Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they want to compare between murder 2 and manslaughter. Anyone think we will get a verdict by the end of the night?

Whoa ho ho . . . Vinnie Politan's "opinion" is that they have gotten PAST the 2nd degree charge ...

Oh, I hope he is right ...

MY OPINION !

IMO !

:please: Prayers for George and his Family !!!

I think the jury of six women (five of whom are mothers)can't wrap their minds around "innocent" and will
go with manslaughter.

I originally thought he was guilty, when this happened. I have come to see that he is not and if the jury comes back with anything except NG I will be sick inside. jmo

I read last night that if GZ is convicted of either 2nd degree murder or manslaughter that in the state of Florida he would have to serve his full term with no possibility of parole. All the more reason people in Florida need to be very careful about using their weapons. The penalty is stiff.

Quick question, the jury can only convict him of one or the other right? Not saying they will. They can't find him guilty of both can they? Forgive me if that was an ignorant question. I sometimes see defendants getting convicted of several charges at once so that part always confuses me.

If they started with 2nd degree murder instructions and working their way down..maybe they are looking at manslaughter..will find state didn't prove it either and acquit.

Had to come back before my blood pressure went down!

I sure hope the guy on HLN is right, and they are working their way down the charges. 2nd degree murder, manslaughter, and then not guilty. Saying 2nd degree is off the table. I don't see manslaughter, but they may look at it as a compromise. I'll be very disappointed.

If they are asking for clarification of manslaughter- could that include the time of the manslaughter sentence that they would be asking about, I wonder?

I don't believe time of sentencing is information available to the jury at this point. I don't have a link but I think I remember reading that.

Whoa ho ho . . . Vinnie Politan's "opinion" is that they have gotten PAST the 2nd degree charge ...

MY OPINION !

IMO !

Sounds like they have. It could not be proven.

MY OPINION !

IMO !

I agree with Vinnie. The danger here was always a compromise verdict. jmo

WHAT! They need a 30 minute recess to clarify definition of manslaughter? Why didn't they (attys and judge) already have this spelled out?

wow. he talking head on wftv said not guilty under Murder 2 is automatically, by the letter of the law, not guilty of manslaughter.

if you used self-defense as your defense against Murder 2 and the jury finds him not guilty, then legally he is also not guilty of manslaughter.

very interesting. iMHo

I predict they give him a Manslaughter verdict, but then they will all be angry when they find out they actually gave him 30 yrs in prison. JMO

I think the jury of six women (five of whom are mothers)can't wrap their minds around "innocent" and will
go with manslaughter.

I'm a mother and a grandmother and I agree with MOM. If there were a "completely innocent" box, I'd check it. JMO. OMO. MOO.

If they started with 2nd degree murder instructions and working their way down..maybe they are looking at manslaughter..will find state didn't prove it either and acquit.

I am hoping hoping hoping this is the case.

If he is convicted He will immediately appeal and rightly so, Anybody who's looked at the facts & evidence in this case can see this is neither 2nd degree murder or manslaughter but a clear case of self defense.

JMO

If I was on this jury, I too would probably want clarification on manslaughter.

JMo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member