VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing some reading on Perryville last night and the place sounds horrible, even for the best inmates in the lowest security. The Lumley yard will be hell for the convict. I doubt she'll ever make it out of max security; she is far too defiant.

Someone referred to the book, Slumber Party From Hell, written by a woman who was in Perryville for seven years. I downloaded it to read about conditions in the prison, not the inmates. It does sound horrible and HOT. Think about a tiny concrete and steel cell in the middle of a dirt field when it's 117 degrees outside, with no air conditioning. That alone would kill me.

I'll follow the trial of Joyce Garrard next. This occured in the town where I grew up. Can't believe a grandmother would make her granddaughter run until she collapsed and died. My brother wnet to school with and played sports with the defense atty. I'm gonna try and go down and visit my family and hopefully attend a day of trial.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orced-to-run/page11&highlight=Savannah+Hardin

http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/story/18af2b5f48ed458e9c6ad42fe0eaeb76/US--Run-To-Death/
Hi friend! I was also thinking about attending this trial.

Oh that canadian woman that killed her boyfriend and drown their kid after tormenting his parents and stalking him before murdering. What 15 years ago or so? Now is released and married with more kids? Documentary Zachary made me cry for an hour.

http://www.dearzachary.com/

That story/movie really got to me, too.

I was doing some reading on Perryville last night and the place sounds horrible, even for the best inmates in the lowest security. The Lumley yard will be hell for the convict. I doubt she'll ever make it out of max security; she is far too defiant.

I predict JA will morph into model prisoner mode and collect all the "good behavior" rewards available ... as long as she's alone in a cell. But if forced at some point to share a confined space with someone else, I see major acting-out by her. Maybe the reason she and Daryl had their own bedrooms is because she's unable to act "normal" very long with someone else nearby. Whoever "Rachel" is, I wish we'd heard from her what living with JA was like.

2 hours and no smoke/cooling off break? They've been pretty consistent with their break patterns.

Unless like yesterday, when they left they went out another way. No one saw them leave. Then the tweets came they were gone. Could be they are doing their breaks this way today.
With so many hanging out in the hall, they just might finally had enough of all eyes on them everytime they decided to stretch.

From Troy:
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 5m5 minutes ago

While we're waiting:

My tour of the actual prison cell waiting for #jodiarias.

Life or death. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzjLW3lNwJM …

-----JMO but I expect Troy to have another interview lined up with the killer as soon as this verdict is given :gaah:

:) And you can "mark my words" ... lol !

well...guess its time to mosey along. Between the continuing crock pot fascination and being told how ignorant one must be not to see how brilliant Sherry is....and how it's hateful revenge to hope Jodi receives the DP.....oh! and how distasteful it is to despise Jodi....not for me.

no no no, don't go. Stay.

I am going to :couch: before I respond ... :couch: again:

JMO but YES, I do believe she will get LWP -- 7 years served -- out in 18 :gaah: !

Again ... JMO and a big :moo: :moo: :moo:
Jodi will be 35 in July. If she were given LWP with time-served, she could be out of prison at age 53. Plenty of living left for Ms. Jodi and plenty of time to kill again :eek:
Stop panicking. No way will JSS give Jodi LWP!!! You can mark my words on that! She's not on her side.She knows exactly what this killer is capable of and has seen evidence that even we haven't. Have faith.:chillout::chillpill:

As I understand it, #5 and #6 had nothing whatever to do with mitigators. They were simply the fifth and 6th questions the jury asked. Questions #1-#4 were asked last week when the jurors wanted to know stuff like whether they could have a working lunch, a list of exhibits, one juror to swap with another, and could they look at their notes alone and quietly.

We seem to be in agreement--hence my use of "misinformation" with respect to yesterday being about mitigators.

I personally like Judge Stephens. I just think she let the defense get by with too much, most of it lies, and that had to influence the jury. I don't think she had any idea that Nurmi would bring in so much slime. I don't think many judges have had to put up with defendants as evil and as manipulative as Jodi who have an innocent look but deep-down are monsters. Most defendants that are really evil are recognized as being so early on in their trials by the way they look and act. They really were abused or had really rough lives growing up. They're rough-looking. Jodi started out during the first trial talking in this sweet schoolgirl voice, looking all innocent. She was made to look like a plain-looking little girl, with her chair lowered, her hair with bangs, and glasses.

I will not blame Judge Stephens (I hope.) if the jury comes back with life. She was just trying too hard so there would be fewer issues for appeals.

hahaha after my last post here I see this tweet :

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 22s22 seconds ago
5 jurors walk out for a break. #jodiarias

Jurors are on BREAK !

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 1m1 minute ago

5 #JodiArias jurors take break.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 1m1 minute ago

A group of five #jodiarias jurors just walked out of deliberation room taking a break.

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 50s50 seconds ago

5 jurors just walked out of deliberation room #jodiarias #TravisAlexander #abc15

Five jurors on break #jodiarias

Well, I am still for the DP for Arias but I have to agree with Madeleine74. There are things being said on here and other sites that sound much more like vengeance than justice. Things like she should be butchered like TA was, wanting to see her beat to death in prison, etc. It is uncomfortable when I see things like that because those types of statements are ones that anti-death advocates use to say DP people are just spiteful. I want justice, but I don't want a lynch mob.
It's just people letting off steam. Everyone knows whatever will be will be but it's been two years that we've watched this defendant flaunt her 'rights' to the hilt in the most vile way imaginable. Just letting off steam.

I totally understand people not being for the DP. What I do have a hard time understanding is people that ARE for the DP but don't believe Jodi should get it. I don't believe every crime deserves the DP either but I feel very strongly this one does. The murder itself and the things she did after the murder for 7 years.

But like I said yesterday, while it shocks me, I guess that's why there was a hung jury then and possibly now. No matter how shocking it may be to me, some have a different opinion.

ETA: I also wanted to add that even though I feel she should get DP, I'm not as worried as some are about her getting LWOP because I don't think it will be Party Central for her. She's good but she's not that good. There are bigger and meaner women in there that won't put up with her. She will have to manipulate and watch her back 24/7 for the rest of her life. That won't be fun for her, no matter how much she thinks she will have "won".

I agree, I am pro DP but I also would not give the DP in a lot of cases..Lets say someone came home and found their spouse cheating on them...they killed them in a heat of rage..As bad as it is, I understand that and would not give the dp on that...thats just one example I'm sure I could think of tons of them..But this one is not the case, this was a very calculated, premeditated drive a million miles, get a rental car, make the man suffer type of crime..oh and dont forget the no remorse and the make him seem like a perv that deserved to be killed ? ..one that clearly in my book deserves the DP. Pretty much a no brainer IMO....the only break I give this jury really is that they were not the original jurors that got to hear the whole trial..Maybe that would make a difference IDK the first jury couldnt agree either. So who knows cause I sure dont understand it at all.

From Hayden:
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 1m1 minute ago

5 #JodiArias jurors just left on break.

Attention Please!

From this point on, could we please keep the crock pot discussion and food discussion in general to the side bar thread and leave this thread for verdict watch only. Some people are at work and only able to check the thread occasionally and unnecessary talk makes it more difficult for them to follow.

tia
fran
:seeya:

I am ambivalent about the DP but, in this case I would like for her to get it just because, if she doesn't, she will think she has won a great victory and I don't want her to have that good feeling.

Also, maybe the jurors are using another exit for breaks today because of having to walk past media and families?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cav4queen