**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so but her drinking coffee while pregnant doesn't raise red flags with me. Probably because I did so myself. I know a lot of people that still drank coffee while pregnant. Also, for all we know she could have been getting decaf.

What I find more surprising is that JY would make a special trip to get her coffee which is what I took PY's testimony to be saying (that MY did not like Gerald's coffee because it was too strong). He doesn't seem to come across to me as being that type of husband that would cater to her whim. Unless of course he wanted a coffee also.

IMO

And leaving Cass behind is also suspect. Why not just pack everyone up and pick up coffee on the road somewhere? Awfully strange since they were leaving anyway. Also with PY spinning that he took that route because of a parade (which was on Saturday not Monday the day of the accident); also that Pat needed to get a sub for that Monday. I don't know of a single school that has classes on Memorial day.

That's a pretty harsh comment....imo.

Otto has posted the entire accident report numerous times here.

It was what it was, an accident.

Not meant to be harsh just truthful.
PT brought out that the man that testified is related to a friend of Jason's.
The guy with all the medals.

How could you not be impressed with this guy with all of his medals ? This was not one of the PT's best moments. moo

LOL, why did Mr. Dicks waltz into court with his fancy dress uniform from the army reserve?
Hmmm, sounds like Collins wanted to disassociate the tarnished uniform of the corrupt Highway Patrol.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/08/570360/perdue-steps-haltingly-toward.html#storylink=misearch

252853-16-1-100x75.jpg

I'm surprised that so many people think it's okay to lie to an officer about the circumstances of an accident if it means saving themselves the cost of a $25 ticket ... truly surprised.

As I said earlier it is not just a ticket. It can effect if the insurance is going to pay or if they are going to raise your rates. It is surprising how many people will lie when they break the law I grant you that, but it doesn't mean you agree with it. The same holds true if your car is stolen and you admit you left your keys in it.

How could you not be impressed with this guy with all of his medals ? This was not one of the PT's best moments. moo
I don't believe he would tarnish one of those medals by lying about a accident he had no intrest in. Very much a hero in my eyes and I am sure in the eyes of everyone of the jurors. NC is a very big military state and are proud of their best!!!
Some people do NOT understand, we are at war and the National Guards and Reserves are deployed into war zones just as any enlisted American. Matter of fact, our reserves have been deployed, at times, months longer then regular enlisted.

How many "maybes" does one guy get in a 12 hour period of time? Which just so happens to correspond to the EXACT time his pregnant wife is being bludgeoned to death?

Exactly. Innocent people don't need excuses.

Was he not the person that testified? The one in full dress regalia?

The trooper testified. He is not the brother of the friend. The trooper arrived to the scene awhile after the accident had occured. MY and JY were already at the hospital when he got to the scene. He talked to JY later (either when they returned from the hospital or at the hospital - can't remember exactly where he spoke with JY. MY was there but he did not interview her)

When he arrived on the scene, the sherriff's deputy was already there. That is the brother of the friend.

The trooper's accident report is what was reviewed at trial and entered into testimony and evidence, not the sherriff's deputy who was on the scene first and friend's brother.

IMO

Lol, Jason did not say he had 2 matches,
He said it was windy and he ended up lighting the matchbook to light his cigar.

Man, and how about the cigar purchase from Antonio's in Tampa?

Looks like Jase did smoke a cigar a few times !!
:wink:

Just because one was purchased doesn't equate to smoking it. My hubs bought cigars for his buddies when both of my children were born although he's never smoked one in his life. I've purchased plenty of bottles of wine in my day and have never drank a drop. Just sayin'.

Lets go ahead and complete the story.. Both JY and MY returned to the scene after being evaluated by medical staff at local hospital. The State Trooper interviewed the driver, JY, and requested info of accident. So in fact the State Trooper DID see and speak to JY and I am sure MY injected something in the questioning. If she did not deny having her seat belt on, I am going to assume she was wearing it. She and JY were in the vehicle, NO one else..

Really? Can you provide a link? I have never read that. TIA.

Mostly hide the fact that I smoke. From grandkids, co workers, etc. The main reason is because I quit for almost 15 years and then started again. I think I am mostly embarassed that I started again. And one of my sons is a doctor and he hates it. You know what I mean? I smoke around people who also smoke.
MCK I so get this! It is such a curse! And I go through all the same motions!

Just because one was purchased doesn't equate to smoking it. My hubs bought cigars for his buddies when both of my children were born although he's never smoked one in his life. I've purchased plenty of bottles of wine in my day and have never drank a drop. Just sayin'.

After checking receipts for years, the defense could only produce a single cigar purchase in Florida, nearly 3 years before the murder.

To suggest he smoked a cigar 11-3-06 is preposterous.

Swelling from what? 30 blows to someone's head with a long heavy object is going to cause his hands to swell and stay swollen for 7 days?

IMO, 30 blows to someone's head with a long heavy object is NOT going to leave any sort of injury to one's hands. To those who doubt this, haven't any of you ever split a load of firewood? When splitting logs, one uses a long, heavy object, an axe. Seldom is one able to split a log with only one or two swings of the axe. So let's use as an example, 2 swings for each log. That means one would only be splitting 15 logs for the fire place. When I was younger, even I have split a few logs, without injury to my hands. When we cut down trees and split the wood for the fireplace, the job was accomplished without any hand injuries.

And leaving Cass behind is also suspect. Why not just pack everyone up and pick up coffee on the road somewhere? Awfully strange since they were leaving anyway. Also with PY spinning that he took that route because of a parade (which was on Saturday not Monday the day of the accident); also that Pat needed to get a sub for that Monday. I don't know of a single school that has classes on Memorial day.

I just googled it and it does happen....

Lol, Jason did not say he had 2 matches,
He said it was windy and he ended up lighting the matchbook to light his cigar.

Man, and how about the cigar purchase from Antonio's in Tampa?

Looks like Jase did smoke a cigar a few times !!
:wink:

Someone using Michelle Young's credit card made a purchase from a cigar store in Tampa, during a family trip to visit - ironically - Michelle and Mr. Money. This was in 2004, within a month of Cassidy Young's birth. Strictly going by the evidence, Michelle Young made some purchase at the time of their daughter's birth, and no other records exist that show Jason Young purchased any tobacco products. Michelle, in fact, was a light social smoker at some point. No one has testified to ever seeing Jason Young smoke. Testimony has been provided by one of his closest friends that Jason never smoked and was adamantly opposed to the habit (***we may have found a single redeeming quality in Jason Young, someone alert the press!).

<modsnip>

Can anyone direct me to the voice mails JY left? I was wrapped up in another case and did not follow this one the first time around. Thanks so much!

IMO, 30 blows to someone's head with a long heavy object is NOT going to leave any sort of injury to one's hands. To those who doubt this, haven't any of you ever split a load of firewood? When splitting logs, one uses a long, heavy object, an axe. Seldom is one able to split a log with only one or two swings of the axe. So let's use as an example, 2 swings for each log. That means one would only be splitting 15 logs for the fire place. When I was younger, even I have split a few logs, without injury to my hands. When we cut down trees and split the wood for the fireplace, the job was accomplished without any hand injuries.

Where did it say it was a long object....

I would more likely...if I was a juror... be asking myself, IF the guy couldn't have dressed up a tad more for the occasion.

They were most likely admiring those MANY ribbons and medal he was wearing across his chest.. I know I was... But then, I have many military in my family and a grandson with a chest full from being deployed to Iraq 2 times.

LOL, why did Mr. Dicks waltz into court with his fancy dress uniform from the army reserve?
Hmmm, sounds like Collins wanted to disassociate the tarnished uniform of the corrupt Highway Patrol.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/08/570360/perdue-steps-haltingly-toward.html#storylink=misearch

252853-16-1-100x75.jpg

Yes, just like the SBI and LE/judicial system, there have been scandals in the HP but not in its ability to conduct investigations. Anybody would put him in uniform, but at no time did they hide that he was with HP. Pretty clever move on the DT. Shame the PT did not thing of that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewborn96