VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis and Mormonism were on trial. Since Travis was a deeply-religious person, everything he did was scrutinized. I think Jodi is an atheist. For those of us who have kept up with this trial, just reading comments such as Jodi saying " Heavenly Father will be disappointed in what you have done" (I just made up the saying.) or her walking around reading the Book of Mormon aloud at the home of Sky and Chris Hughes sound insane to me when we know she has no interest in religion.

I feel that all the lies that JSS allowed Nurmi to put in greatly changed the jury's opinion. I think this jury would have charged her with self-defense or a lack of control of her actions because of BPD if they were in charge of giving a guilt sentence. Everybody knows darn well that Nurmi and Wilmott and their experts knew that they were spewing lies, just as Baez did in the CA trial.

If JSS had not allowed the character assassination of Travis Alexander, I might feel different. But Travis's reputation has been tarnished forever. He can't get that back. Right now, I hate our so-called system of justice. Jodi, throughout her life, has always been a leech, depending on others for her every want and need. She worked as a waitress only to be around men so she could find a new man to rely on. Travis worked hard to better his life. He came from a very bad childhood and ended up having a successful career, lots of friends, a nice home, etc. He gave motivational speeches to tell everyone else that, no matter where you started, you didn't have to end up with that same kind of life because "you are special." He helped the homeless; he let friends who traveled to Mesa use his master bedroom while he slept in his study; he even told Jodi that if she didn't have money, to take anything she wanted from his refrigerator. I wish he had never gotten caught in Jodi's web, but Travis Alexander was a great person.

From Kiefer:
Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 11s11 seconds ago

Waiting for a verdict or a hung jury in #jodiarias with the hacks in the hall.

:gaah: "hacks" . . . and that is all I will say :silenced:

Been a long time since I posted! Can't help but feel there are 1 or 2 hold outs against DP. If the majority can hang in there and keep plugging away, maybe the hold outs will get angry and STOP deliberating and can be replaced by alternate(s). Jurors must participate in deliberation or they can/will be removed. It's a stretch...but possible. Hoping this happens, otherwise I think we are looking at a hung jury.

From Kiefer:

He needs to crawl back under the rock he came from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago

We are in the courtroom because...why not #jodiarias #3tvarias

Of course a juror can decide against the death penalty if they don't feel it is warranted....for whatever reason. But, that wasn't my question. Lying to get on a DP case jury in order to hang that jury is what I'm wondering.

~~ For Travis ~~

10527504_789630597779751_3501642004556341342_n.jpg
10527504_789630597779751_3501642004556341342_n.jpg

Link:https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Tr...0.1425487134./789630597779751/?type=3&theater

From Kiefer:

Such a noble sacrifice, who needs their integrity anyway. It doesn't serve.

Travis and Mormonism were on trial. Since Travis was a deeply-religious person, everything he did was scrutinized. I think Jodi is an atheist. For those of us who have kept up with this trial, just reading comments such as Jodi saying " Heavenly Father will be disappointed in what you have done" (I just made up the saying.) or her walking around reading the Book of Mormon aloud at the home of Sky and Chris Hughes sound insane to me when we know she has no interest in religion.

I feel that all the lies that JSS allowed Nurmi to put in greatly changed the jury's opinion. I think this jury would have charged her with self-defense or a lack of control of her actions because of BPD if they were in charge of giving a guilt sentence. Everybody knows darn well that Nurmi and Wilmott and their experts knew that they were spewing lies, just as Baez did in the CA trial.

If JSS had not allowed the character assassination of Travis Alexander, I might feel different. But Travis's reputation has been tarnished forever. He can't get that back. Right now, I hate our so-called system of justice. Jodi, throughout her life, has always been a leech, depending on others for her every want and need. She worked as a waitress only to be around men so she could find a new man to rely on. Travis worked hard to better his life. He came from a very bad childhood and ended up having a successful career, lots of friends, a nice home, etc. He gave motivational speeches to tell everyone else that, no matter where you started, you didn't have to end up with that same kind of life because "you are special." He helped the homeless; he let friends who traveled to Mesa use his master bedroom while he slept in his study; he even told Jodi that if she didn't have money, to take anything she wanted from his refrigerator. I wish he had never gotten caught in Jodi's web, but Travis Alexander was a great person.

I feel that this judge bombed this trial on purpose, and this phase pretty much proved it. I thought here where I live the legal system is bad but no where what this is in AZ.

From Troy Hayden:
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 1m1 minute ago

Sitting inside the #jodiarias courtroom right now.

A few Jodi supporters here.

No family members from either side.

No attorneys.

Letting journalist get settled in the courtroom first thing? I feel no 1 hour warning coming as Jeff Gold alluded to.

From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago

1 journalist walks into the courtroom,

Donovan follows,that causes all of us to come in.

Then Sandy Arias comes in.

Nothing is happening. :)

Yes, I stop over there and take a look regularly.

It will be interesting to have some questions answered there as well.

Chase wasn't actually the suspect I had in mind so I'd like to hear what evidence they have. Should be a good one!

Just briefly looked at the bobo case. That is a total mess i don't think i can watch another case like arias for awhile

From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 23s23 seconds ago

Judge Stephens is on the bench handling other matters.

No other defendants here.

Just some atty's milling about #jodiarias

I have been looking around to find stats on what percentage of juries that were deadlocked and given the Allen Charge were able to come to a unanimous verdict--I am not having much luck. However, in my search I found this Florida Bar article on the Allen Charge being given and the potential for successful appeal. For those interested here is the link http://www.floridabar.org/divcom/jn/jnjournal01.nsf/Author/21AC5A6D2909065085256ADB005D62F6

After reading this, should the jury tell JSS that they are still deadlocked she needs to accept that and declare a hung jury. Nurmi has clearly anticipated the potential for yet another appeal issue as it relates to the Allen Charge UGH.

At the end of the day, if this jury hangs, the world and JA will know that some jurors believed, and refused to yield otherwise, that she deserved to die for her crime. And I hope to hear from these jurors in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamert.ellie