VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another kick in the gut from our CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM.. My new look on life. "Crime does pay".

two thoughts:
for those who think Jodi won. She didn't win. She lost her free anti-DP press, she lost her free anti-DP followers. she lost her matyrhood, she is officially nothing more than a number. an inmate, a convicted murderer. without the DP little Miss Special isn't special anymore.

and
isn't it a tiny bit humorous that the judge who got so much grief and ill will from watchers/followers is now the person we're all looking to to do what we think is right?

Does anyone know how many wanted DP? I wonder if it was as close as before (8-4).

My heart is breaking for the Alexanders. Wonder what the juror breakdown was.

I bet the judge gives her the chance of parole. Ugh.

That family's nightmare will continue until this killer is silenced.

WOW! another 12 people who could not do their job! My heart is breaking for Travis' family! I hope someone on this jury speaks out.

Had hopes for the jury to end this.No such luck.Jody got to live .Sad for the Alexander Family.They are in my prayers.

is on this judge. Juror fatigue was inevitable when you can't manage your courtroom. And the case she allowed the DT to put on was ridiculous. A case of this type requires a tough, firm, fair judge. Which JSS ain't. Actually not saying she's "unfair" in any intentional way. But her lack of resolve and management leads to an unfair result. My heart just breaks for this family. This has just been a horribly managed case all along. It should never have lasted 7 years.

Mistrial! Thanks JSS. Judge not sentencing her for six weeks!!!

Guess judge will give her Life and let her ask for release in 25 years. JMO.

Dont blame jury. This is what they were given.

I feel empty and numb. No way could I even look at the alexanders, they are certainly in as much pain as the day they learned he was murdered.

I am just so so so thankful that the first jury did at least find her guilty on First Degree Felony Murder. I just have to find peace in that.

Nancy Grace is blaming the judge for the hung jury, and I completely agree with her.

I'm sure the family feels the same way- Dave Hall seems to be speaking for them. Incompetent, intimidated Judge.SHAME on her.

I think that they did the best they could and that is that. She will get LWOP and she will live in PRISON for ever. Not jail. PRison.

With a prison cell bigger than those of some of our military?

Yes, I know, not the same thing... I'm just so freaking angry... and we have to trust that this judge will give her no parole.

I don't trust anything when it comes to this.

Is it normal to not do sentencing at this time? What is the reason for delaying it? Not sure if anyone could answer this question, but what could be the reasons why some would not pick the DP? I have seen others get the DP where the case may not be so clear who did the murder and the murder isn't so gruesome. Just curious as to the thought process as to why it was hung twice.

It sounded like JSS was ready to sentence her TODAY. Juan had no objection to it. The defense did. I suppose it is the threat of a winnable appeal that is causing JSS to allow the defense until April 13th for the sentencing. IMO this has gone on long enough. Nothing JA says or does now is going to change JSS's mind (I hope) so she should have denied the wait and sentenced her immediately.

MOO

So, judge said their vote hasn't changed since last Thursday.

I may not like the result, but I still thank the jurors for trying. They didn't just vote and stop talking. Wonder how Jodi really feels knowing some people on both juries wanted her put to death.

This makes the Pinellas 12 look ... well ...

I am sorry but this Sentencing was a "NO Brainer" ...

Jodi was found GUILTY of 1ST Degree PRE-Meditated Murder and the crime was found to be cruel, heinous, etc.

YET these juries could NOT SEE this ?

ONE or MORE of those jurors fell for the defense's LIES !

Disgusted ... Absolutely Disgusted !

:stormingmad::stormingmad::stormingmad:

Lies or not, They had to consider if they were possible AND they did not get to see the whole trial where I believe they see the real arias.

She will fade away after sentencing. No direct appeal. No crazy ANTI dp people taking up her cause. She will just live in a cell and evaporate.

IMO, jurors are not equipped to make life/death decisions, they should only be allowed to recommend a sentence and the judge would be the one to render the final verdict by following the rule of the law as warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upstairsmeow