Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are moms on this jury. Is there someone who is LE also on this jury? The media keeps saying there are 5 moms. Then they question whether they can be fair given that 5 out of 6 have kids. Both TM and GZ are the children of someone. So IMO, that is kinda a moot point. So glad I am not on this jury. JMO

Makeup of the jury
I see that three of the mothers have children closer to Georges age then Trayvons.

Here's my question - did he tell his employer what he was going to do or did he sneak behind their backs and get in touch with the defense, and the State found out when the defense contacted them?

Now you can be happy he is free to do whatever he wants. And I agree - under the circumstances, as an employee who can't be trusted - he may have difficulty finding another job.

IMO.

<modsnip>
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2013-07-13/story/state-attorney-angela-corey-fires-information-techonology-director-who?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JacksonvillecomNews+%28Jacksonville+Local+News+%E2%80%93+Jacksonville.com+and+The+Florida+Times-Union%29

Interesting:
News reports in February showed that Corey approved about $342,000 in taxpayer dollars to upgrade pensions for herself and de la Rionda. Kruidbos said the investigation might have stemmed from the stories about the pensions.

Where there is smoke, there's fire.

Can't find the exact location without looking through that morning, but she DID tell West that if it were to be excluded ,it would be because of authenticity when they were arguing that evening.

She doesn't care if she gets reversed - she even SAID that - as long as she can pass the buck. She'd rather take a reversal than have the conviction on her watch.

IMO

I'm going to see if I can find the actual ruling. I'm curious now. It would have been yesterday morning, right?

First of all, those who propose theories unfavorable to GZ should *also* be allowed to post their opinions, thoughts and theories, IMO.

Lots of scenarios that GZ's supporters posted were purely conjectural, especially about how TM circled back and "jumped" GZ, ruthlessly slammed his head onto wet concrete, inflicted grievous injuries, etc., in the absence of evidence or eye-witnesses, yet they were well tolerated by the other side.

I was told by several pro-GZ posters that GZ's DNA was not found on GZ's gun, it was bewildering as it would have been impossible, but the unanimous opinion was that DNA was so completely degraded it could not be accepted as evidence. This turned out to be false, as GZ's DNA, even very old DNA dating several months, were found on his gun, but TM's wasn't, which showed GZ lied about TM grabbing his gun.

When Mahouston posted her theory and opinion about gun recoil, I Googled more information for myself, and it appears that recoil depends very much on the gun and the shooter. For example, this and some other videos I've checked out showed *significant* recoil, and would likely inflict some injury if it were shot while held upside down close to one's face.

IMO

Kel-tec PF-9 Recoil Demonstration & Failure to Eject - YouTube

Of course this is only one of many possible theories, but it was important to those of us who *accepted* the evidence that TM's hands and sleeves had shown *no DNA* of GZ, and looking to see if there could be other causes for GZ's injuries.

Sure it was just an opinion, a hypothesis, but it isn't more far fetch than rain degrading GZ DNA on TM's person, not only *selectively* (i.e. they only got degraded and "disappeared" in such a way as to fit GZ's story) but also *completely*, so completely that even exquisitely sensitive PCR methods that could analyze *highly degraded* "cold case" evidence for DNA could not detect it....but of course absence of GZ's DNA on TM, or TM's DNA on GZ's gun, doesn't mean absence to some of GZ's supporters, it simply means it was there but miraculously, inexplicably disappeared.

http://www.nij.gov/topics/forensics/evidence/dna/basics/analyzing.htm

It is disturbing that evidence seems to be bent to fit the story, rather than the other way round, that evidence should tell the story.

IMO:twocents:

Do you know what would happen if the person firing the gun only used one hand? Would the "recoil" be stronger???

Pay no attention - it just depends who you are polling. Our current provincial(read state) just won an election that the polls said they were going to get absolutely crushed in. Over and over the polls said that for weeks.
Won by a clear and I do mean clear margin of votes.

IMO

Exactly...that's what I meant...

That is a huge contrarian indicator to me...

I think they will come back with a guilty verdict...A hung jury is also possible...

It's almost guranteed...IMO

BBM

Could you expound on this? What corruption has there been? I haven't followed this case as closely as some have but haven't heard of 'all the corruption'.
TIA

It is only the defense that is yelling corruption as they fear a manslaughter conviction. And if there is - no doubt there will be appeals

As I type - I have O'Mara's post trial interview on CNN - wow - he's sure giving his case "a soaping"...amazing....and he knows the State can't/won't talk before a verdict.

IMO

Too little, too late. Because of her bias coverage of this trial, I'll NEVER watch her show again. I'll also never again watch Dr. Drew and that hateful <mod snip> woman on his show.

That woman wearing the hat took part of my soul last night with her little speech. I was blown away by her words. Bothered me for hours and hours last night what she said. I actually had to talk it out with my SO to try and work out the various emotions she brought about. What hope is there to get past any kind of race relations problems with attitudes like hers?

Afternoon folks! I thought I'd stop in here and watch the acrimony while waiting on a verdict.

Last night, I believe on one of the station, a guy, i don't who, said something about the jury instructions excluded some kind of information about dealing with i think evidence and how u include or exclude it and it automatically goes to the defendant if excluded. something like that but it was interesting. imo

I don't disagree they should be allowed to post their opinions, but they should be prepared to have their opinions challenged if what is suggested is not in alignment with a realistic situation.

It may be your opinion that the force in that video is enough to inflict some injury. I agree. However, I and several others disgree that it would be enough force to break a nose and slam his head into the ground, which is the assertion I'm contesting.

As for the DNA evidence, I don't proclaim to know anything about DNA so I don't feel I'm qualified to chime in on that with any accuracy. I am, however, very knowledgeable about firearms so I try to dispel any notions that don't necessarily align with factual reality involving such things.

:twocents:

Thank you for the reply, I'm glad to learn of your position, as I remember seeing several posts that specifically requested that Mahouston should refrain from posting about gun recoil in a previous thread. I hope we can all be tolerant about opinions, theories and evidence from both sides.

:seeya::twocents::twocents:

It is only the defense that is yelling corruption as they fear a manslaughter conviction. And if there is - no doubt there will be appeals

As I type - I have O'Mara's post trial interview on CNN - wow - he's sure giving his case "a soaping"...amazing....and he knows the State can't/won't talk before a verdict.

IMO

This case has been politically tainted since Day One. We're not allowed to discuss this further, IIRC.

ETA: the info is out there...

Here's my question - did he tell his employer what he was going to do or did he sneak behind their backs and get in touch with the defense, and the State found out when the defense contacted them?

Now you can be happy he is free to do whatever he wants. And I agree - under the circumstances, as an employee who can't be trusted - he may have difficulty finding another job.

IMO.

State attorney fires IT director after George Zimmerman testimony
Ben Kruidbos testified in Zimmerman hearing

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl...20964368/-/14x2brk/-/index.html#ixzz2Ywzycrta

Last night, I believe on one of the station, a guy, i don't who, said something about the jury instructions excluded some kind of information about dealing with i think evidence and how u include or exclude it and it automatically goes to the defendant if excluded. something like that but it was interesting. imo

He was saying that if you are uncertain of a point of fact you must give weight to the explanation that favors innocence over the explanation that favors guilt. It's normally included, wasn't here.

Do you think police would agree that's what he should have done?

Approach a young man he doesn't recognize and he believes was acting suspiciously, in a neighborhood with a marked crime problem, and ask them to get in his car?

I think LE would say DON'T DO THAT!!

IMHO

"We don't need you to do that..." it was NOT an order but more having to do with safety concerns. If they had told him to follow this young man they might have been looking at a lawsuit if gz was hurt. They never ordered it. moo

Can't find the exact location without looking through that morning, but she DID tell West that if it were to be excluded ,it would be because of authenticity when they were arguing that evening.

She doesn't care if she gets reversed - she even SAID that - as long as she can pass the buck. She'd rather take a reversal than have the acquittal on her watch.

IMO

What people seem to be forgetting when complaining about what gets let in and what doesn't is if the defense opens the door to letting TM's texts etc from the past in - they are also opening the door to the State going back into GZ's past and tracking anything he's posted or texted etc.

As much as the defense protested - they didn't really want that to happen. All decisions by the Judge always have two sides - people forget that.

IMO

IMO.

In January, he used computer software technology to extract photographs and text messages from the source file in Martin’s cellphone. Kruidbos was able to recover more information than the Florida Department of Law Enforcement obtained previously.

GETTING LEGAL ADVICE

Kruidbos said he became concerned that lead prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda might not have turned over Kruidbos’ report to defense attorneys. Kruidbos asked White in April for legal advice and described some contents of his report such as a photo of an African-American hand holding a gun, a photo of a plant resembling marijuana and a text message referring to a gun transaction.

White then contacted one of Zimmerman’s attorneys and learned the defense had not received the report generated by Kruidbos. The defense did receive the source file from the cellphone and used its own experts to extract data.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...techonology-director-who?page=1#ixzz2Yx0KQ3yz

Do you know what would happen if the person firing the gun only used one hand? Would the "recoil" be stronger???

Recoil is a matter of physics and wont change whether the shooter is using one or two hands. In my opinion shooting a 9mm handgun with one hand is perfectly manageable. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay