Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JeannaT
Duly noted. I won't allow myself to be attacked under those circumstances.

IMHO

I'm trying to figure out how one "allows" someone else to attack them. I certainly didn't give consent to my attacker to beat my head against a tile floor. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Remember the days when the used to blame women for being raped? "Well, if she hadn't..." Thankfully it's not quite as bad these days and laws have been changed. It used to be when women sued rapists, the victim's background was fair game in court, but not the attacker's. :sigh:

I do believe our justice system still needs changing. It really bothers me that jurors are expected to decide someone's fate without all the facts. (Not just this case.) Plus, they are expected to decide on certain charges not knowing the punishment for those charges. How is that fair?

The things he said in the Sean Hannity interview make me think GZ is less than human. He said, "It was God's will." He says there is nothing he would do differently if he had it to do all over again. That's disgusting! (IMHO)

Eh, people make too big deal out of this imo. I see it not much worse than the people who praise God for saving their home from a tornado when the next street over people lost their homes. They'll say God is good and such, while surrounded by carnage. God's will gives and takes.

And he really couldn't say he would do it differently for legal reasons, because it could be interpreted as taking blame and have possible have civil legal repercussions.

The things he said in the Sean Hannity interview make me think GZ is less than human. He said, "It was God's will." He says there is nothing he would do differently if he had it to do all over again. That's disgusting! (IMHO)

Zimmerman Says it Was God's Will, No Regret For Trayvon's Death - YouTube

I can understand how it may appear insensitive but there are many people who say that when discussing their own suffering and others' suffering. For a religious person everything is, indeed, God's Will.

janesdean? I would pm you but I don't know how often you check your pm's.
You have a post that may get you into trouble, it's a post that is a 3 or 4? down from Tricia plea not to speak of a certain matter and the reason why.
IMO. and very sorry OT I really want this board to stay open and I enjoy reading opposing views. Post 478 hurry!!

It doesn't seem odd to me. That he waited until the next morning makes sense and doesn't mean he didn't spend the night worried sick. A lot of people make a stink about this. But most people, when someone goes missing, don't report right away unless it's a small child because they want to give the person a chance to call, come home, etc. A lot of people wait until the next day. That Trayvon's called in the morning mere hours after he realized Trayvon was not home says the opposite to me of what it says to a lot of people which is not that he didn't care and just didn't realize Trayvon wasn't home.It says to me that he didn't waste a lot of time after Trayvon went missing to raise the ref flag.

And that's just my opinion dude.
I agree. I find the assumption offensive that a parent is endangering their child because they don't wait up for them to come home. I find the assumption offensive that because a "divorced" child gets into trouble, it's the parents fault because they didn't provide enough structure. What the heck??!! Ya know, I have a son who just graduated with an 8.89 from a one of the top 10 universities in the country. He is also a child of divorced parents and has done some illegal things that don't make either one of us proud. And one night I went to sleep...thinking my son was out with his friends. He was in high school at the time as well. I awoke to a policeman banging on my front door (it was a Sunday morning) asking if my son was home. Well, I didn't really know as I had gone to bed...so you can imagine my fear as I ran to his bedroom. And no, the detective wasn't just doing his job...he had obviously made a very wrong assumption and in the process scared the cr*p out of me. It seems that there was an accident on a road my son took home. He had stopped to make sure that everyone was ok and waited for the police to arrive. The driver of the car had fled. My son also witnessed one of the kids going after one of the officers. The officer actually asked my son if he would write a statement to that effect. Well, why this detective assumed my son was involved in some way (though he never said that...he also wouldn't tell me what had happened)...like my son knew this kid and his whereabouts (the accident took place miles away from our home), is beyond me. My son did the right thing, and I wouldn't have expected him to do otherwise.
I think everyone should be careful not to make assumptions. jmo

PS- Oh, and the Mister-I'm-So-Macho-Detective did apologize afterward...after I had to explain how his behavior frightened me. Huh?

A few troubling tidbits for me about that night, in my quest for understanding the truth of this event:

1. Tracy and Brandi reportedly came home around 10/10:30p that night. They were at dinner in Orlando. (Brandi Green and Chad did an interview with a reporter from Geraldo, this is one of my sources.) You can find it online. How in the world did they not see or hear any of the police activity working on the scene when they came home? From the last defense witness that testified via video, there were cops all over the place that night.

2. Chad had been waiting for Trayvon to come home from 7pm-on. He testified that he spoke to Trayvon on his cell phone while he was out and Trayvon said he was coming home. He never did. Why was Chad not worried? Why did he not express his concern to the parents, or did he? Why didn't they do anything about it?

3. I can't remember my source for this, but I recall Tracy saying that they tried to call Trayvon that night with no answer. They also tried to call the cousin with no answer. They assumed Trayvon was with the cousin, who I guess lived in the area, and went to bed. Why would they just assume? Chad expected him home 4 hours earlier. How is nobody worried?

4. Trayvon wasn't officially considered "missing" until after 9am the next morning, according to the public statements from the family. That is when Tracy spoke to police and they matched him up with the John Doe from the night before.

There are some videos on YouTube that you can check out. I'm not going to link them, but you can look on your own. The day after this happened, both Tracy and Brandi in two separate interviews mention that Trayvon had come home from the store and was on the porch??? I'm paraphrasing a bit, but they both clearly mention him being on the porch. Where did that information come from? Were they there? Was Chad there? I have no clue, but it's weird. That has always perplexed me, as well as quite a few other people who have looked at the early information before everybody lawyered up.

IMO

ODD ODD ODD, meee thinks, thanks for that. Police in my neighborhood, and I would be calling to find out. Son, missing?? Even more so.

Considering that it has been reported that the public may not be made aware of the verdict immediately, (to have time for LE to prepare for any backlash), I think it may be possible that a verdict has already been reached.
I HOPE anyway.
This waiting is so hard for us, I just can't imagine what it is like for either of the families.

Per my daughter who is crime lab person and whose husband is SWAT Broward cnty..30 min wait..It was originally 2 hours..Hope common sense starts and they go back to a 2 hour delay..But PD's have their officers on active duty as plan.

There are people out there who are wanna-be's and are very dangerous to the population. Zimmerman certainly sounds that way to me, but that's just my opinion.

There are lots of people out there that I or you or anyone may think are dangerous to the population. This is not evidence in a court of law.

Your post stating that he admitted questioning Martin is incorrect.

IMHO

I must have misremembered exactly where I heard that, just as you didn't remember GZ admitting to 911 he was following TM

I totally respect your differing views and I don't think any of us have every bit of record memorized.

It's up to the jury now anyhow.

IMO, They did learn as much as possible and they did not like the answer the Sanford police department gave then so then they decided to take their childhood photos of Trayvon to the media and hire Crump three days after this happened in order to get George arrested.

JMO

The answer from Sanford Police? They hadn't even checked his cell records. The lead investigator wanted to charge GZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That also tells you there weren't LE crawling all over the complex as some have claimed. And there certainly wasn't a note or a card on the door asking them to call LE...

That's not what it tells me, at all. There were LE and the coroner crawling all over the place. As well as live news crews and helicopters. I have no idea how Tracy could have missed them if he got home when he says he did. jmo

Also, I wonder why people also find it offensive that Trayvon's family provided a picture of a nice smiling young Trayvon to the media. Isn't that usually what families do? Did people really expect his family to provide a picture of him smoking pot and flashing his middle fingers?

THis is completely my opinion:

I don't think we'll know if he feels remorse until much later. I think his attorneys have purposely told him to give the "I wouldn't change anything" type statements. WHy? Because I think if he admitted that "Yeah maybe I should have stayed in the car." etc it opens that door further for manslaughter because it would be definitive that he could have avoided the incident. Therefore I think that the attorneys had him stick simply with his story of "Nope I was getting an address so I wasn't doing anything wrong so why should I change it."

You make a good point, but on the other hand, his attorneys didn't want him going on Hannity in the first place but he did, and he said that, so there you go.
FWIW.

Here we go again. In your opinion it has nothing to do with this crime - in my opinion it has everything to do with it.

All of GZ statements about what happened were all self serving.

IMO

Let me put it another way, it has nothing to do with the relevant facts in this case. And, yes, it is my opinion, I wouldn't say it otherwise.

I feel like I've learned a lot about the presumption of innocence and reasonable doubt because of this case. I'm glad I've never had to serve on a jury before because I don't think I understood those concepts quite as clearly as I do now.

To GZ, TM was trying to kill him. He probably still believes that to this day. If someone was raping you and you shot and killed them, I'd don't doubt you would feel justified as well.
According to GZ. I don't need to be told what he believes...we've all heard about what he believes. Doesn't change the fact, that I would have liked to have heard him speak from the stand. And, I would never carry a firearm so your scenario doesn't work for me.
And...not everything has to be argued. :)

You make a good point, but on the other hand, his attorneys didn't want him going on Hannity in the first place but he did, and he said that, so there you go.
FWIW.

Which attorneys? O'Mara was sitting there right beside Zimmerman during the interview in which Zimmerman claims that Trayvon was not running after all but was skipping along towards the back gate entrance and that it was "god's will" as to what happened that night.

The cousin part was stated in an interview I read. But it was the next day that Tracy was able to reach the cousin on the phone (he couldn't the night before) and was able to determine that TM was not with the cousin. The night of the incident Tracy and his fiance/girlfriend came in the front entrance of her condo. They were not aware of anything going on around back. Iirc, they got home around 10 or 11pm.

Chad says he stayed up until they got home, which they put at 10:30 to 11:00, but Chad continued to call Trayvon’s phone until 12:23 a.m. Tracy didn’t call Trayvon’s phone until 12:49 am. It sure sounds like Tracy and Brandi didn’t return home until after Chad’s last call, and Tracy made only one call, not several, at 12:49 a.m.

Brandy Greene’s 14 year old son Chad Joseph, (now 15.) Chad talked to Martin at 7:04 pm and was told it was raining and he was on his way home. Chad told investigators on 4/27/12 that he didn’t hear any commotion or shooting because his bedroom was in the front of the house and he was playing games with his headset on. (Page 39 of the 284 page Second Supplemental Discovery.) But look at the phone records: Chad called Martin's phone 9 times beginning 5 minutes after the shooting. Each call went to voice-mail. The times are:

7:22:40
7:46:24
8:36 and again at 8:37
8:45
10:03
10:23
11:42
12:23 am

TM's dad then called at 0049 and then went to bed also.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2013/7/1/92244/82226/crimenews/Trayvon-Martin-s-Cell-Phone-Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV