VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be back for the Cooper Harris case when it comes up.

I think I will follow Cooper Harris case as well.
Although, I don't know if I will be able to handle it, as my only child just had our first grandchild. A beautiful little baby boy.

RT by Tammy rose 5 & 6 are apparently mitigating factors.

I.M. Important ‏@freelancewoman 10m10 minutes ago

@debbngene They wanted "clarification" on 5&6, were NOT "hung", just asking! JSS cannot give them that, so had to read empasse. #jodiarias

mitigation

5. Arias suffered physical and emotional abuse during her relationship with Travis Alexander.

6. The abusive nature of the relationship caused Arias to suffer extreme emotional stress at the time she killed Alexander

could that be reduced even further with like good behavior etc? IDK Just asking I've heard of people getting out early due to good behavior and things so just wondering.

I have no idea. I've lived in Michigan my entire life where we don't have the DP. This is the first death penalty case I've followed, so this is all new to me. I appreciate information from everyone who is familiar with DP cases.

:goodpost:

FWIW (which isn't much) those who say JSS is another member of the defense team sound as nutty as those on other websites who say the opposite. She has shown no bias. Extreme caution, yes—but hopefully we will be glad when all appeals are slapped down lightning fast.

Because of her extreme caution, she has ended up favoring the defense. They are the ones who will appeal. Extreme caution doesn't mean she's following the letter of the law, as evidenced by the Court of Appeals overturning her decision on Jodi's secret testimony. That is a shining example of her giving into them when she had no legal basis to do so.

My biggest complaint about her is she has no command or control over her courtroom and the proceedings.
This phase should not have lasted 5 months...much of that falls on her.

I read that NURMI was the only person in open court who claimed or spoke of jury being at impasse. That was. Yesterday. The judge nor Juan did not.

The Judge read a modified Allen charge which is/was a clear indication that there was an impasse.

mitigation

5. Arias suffered physical and emotional abuse during her relationship with Travis Alexander.

6. The abusive nature of the relationship caused Arias to suffer extreme emotional stress at the time she killed Alexander

I'm still going for that it was simply question no. 5 and question no. 6 from the jury and had nothing to do with mitigation factors.

Some Tweets:

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom · 27m27 minutes ago

here...waiting...waiting...sigh
#JodiArias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 23m23 minutes ago

Want to be the first to see some of the #JodiArias courtroom drama? Subscribe here.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheChopperrose[/url] …

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 13m13 minutes ago

If the jury comes back deadlocked, we may not be able to air previous testimony until after sentencing. #JodiArias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 10m10 minutes ago

If it's deadlocked, it could take up to 90 days for a sentence. #JodiArias

:gaah:

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 9m9 minutes ago

Judge Stephens just entered court-no lawyers present-#jodiarias #3TVArias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 9m9 minutes ago

Defense could ask for a mitigation hearing before sentencing where #JodiArias' family could speak as well as Alexanders.

:gaah: And ya know, the defense WILL be granted a mit hearing :gaah: !

If the jury votes for life, I would like one of the jurors who did so to tell us the exact words that Jodi said that told them she was remorseful. I never heard any. She mentioned that she wished the event never happened, but that's because she doesn't want to be in prison. Travis was right: "You only cry for yourself."

I feel like if they were allowed to watch the whole first trial on video, and then were the ones who voted they may have been able to come to a good and solid vote but this, this abbreviated weird crazy phase? I think they are confused. If you look at only what they know, At only what they are allowed to know and use, I can see their confusion. I have to say going on that, I probably would vote for life in this case.

I have to agree. I think people are so emotional about this case, and so hateful towards JA, they are just being dramatic about the outcome because they are worried about the worst case scenario.
To me JA was caught, She was convicted, She will spend the rest of her life in prison, NOT JAIL, no matter what comes from the Jury.
I think people are so hateful towards this killer because of how brutally she killed Travis and how she dragged him and his family through the mud for 7 1/2 years. She lied and lied and lied, and accused her victim of being one of the most vile things on earth, a pedophile. She brought all the hatred on herself. :moo:

mitigation

Jodi suffered no extreme emotional stress at the time she killed travis..she went out of her way to be at his home..so she could kill him UGH

Revenge and JUST punishment, you know one that fits the crime are two separate issues IMO. I'd like to see a case study on those who could not dole out a death sentence for one who killed so cruely, was premeditated, drove a thousand miles to do this etc and showed no remorse and we have pics..how they can not find the DP fitting..Cause I dont get it. If it was your family, your child, your brother etc I'm guessing you (Just a general term here) could do a dp..I know I could.

I'm for the DP, always have been. That said, I recognize not every 1st degree murder necessarily requires a DP sentence. And ultimately it's up to the jury to decide. That's the system we have. It doesn't matter what I want, it only matters that the laws based on the U.S. Constitution are followed (along with any state laws). I don't have a strong opinion in this particular case in either direction. As long as the killer is locked away forever... and she will be.

Revenge and JUST punishment, you know one that fits the crime are two separate issues IMO. I'd like to see a case study on those who could not dole out a death sentence for one who killed so cruely, was premeditated, drove a thousand miles to do this etc and showed no remorse and we have pics..how they can not find the DP fitting..Cause I dont get it. If it was your family, your child, your brother etc I'm guessing you (Just a general term here) could do a dp..I know I could.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tweets:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2m2 minutes ago

Judge Stephens has just been doing her morning docket. #jodiarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 2m2 minutes ago  Phoenix, AZ

Still in #jodiarias courtroom but right now the judge is dealing with other cases.

I think people are so hateful towards this killer because of how brutally she killed Travis and how she dragged him and his family through the mud for 7 1/2 years. She lied and lied and lied, and accused her victim of being one of the most vile things on earth, a pedophile. She brought all the hatred on herself. :moo:

I understand the feelings towards JA but I think people have let them spill over to people who don't deserve that and did nothing wrong and are trying to make sure everything goes according to law. People were mad at Juan over his closing, Chris Hughes, The reporters.. People are just letting it all flow and it is not productive or to in any way supportive of who TA was. IMO

WTF is this????

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 3m3 minutes ago

Defense could ask for a mitigation hearing before sentencing where #JodiArias' family could speak as well as Alexanders.

I think it's inaccurate.

From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago

Sandy Arias, Donovan and a few other Arias supporters sit in the courtroom.
Probably have nowhere else to gather. #jodiarias

:gathering: . . . :gaah:

Agreed that if JSS would open her courtroom there would be no confusion. Pisses me off she does everything in secret
BBM - Which is a valid reason for questioning her judgement, on even the most mundane decisions. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7