VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn all this secrecy, I mean FFS how did we GET HERE, seriously here we are in place in a US courtroom where we can't know what is happening in the trial of a common murderer. Just makes me sick and livid.......

Agree!

AZL... Can JSS be reprimanded for her decisions regarding all of secrecy?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 47s47 seconds ago
Something happening in closed session/in chambers. The Alexander family is victim room. Likely 1-2 reps with attys. #jodiarias

I recall AZLawyer saying that if the judge had to be the one to impose a sentence, that she would need info from the Alexanders regarding monies from the victim's fund (to cover the cost of the funeral for example). Perhaps that is what is going on? AZL?

There is a civil docket for Jodi @ Maricopa Superior Court but it's not available to read online though.

CV2014-008356 Arias, Jodi - DOB: N/A

Not all documents are posted to this website. Public records that are not available online are available from Clerk of the Superior Court locations throughout Maricopa County. Use of this website, its content, and its information is subject to Arizona Supreme Court Rule 123.

Just a fyi.

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa....ults.asp?lastName=arias&FirstName=jodi&bName=

I recall AZLawyer saying that if the judge had to be the one to impose a sentence, that she would need info from the Alexanders regarding monies from the victim's fund (to cover the cost of the funeral for example). Perhaps that is what is going on? AZL?

Oh good point... Only thing that has been suggested that makes any sense.

Hmm...IF they are addressing this right now that would suggest that JSS is considering imposing a sentence immediately wouldn't it? AZL, would love to hear your thoughts.

This has been going on for so long they may be dealing with some sort of statute of limitations to bring suit or something and don't want the date to get by them. Who knows ...

That's what I'm thinking too Koshka.

I wonder if there is some provision to reimburse the Alexanders for loss of earnings etc through this saga?

In closing Nurmi said the bishop lied for Travis at trial. I'd love the civil attorney to be representing the bishop and the Alexanders.

The Bishop already had his own attorney IIRC.

All the stuff that was deemed inadmissible for whatever reasons

That's what I'm asking--I honestly can't think of anything that was kept out.

Agree!

AZL... Can JSS be reprimanded for her decisions regarding all of secrecy?

Yes, if the AZ Judicial Commission cared about such things. So no IMO.

Seems odd. I would think JSS would just set up a separate hearing for that.

"You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you. You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you. You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you. You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you."

:floorlaugh: Or how about What About Bob ? "I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful." "I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful." "I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful." :giggle:

HLN said they are taking about how the Alexanders should act with the verdict. I really don't think so but per HLN.
I sure hope not.

Let's just hope if JSS does have to impose a sentence she does it TODAY. That's the one thing I'd hope she could do after this fiasco of a trial. If she really wanted to make me happy, she'd give Jodi a piece of her mind.

Damn all this secrecy, I mean FFS how did we GET HERE, seriously here we are in a place in a US courtroom where we can't know what is happening in the trial of a common murderer. Just makes me sick and livid.......

That's exactly what I said a few pages back. The secrecy bothers me more than anything. It just shouldn't be allowed.
I'm at the point that if they are hung, fine, they're hung. Send them home. They tried, they really did try. Let the judge ship her off with LWOP. Either way, let's just bloody put this to rest. If we all feel this emotionally exhausted, imagine the family. Then we all wonder why Steven looks so sad and broken? Enough of the secret circus. I am so over it.

HLN is reporting now that the victim's family and all attorneys meeting with Judge as we speak. I believe a decision has been made.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member