Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just common sense imo. TM was out of control by any reasonable standard and it seemed no one even tried to help him imo.

Hi Horace,
I think I may have missed some things. How was he out of control? I only know of his tardies and skipping school, I think they found some jewelry and a screwdriver in his backpack but couldn't connect it to anything and we know he smoked (which most teens do these days -- even some well-behaved teens).

I know I had some issues with lateness and skipping school in the past. But I don't think I was out of control.

So, I'm asking, because maybe I haven't read about the other things he has done?

Thanks!

Toris... The text messages that the judge ruled out showed that Trayvon was a teenage boy who had been suspended from school for fighting, had conversations about teaching his brother to fight and about fights he himself had been involved in and about guns and buying and selling them.His locker at his school which he was caught defaming with spray paint and the letters WTF also had jewelry that was presumably stolen and a screwdriver or some tool which was considered to be a robbery tool...
Just wondering if that had any influence at all on your opinion ?

JMOJMO

Actually no it doesn't. I am the mom of a teenager. I know that they do stupid things without thinking. I know that as a teenager myself I did stupid things without thinking. I also know that when I was 28 years old that I was no longer a teenager and knew that there were consequences for my actions and that if I was instructed to not do something then I would not do it. I would prefer to have a teenager live next to me that has time to realize what they don't yet know than a grown man that believes that he knows it all and knows what is best despite the instructions given to him when someone's life is on the line.

MOO

Self defense is defense to manslaughter. MOM made it clear that if they decided there was enough doubt in favor of self defense, then he must be acquitted.

just like self defense is defense to 2nd degree
just like self defense is defense to 1st degree

I think murder2 is gone.

And I think they are getting close to acquittal.

Because even with Manslaughter under the law he has the legal right to protect himself and that is what he was doing.

I don't think someone will vote for MS if they believe he defended himself under the law.

Oh boy.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 2m
Defense attorneys have arrived.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 3m
#Zimmerman has arrived with his family.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
No defense attorneys yet. Or #Zimmerman

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
Attorneys are trickling back into the courtroom. All prosecutors here with stay attorney Angela Corey.

David Ovalle ‏@DavidOvalle305 18m
I was unclear if judge Nelson read entire note, bc juror question didn't seem very specific. Courts spokeswoman sez entire note read.
Retweeted by Kyle Hightower

I agree with Judge Alex in that GZ had his gun out and that he approached TM in back of the condo where he was staying. IMO that's how he got TM to come with him back toward his vehicle. But Trayvon tried to escape 70 yards away and was shot. I tried to say this during the trial, but was ridiculed that how did GZ make him come with him, flying saucers? So I more or less gave it up for a while. It kind of hurt my feelings because I thought I had as much right as anyone else to state my opinion. So, to make a long story short, which I haven't, I think that's what happened and all that the eyewitnesses saw was the scuffle when Trayvon tried to escape and then was shot dead.
Could very well be, Lovelymountains...could very well be. Your opinion is valued. :)

Hi, I read here last night. I looked up Richard Hornsby's webpage. An interesting read. He also brought up and listed many angles on manslaughter. I always thought it was just a few years until one of our customers got vehicular manslaugter on killing a man (in a car) and crippling his girlfriend. He didnt have a gun. He got 13 to 25 years. He was on a motorcycle, drunk!:seeya:

I am predicting a not guilty verdict as of now which is a crying shame imo

I believe ten years with no parole is added to the sentence if a firearm is used in the crime.

IMO

Ten minutes to go.

Martin Savage is saying five minutes and he sounds more nervous than Zimmerman looks.

Just to clarify, again, there is NO parole in the state of Florida.

I don't hold out much hope. After the Casey Anthony verdict I gave up on FL. I just hope the feds can get involved and overturn anything he's convicted of. imo

Unfortunately I think the feds are prepping for a civil rights violation JMO as I mistrust Holder and tax payer money used to advance protests initially...JMO Read American thinker, judicial watch wab site re: Fois requset

I think they've decided to acquit and out of diligence want to be certain GZ's actions don't rise to the standard of manslaughter. Why else ask for clarification 5 minutes before Miller Time?
Can you put that in really big type, and make it RED, so I can just stare at it?

TIA

Actually no it doesn't. I am the mom of a teenager. I know that they do stupid things without thinking. I know that as a teenager myself I did stupid things without thinking. I also know that when I was 28 years old that I was no longer a teenager and knew that there were consequences for my actions and that if I was instructed to not do something then I would not do it. I would prefer to have a teenager live next to me that has time to realize what they don't yet know than a grown man that believes that he knows it all and knows what is best despite the instructions given to him when someone's life is on the line.

MOO

Careful, some posters here think our views as mom's may impair our thinking.
imo

I don't hold out much hope. After the Casey Anthony verdict I gave up on FL. I just hope the feds can get involved and overturn anything he's convicted of. imo

The Feds did get involved. That is why we are here. But the mods said we can't discuss it.:blushing:

This will set the standard for injury threshold for future self defense cases.
If you receive 2 scratches on your head and a broken nose you are given full permission by the State to pull out your gun and kill the attacker. Don't ask any questions, just push the corpse off of you and walk away and call your wife.
IMO

Stephanie Wash ‏@WashNews 4m
Prosecution Atty. Mantei stands ready at the podium. #zimmermantrial #TrayvonMartin
Retweeted by Kyle Hightower

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 6m
O'Mara and Mantei discussing something at podium.

I've said it before. It will take a very courageous jury to vote not guilty.

Yes it will...

The jurors won't feel any heat from the media if they come back with a guilty verdict...

They will treat them like heroes...

I am predicting a not guilty verdict as of now which is a crying shame imo

Im curious why?

If the state did not prove their case the outcome is acquittal. That is there to protect us from false and over zealous prosecution.

I don't think it is shame. I think that is justice.

MOO

I was stupid all of my teen years. My stupidity only started to lessen around 21. LOL

I would NEVER want to be judged by what I did as a teen (and I was really a good kid -- just didn't think things through all the way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay