VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield · 1m1 minute ago
Older Hispanic woman was alleged hold out. Took breaks alone. Had domestic violence in her past. Husband did prison time. #jodiarias

OMG -- definitely a stealth juror, IMO !

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 32s32 seconds ago

11-1 split from what I'm hearing..11 for death #jodiarias #3tvarias

I always thought they would probably hang. Now if the defendant had been a male I would have been positively sure that a death verdict would be rendered. It wouldn't have taken a second retrial either. But knowing how unequal our justice system is based on gender... of not only the defendant. but the gender of the victim this is not shocking to me at all. It is exactly what I expected.

This second sentencing rule in Az. has worked effectively in the past. Out of four sentencing retrials before this one three ended in the death penalty so anyone saying that it was a waste of time is ignoring that it does work. No DA should shrink back because he/she is trying to put a vile female murderer on death row. This case cried out for the DP and that is why it was one. Juan and the DA made the right call.

The problem here is punishment is delved out to females far differently than male defendants.

And because of that Travis did not get the justice he so richly deserved due to the premeditated heinousness of the murderer. Just do research and it shows adult men are not valued nearly as much by jurors in the criminal justice system if their offender is a female. Just like the horrible injustices we see done to a defenseless murdered child or children if their perpetrator happens to be a female. The scales of justice is tipped so far in favor of female defendants its a wonder it doesn't crash over on its side and break all to pieces.

I have prayed about this more than anything. One day I truly would like to see it really be Justice for ALL and for Lady Justice to really be blind by ignoring the gender of both the victim and the murderer and concentrate solely on the acts. As more and more cases come forward committed by females that end in gender favoritism/biases... I feel now I will never see it change in my lifetime. No one knows how that truly breaks my heart. And it makes me ashamed of our justice system.

All I can hope for is it does change no matter how long it takes society to wakeup to the fact that we are placing more value on some victims and less value on other victims based solely on the gender of their perpetrator.:(

To me today was a perfect example of justice being denied to Travis. I am so sorry Travis.:( It shouldn't have ended this way.:heart:

God bless the jurors who stood strong. Who removed gender bias. Who refused to fall for JAs lies. At least some jurors looked strictly at the aggravators vs the mitigation factors and knew they did not outweigh the depraved aggravators.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4m4 minutes ago

I'm heading back into the juror press conference. #TravisAlexander

Troy Hayden is live - he managed to speak to her, says She he told him "I'm sorry for the verdict"- he asked her what she
meant, she replied "I'm sorry d one people were disappointed by the verdict!" At that point she saw their cameras and covered her face with her papers...
Members of the public who were watching her as the verdict was announced said she just smiled, couldn't care less attitude.....

Unfortunately, I doubt the Alexander family will ever see a dime-any more than Ron Goldman's family or Nicole Brown Simpson's did

The Goldman family published a best selling book, got a hold of and full control of OJ's book and then published it themselves, and relentlessly pursued Simpson since the civil judgement to the point where Simpson schemed to get his own memorabilia back and took his band 'o thugs and got himself a nice 'old felony conviction for kidnapping and burglary and use of firearm (9 to 33 yrs in state prison). They did well with the scum they had to work with and did get a few victories in there. That family has hung tough for over 20 years.

Money isn't what any family wants....they want their dead relative back and that can never happen and thus there can never be 'true justice.' The Goldman family wanted life in prison for their son/brother's murderer and they didn't get that and instead he was freed with a huge party.

At least the TA family will see their brother's killer behind bars forever.

It's sick to know that there was only one holdout but it's a relief to know that 11 jurors wanted death. That sends a clear message to Arias.

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield · 1m1 minute ago
Older Hispanic woman was alleged hold out. Took breaks alone. Had domestic violence in her past. Husband did prison time. #jodiarias

so she believed travis abused jodi?!

what a FAIL

Should I sign up again for Beth to view the trial?

Nurmi calls it a "tragedy" and hopes this is closure from all involved.

I heard him call it a tragedy but hoped this victory will provide closure... slimey doesn't even begin...

What a horribly sad, sad day! I have to wonder if there were jurors here that do not believe in the death penalty; and would have never voted for the death penalty. I also believe that a jury would have sentenced a man to death easier than a "woman".

I feel so much for the Alexander family. She not only killed Travis, but she destroyed him in her courthouse antics and words that can never be removed. I still can't believe some of the things that this judge allowed her to say. So very, very sad. :cry:

Now, I really wish - honestly wish - that EVERYONE would ignore Jody. Do NOT give her ANY more attention. Let her truly suffer now as just a girl locked away for the rest of her miserable life. That will never happen, but I could wish. I can and do wish.

I wish I could hug Travis's family. :cry:

I chose not to watch this live. As far as I'm concerned , I'm done. Don't care about her sentencing or anything else about her. Any interviews would be just more lies. The only thing I would want is an alert the day someone takes her out as a trophy and she's truly dead. Then we can all celebrate.

I guess life in prison is now seen as this not-so-bad place to be.

<SMH>

It's the worst sentence one can get in any state or country that doesn't have the DP.

But now it's seen as "getting away with murder?"

Anyone here offer to spend the next 4 decades or so at Perryville since it's not really a punishment?

Im sure you could find some homeless people willing to do it. You know some without tv, without food, shelter etc.

Yea she has it better than some FREE people do. Some Free people cant afford food etc..so in a way, yea its like getting away with murder..depending on how you look at it.

Dang, Nurmi! Even Jose Baez said after CA's acquittal that were no winners as a child was dead. Or something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem