive and comes out dead.

Psychopaths are resilient, capable of adapting (often called chameleons) and their utmost interest is self-preservation. She isn't going to confront a potential threat. She loves using her passive-aggressive manipulator instead. She's a lot more likely to befriend and manipulate them and use a potential threat to her advantage. But I also expected her to allocute so it's totally possible she'll surprise me again.

JMO

There are many just like her already there. Lots of psychopaths. Let them make each other miserable.

Jodi IS a hardened criminal. Do you think she is afraid of those at Perryville? Jodi single handedly stabbed a man 29 times, once in the chest, slit his throat and shot him. Do you REALLY think she is concerned about anyone at Perryville? She isn't some sick little mousy girl. She can take on anyone. I would shoot her on sight. Ask questions later.

Yes, I do think she is. She can not take on anyone. She got Travis at a bad moment that she orchestrated and lost it on him.. However in jail she won't have 2 knives and a gun to keep people from attacking her. She will get her butt whooped by anyone she attempts to go after. She is a monster when she has a plan and a blind spot. In prison she is new meat. She is a mousy little nothing of a girl.

Recap, jury was given the instruction to continue deliberating. The instruction you give if jury says at impasse on decision. They left to go delberate and now apparently we are recessed again.

So does that mean the jury goes home now, after JSS just told them to go deliberate???
WTF????

If I hear the guy on the live feed say how attractive or what a beautiful woman CMJA is one more time, I may actually throw up

A person can BELIEVE that they believe in the DP, and say so, but may have a problem enforcing it by a vote as a juror, that is, being personally responsible for the upcoming death of an inmate. JMO

I think anyone who has been summoned to be on a death penalty case should already know the answer beforehand whether they could implement the death penalty when warranted. I don't think it is right to say they can be a death qualified juror and then in deliberations waffle on exacting out that punishment. That is nothing more than a stealth juror. People know even before going in to decide the case whether they can uphold their oath or not.

Either one is going to uphold their oath or they aren't. It looks like we have some here that aren't going to do as they said they would do if the evidence showed the DP was warranted. And if there ever was a case backed up with evidence and horrific aggravators that far outweigh the mitigating factors this IS the case.

When I was asked as a potential juror could I sentence the defendant to death if the evidence supported that punishment I was totally honest when I said 'yes.' I would never waste the courts time/money and decide it in the deliberation room.

I am worried about all of them. They all are in such a very fragile state of mind. The torture JA has put them though has gone on for years now but ITA, it is Steven I worry about the most.

God bless help this family who has been made to suffer their own kind of never ending hell by the murderer who took their brother from them.

imo
I wish Stephen had gotten counseling. It took me two years of it, but it really helped. I couldn't even darken my door way. I was afraid of being shot. Funny how your mind operates when it's under stress. :(

Jodi IS a hardened criminal. Do you think she is afraid of those at Perryville? Jodi single handedly stabbed a man 29 times, once in the chest, slit his throat and shot him. Do you REALLY think she is concerned about anyone at Perryville? She isn't some sick little mousy girl. She can take on anyone. I would shoot her on sight. Ask questions later.

I agree, anyone who can kill like she did, and plot the way she does ... Is NO scared wallflower.

Great pictures on sidebar from today in court. I don't know how to bring them over. But, the pics speak a 1000 words of what is happening imo.

I agree. Death, she'll spin as she's the victim. Life, she'll see as a victory that the jury believed her. As we've already seen, any little crumb fed to Jodi's narcissism only makes her want more special treatment.

But, remember how pi**ed she got with Nurmi because he was not constantly holding her hand. No more visiting lawyers, etc. at all to hold her hands [Wilmot/Maria/shrinks]. I think this next year is going to be very hard on JA, she can sing her lungs out, but there will be no hand holding anymore. She will be on her own.

I'm wishing the victim impact statements had been given in February instead of December

Yeah. IMO, this was the DT's strategy all along--juror attrition, expert fatigue, Arias fatigue, drag out the irrelevant testimony so they forget the actual crime against the primary victim and the effect it had on all the secondary victims.

From Tingle:

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 4m4 minutes ago

#JodiArias and team look at jury as new instructions are read by Judge Sherry Stephens during the sent retrial Tues

B_NByoMVEAAMBj2.jpg

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 2m2 minutes ago

#JodiArias look back at the gallery Tues during the sentencing phase retrial in Phoenix. Jury is out deliberating

B_NCDTFUwAAYxrN.jpg

B_NClvsU4AEVoLG.jpg
Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 1m1 minute ago

#Convicted murderer #JodiArias watches jury enter courtroom for new instructions from Judge Sherry Stephens Tues

From Kiefer:
Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 3m3 minutes ago

Jodi Arias jury at apparent impasse, keeps deliberating

http://azc.cc/1BEmLgR via @azcentral

Psychopaths are resilient, capable of adapting (often called chameleons) and their utmost interest is self-preservation. She isn't going to confront a potential threat. She loves using her passive-aggressive manipulator instead. She's a lot more likely to befriend and manipulate them and use a potential threat to her advantage. But I also expected her to allocute so it's totally possible she'll surprise me again.

JMO

I agree with you, initially when (and if) she gets into general population she will make friends. However I think because of her personality she will have arguments and disagreements with women when they don't do what she wants. And I think that's where the hiarchy will come in. A "queen bee" type isn't going to just let her come in and take over. She might manipulate a few women, but I think she's going to have clashes with others. And they will already have their girls on their side.

They've deliberated one hour since JSS instructed them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member