Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that one or two jurors are holding out for not guilty and the others are trying to get them to vote for manslaughter. That's why they asked for some help via this question to get the holdouts to change their mind. MOO.

IMO, if the NG jurors knew about the sentence, IMO, they wouldn't vote for manslaughter.

Had to come back before my blood pressure went down!

I sure hope the guy on HLN is right, and they are working their way down the charges. 2nd degree murder, manslaughter, and then not guilty. Saying 2nd degree is off the table. I don't see manslaughter, but they may look at it as a compromise. I'll be very disappointed.

That is what their instructions say. They start with the top charge and decide guilty or not guilty. If guilty, they stop and send in their verdict. If not guilty they work their way down through the lesser includeds. The only lesser here is manslaughter so it sounds like that's where they're at right now. Good, because I don't think it was murder.

When we were waiting for the verdict in our murder case, the jury asked for the same clarification... we were sick thinking he was going to get manslaughter. He got convicted of Second Degree Murder, which in this state if automatic LWOP. In speaking with a juror after the trial , he claified for us that they were just dotting their i's and crossing their t's....still keeping the faith.

JMO JMO

so if this means that they have ruled out murder 2 and have questions figuring out this complicated manslaughter wording....well, it might just mean they are halfway there and are making sure they can rule out manslaughter too.

now
Diana Tennis @TennisLaw
Recess must be for lawyers to get together argument for judge.....30 min recess

GZ never said dozens of times.
I want to confirm I'm right on this. I have checked all the transcripts I have and can find nothing where he says he was punched in the face dozens of times, which is what Guy claimed. Can anybody source it?

I know he told Hannity:

HANNITY: How many times would you estimate that he punched you?
ZIMMERMAN: Several. More than a dozen.

But that's not dozens, and that could include other targets than the face.

Still no confirmation for this. So I want to ask about another quote attributed to GZ, the he said he was punched in the face 25 times. I can't find this anywhere neither. The closest I find is in a question by Serino:

Serino: Listen, it’s not a guarantee, but like I said a strong possibility, I’m hoping myself. OK. Another thing too as far as 25 and 30 punches, I’ve consulted with a lot of people, not quite consistent with your injuries. You do have injuries, however. Um, how did he manage to bang your head, and, OK, correct me if I misunderstood what you said here as far as slamming the head into the concrete. Into the cement thing. How’d he do that?
Zimmerman: I was on my back.

But he never actually confirms that number there. So, anybody have a quote by GZ on being hit 25 times or one on being hit dozens of times?

OMG ...

Jury wants ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS ON MANSLAUGHTER !

Whoa ...

Thoughts ?

IMO ... MOO ... JMO !

It depends on what instructions she gives. IMO She hasn't exactly tailored things fairly so far so...

So that means court will be back in 30 min.?

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 1m
Sidebar over. Court in recess for 30 min.

Evan Benn ‏@EvanBenn 4m
@DavidOvalle305 you can hear O'Mara's voice over all others at sidebar
Retweeted by Kyle Hightower

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 5m
Attorneys in sidebar with judge. #Zimmerman staring starlight at the judges bench during this.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 7m
AP: BREAKING from @AP : Jurors in George Zimmerman trial ask for clarification on manslaughter charge after 10 hours of deliberation

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 10m
Court back in session.

wow. he talking head on wftv said not guilty under Murder 2 is automatically, by the letter of the law, not guilty of manslaughter.

if you used self-defense as your defense against Murder 2 and the jury finds him not guilty, then legally he is also not guilty of manslaughter.

very interesting. iMHo

I think that's true only if the rejection of M2 is based on self-defense rather than a finding that the State didn't satisfy its burden on depraved mind, etc. Unfortunately...

jmo

Bill Shaeffer just said on WFTV that the jury even considering manslaughter means that this jury has disregarded the defense's claim of self-defense and is considering a "compromise verdict" of manslaughter. I agree. MOO.

If they started with 2nd degree murder instructions and working their way down..maybe they are looking at manslaughter..will find state didn't prove it either and acquit.

Rose, I think we are both in denial! We have to remember that this is Florida, where up is down, night is day, and good is evil. If they get it right, I'll be shocked.

As I previously posted there is an old saying of "Never anticipate a jury."

Which is, I believe, exactly why they are not allowed to know possible sentences.

to me, this is just one more thing to keep the jury from making clear thinking, wise decisions based on the totality of the case.

i think jurors should get to know all the evidence that's true, and the sentencing guidelines.

it really does seem that both sides try to "trick" the jury and keep them a bit in the dark.

iMHO

Bill Shaeffer just said on WFTV that the jury even considering manslaughter means that this jury has disregarded the defense's claim of self-defense and is considering a "compromise verdict" of manslaughter. I agree. MOO.

That's what I fear. I hope the talking heads are wrong though. JMO. OMO. MOO.

GZ came into the courtroom smiling - now very stone faced. Mark O'Mara has a high flushed colour. GZ father has his hand across his mouth. CNN gives the definition of Manslaughter as proving :

1) Trayvon Martin is dead.

2) George Zimmerman committed a deliberate act that resulted in the death of Trayvon Martin.

Court is recessed for 30 minutes.

IMO

Justice for Trayvon Martin. I believe and hope George Zimmerman is found guilty of Manslaughter.
This kind of violence needs to end.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members