VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC15 Arizona ‏@abc15 · 3m3 minutes ago
Be the FIRST to know about #JodiArias news. Download #ABC15 Mobile for #Arias push alerts: http://on.abc15.com/1FWbWYv

What's this about a mitigation hearing where ja & her family can speak to the judge? Is it to sway the judge to sentence her to Life with possibility of release instead of natural life? You mean Nurms is going to do a plea for Life w/possibly of release? Isn't that the Judge's decision only? OMG! We'll never be done with ja!!!!!!!!

But what is JSS's record in sentencing? That's what needs to be looked at. JSS has made decisions that will ultimately block Arias' case from being overturned. She made decisions that went far beyond what she needed to, but if (or when) Arias' appeal is blocked then people will be glad for it.

Why is it imagined that Perryville prison cannot handle a dangerous inmate? What specific policies do they have in place that give credence to this fear?

It's just the fact that the prison has the discretion to put her in lower security facilities and allow her to have a paying job where she has the ability and freedom to harm other people. Jodi has already broken jail rules I imagine prison will be no different

I'll follow the trial of Joyce Garrard next. This occured in the town where I grew up. Can't believe a grandmother would make her granddaughter run until she collapsed and died. My brother wnet to school with and played sports with the defense atty. I'm gonna try and go down and visit my family and hopefully attend a day of trial.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orced-to-run/page11&highlight=Savannah+Hardin

http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/story/18af2b5f48ed458e9c6ad42fe0eaeb76/US--Run-To-Death/

Tweets:

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 2m2 minutes ago

Judge Stephens dealing with other matters as #jodiarias jurors continue to grapple with life or death #3TVArias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 53s54 seconds ago

Judge just left courtroom again #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 42s43 seconds ago

Steven Alexander just came out of the courtroom with victim advocate.

Several reporters follow. Nothing going on in there. #jodiarias

It's just the fact that the prison has the discretion to put her in lower security facilities and allow her to have a paying job where she has the ability and freedom to harm other people. Jodi has already broken jail rules I imagine prison will be no different

Discretion doesn't mean guarantee. If she behaves herself then she could get the opportunity to work. And if she causes trouble she just as easily could end up in AgSeg.

1:15 minutes in deliberations already. Anyone still think before lunch like Hayden predicted?

I'm just not a believer in the DP. Hubby is, and I support his beliefs 100%. Everyone is different. I would like to see his siblings get what they want. I'm just not sure what Travis would have wanted. Don't throw tomatoes, I'm just sharing my opinion. :)

1:15 minutes in deliberations already. Anyone still think before lunch like Hayden predicted?

I don't think anything more with this jury.. They are doing their best and I think they will work until they really feel that they have reached the very end.

Tweets:

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 2m2 minutes ago

Judge Stephens dealing with other matters as #jodiarias jurors continue to grapple with life or death #3TVArias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 53s54 seconds ago

Judge just left courtroom again #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 42s43 seconds ago

Steven Alexander just came out of the courtroom with victim advocate.

Several reporters follow. Nothing going on in there. #jodiarias

I wish the reporters would just leave Stephen alone, even the rest of the family. Quit following them, let them have their space. If and when they want to talk to you, they will, until then ....Back Off!

Revenge and JUST punishment, you know one that fits the crime are two separate issues IMO. I'd like to see a case study on those who could not dole out a death sentence for one who killed so cruely, was premeditated, drove a thousand miles to do this etc and showed no remorse and we have pics..how they can not find the DP fitting..Cause I dont get it. If it was your family, your child, your brother etc I'm guessing you (Just a general term here) could do a dp..I know I could.

I'll be honest. Could I give the DP if I were in a similar situation as these jurors? I'd like to say yes but I'm honestly not sure. I'd hope I would, were it warranted, I just can't swear to all of you 100% that I can know exactly what I'd do until after I lived that moment. I hope I never do, from any side. Juror, family of victim or family of the accused.

I do not envy the jurors. I do not blame the Judge. All his many detractors aside (I am one), Mr Nurmi may have done his job and done it well, in spite of his client.

There is a lot of misinformation floating around--including that jurors had questions on mitigators #5 and #6. Had that been the case, the Judge would not have read the modified Allen charge; Nurmi wouldn't have called for yet another mistrial and the prosecution would not have agreed to the reading of the modified Allen charge.

As I understand it, #5 and #6 had nothing whatever to do with mitigators. They were simply the fifth and 6th questions the jury asked. Questions #1-#4 were asked last week when the jurors wanted to know stuff like whether they could have a working lunch, a list of exhibits, one juror to swap with another, and could they look at their notes alone and quietly.

If the jury does decide DP, can JSS say, "nah, I'm going to sentence her to LWOP". Or is their death sentence binding?

Their decision is binding, and JSS wouldn't do that anyway, she's pro-DP.

Yep and yep. I think the dramatics come from the level of emotion & hatred that has been shared and egged on to a fever pitch. It's not about ensuring free society is safe, it's all about vengeance. Arias seems to represent something far beyond her crime for some people. If I were a psychology student I would use this case and the reactions around it as a subject for a paper.

I have not really followed the minutiae of this case and this is the first time I've been in any JA threads and with a working background in criminology and law, she certainly qualifies for the DP and just in my opinion there is nothing wrong in this case with her being put to death. Retribution is a perfectly acceptable goal. It is a matter of justice by paying for her crime an eye for an eye as it were, go ahead and call it vengeance because that fits and I don't see that as a negative nor am I bothered.

venge·ance

/ˈvenjəns/
noun
noun: vengeance

punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong.

synonyms: revenge, retribution, retaliation, payback, requital, reprisal, satisfaction, an eye for an eye (and a tooth for a tooth)

I wonder if her bodybag is issued to her at inception...

In Canada all inmates (but it usually falls on their family) must pay 75$ for their body bag. It is labelled for them and stored in case it's needed and we don't have either the DP or LWOP. A neighbor of mine had to had to buy one for her grandson.

@producerduffy: The #JodiArias jury has been deliberating for approximately 22 hours right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member