VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports are that it was One Juror since last Thursday

I was sure there was a pro defense juror asking questions and I just knew they'd make it on and hang it all. That's always how it goes.

PER BK: One juror is willing to talk but does not want pictures or video, so audio only.

Not all judges believe in the death penalty either, so for them, it would never be an option. I mean, even in states where they have the death penalty, it isn't mandated in certain cases-this is just the way it works, however unfair it might seem. I do think that this judge should have sentenced CMJA immediately, unless she cannot do so legally. Wonder when we'll know what the jury breakdown for and against DP was?
Then a DP judge would be assigned, when aggravators and cruelty of a crime supercede mitigation factors, it is a no brainer. Or just do away with the DP, waste of time/ resources and taxpayer dollars. Another option is a majority jury decision verdict, IIRC only Florida has this option.

Heart wrenching listening to the Alexander family during the announcement. I hope they can move on with life best as possible and wish I could take some pain from them. One thing I've learned in life is there's legal law and man's law. No telling what the future holds for JA. I'll say no more.

You've got to be joking. God I hope that's not the split. I really really do. And it better not be juror no 1

I didn't watch Jury selection, but I BET those who did, could tell you who the Juror was..........

im guessing the nurse. she was the one always crying coming out of the jury room

I hope we don't hear the jurors talk about how Travis abused Arias. Please no.

that they could not "do their job" shows they did do their job. They deliberated, they discussed, they could not agree so they hung. THey did a jurors job, we just don't like the outcome.

Yeah! I know, you're right. As I've said before, I couldn't care less what happens to the murderer, it just breaks my heart to hear the cries of Travis' family :-( It makes me very angry to know the victims have no rights, no protection. Our justice system is all about protecting the criminals

I know people are disappointed, but Jodi Arias HAS been convicted of 1st degree murder. I think that a hung jury is actually better than if they had decided life as at least now JSS and JA herself knows some of the jury wanted to give her death. I don't agree with JSS handling of this case, I don't believe she gave in so many times to the defence so they would have nothing to appeal about. I think she was just weak and second guessing herself which gave the defence enough confidence to trash TA with no fear of being stopped & actually encouraged them in their frivolous and petty complaints.
The jury should not be trashed at all, even the ones who didn't vote for death. We all have our own inner dialogue and for them the death penalty wasn't justified. Maybe that would be reserved for serial killers or child killers.
The biggest victory has been won, the 1st degree murder conviction. After all in many states the death penalty wouldn't even be on the table at all. I am still happy that this murderess will spend the best years of her life, if not all of it in jail

Wow I just realized they were deadlocked almost immediately. They only deliberated 2 hours weds. And then deadlocked Thursday.

Makes me wonder if there really was a stealth juror!

I've been one of JSS harshest and consistent critics there's no love lost there. I have no doubt in my mind she is going to hand down LWOP.

After 7 years, I just wish the JSS could have said no, I will pass sentence now. Then proceded to speak the truth of what JA has done and what she deserves. Maybe that could have eased some of the pain to the family. And no further delay, that the family has to change their lives and schedules to come to another state, to see this thing thru.

that would mean that the good judge would have done something she hasn't done up to now: take charge of her courtroom. I am so not surprised with this outcome. Even under good circumstances with a good judge, it would be hard for a jury to give a young attractive woman death. In this case you had a runaway trial with a judge who allowed all kinds of tangential crap to come in to the trial--

Fox channel 10 showed the Alexander's walking out of the courtroom and reporters were swarming them. Very uncool. Tanisha and
Samantha were very upset and the press kept trying to get a comment from them. Tanisha was really crying hard and said
that the real justice for Jodi will come in the afterlife when she burns in hell!!!

It was heartbreaking watching this.

Must be the juror who wanted to switch with an alternate. AND hand pick the alternate juror. Sounds like she has the brain of a fifteen yr. old and she never should have been on this jury. I hope Jodi suffers in prison.

William Pitts @william_pitts · 12m 12 minutes ago
That was rough...doesn't seem like anyone except arias and fam liked how that went down. No even the jury. #JodiArias

Kathy Monkman @katiecoolady

I believe that Judge Stephens will sentence her to Life WITHOUT parole then she will be truly locked up and the key thrown away #jodiarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove