VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've probably had that ready for two years.

That would be the EFFICIENT way to handle it, but this is JSS we are talking about here. I have no faith in her doing anything in an efficient or expeditious manner, unfortunately.

From MW:

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 35s36 seconds ago

Some 45 minutes behind locked doors-public and media on outside waiting to get in-intrigue & anticipation high #jodiarias #3tvarias

:seeya: It's not the first time they were locked out: the Arias family was NOT allowed in the courtroom when Jodi gave her super duper secret testimony.
The Alexander Family was allowed to be in the courtroom, as they are the VICTIMS !

I thought the family was allowed, but chose to not be in there??

while we wait

I think Joey from hln is so cute..

I want him to be my leading man in my 50 shades of grey fantasies lol

just sayin

He's accepting friends request on FB. He's a sweetie. :)

Wait? Im watching Joey on HLN and I havent heard that

Okay im REALLY getting mad. If JSS announces the verdict in a court sealed proceeding.. thats it for me
She isn't. She'll determine if there is one. it will be read publicly.

Evidence is never excluded because it paints a defendant in a poor light. Never.

Why do we think the headstand, laughing, singing was kept out as prejudicial? In fact, how do we know it was kept out at all? As far as I know, JM showed large parts of the video and we were never told which parts exactly.

Assuming those things were not shown to the jury: As to the headstand, I would imagine that if JM only played parts of the video he would have left that part out as he would know it was irrelevant (not prejudicial, but just irrelevant). As to the laughing and singing, I would think JM would have been able to play that part to show conduct inconsistent with remorse. But how do we know he even asked to play that part?? If I were him, I might have decided not to show any "strange" behavior on the ground that it could reinforce the "mental illness" mitigator. Perhaps he decided to show only the parts of the video that show Jodi as a totally rational, cold liar.

Maybe you're right. But I thought I read in the guilt phase the head stand was too prejudicial

Gotta be a hung jury to need all this security. I almost cant watch.

Evidence is never excluded because it paints a defendant in a poor light. Never.

Why do we think the headstand, laughing, singing was kept out as prejudicial? In fact, how do we know it was kept out at all? As far as I know, JM showed large parts of the video and we were never told which parts exactly.

Assuming those things were not shown to the jury: As to the headstand, I would imagine that if JM only played parts of the video he would have left that part out as he would know it was irrelevant (not prejudicial, but just irrelevant). As to the laughing and singing, I would think JM would have been able to play that part to show conduct inconsistent with remorse. But how do we know he even asked to play that part?? If I were him, I might have decided not to show any "strange" behavior on the ground that it could reinforce the "mental illness" mitigator. Perhaps he decided to show only the parts of the video that show Jodi as a totally rational, cold liar.
But... she kept out the Magic Panties as too prejudicial.

For some reason I think she's getting the DP, and I feel that very strongly.
legal experts yesterday said agreement on sentencing after an Allen statement is very unlikely. I would love for you to be correct, I'm a numbers / statistics person so I go with probabilities, I can't help it. LOL

For some reason I think she's getting the DP, and I feel that very strongly.

I'm with you. They could have talked for an hour this morning, taken a vote, then announced they were hung. I think they are giving her DP

If the jury right now is telling the judge that they are hung, will the judge now accept that in the secret session and dismiss the jury OR will there be an additional formal proceeding with everyone in the courtroom for the public announcement? TIA

From Hayden:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 21s21 seconds ago

Court security is now beefed up outside #JodiArias courtroom.

JMO -- It must be a Verdict -- JMO !!!!!

If it's a verdict, why this need to sort of warn the family? Is that normal?
Did they hang? :(

Why does it make sense? It's what happened and the jury should be aware, IMO, just like they should be aware of her stashing a gun and knives in her rental car. If they had that info it would make their decision easier. I realize that doesn't have to do with the crime, but IMO, I know it's not the law, but to me, it goes to her state of mind. Shows she had no remorse and was planning something otherwise why hide a gun and knives in a rental car and telling your dad your going to Mexico.

EM: Or it could show Jodi as being looney tunes, which speaks to the mitigating factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member