Very Blonde Girl In Orange Chair With Ashtray

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The turntable's brand name starts with "c" and has Cy. No Japanese electronic company has that name like it.

Here are some other things I notice in the photo.
-Celebrate Antiquity in Greenwich Village Poster.
-Beatles Poster. John Lennon was killed in 1980.
-Bell System Public Telephone Logo. That logo was used before 1969.
-Martin Paints

There was a discussion about that photo you mentioned. It looks like it was taken in New York City. Alcala is known to live in Greenwich Village.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

Creedance is the one of the Album covers it was released in 1969 http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=71 &
Cream http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=314

Attachments

• album_medium_71_4e359ccac3130.jpg
    album_medium_71_4e359ccac3130.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 28
  • album_medium_314_4e359b3e67f0b.jpg
    album_medium_314_4e359b3e67f0b.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 27
Bumping for 2012. If you are reading this and know anything about the identity of this person, please contact Huntington Beach Police Detective Patrick Ellis at 714-375-5066.

I believe this girl is alive.

I am new to this case, and just looking at the pictures, I see a documentation. The pictures of her in the white shirt with the headphones, there is sparkle in her eyes. She's looking directly at him while he's taking the photo. I think she was having fun. The bare shouldered picture is an "after sex/rape" photo. Her lips and face are puffy. I have naturally curly hair, and I straighten it. Girls in this time period actually ironed theirs with the iron. If mine gets the slightest bit damp or when I sleep, the curl starts to come back. Anyway, in the bare shouldered photo and the fully dressed photo, she is NOT looking at him. She's averting her eyes and is no longer happy... with that sparkle in her eye from the previous pictures. I think it is staged next to her luggage and gloves with the calender because that is the day he let her go. She's dressed and leaving. I think he's telling her she should be da*& lucky he's doing so, too. She went willingly into his apartment, he assaulted her, and released her. JMO, IMO, etc

Okay a little photo sleuthing on this one -- I blew up and analyzed various parts of this picture.

Conclusion:

A. the day is Tuesday the 14th (if the calendar has been moved to the correct day)

B. it is early in the year

C. It may be 1972 or 1978 (if we assume the month is March which is plausible but an assumption nonetheless)

Evidence:

A.
For Tuesday the 14th -- based on weeks starting on either Sunday or Monday, the fact that every 7 days the numbers change colors (either green surrounded by yellow or vice versa) and the length of the letters underneath the number, the 18th is a Sunday. Sunday. Monday and Tuesday are all the same length and Wednesday is longer and that seems to be what the calendar shows. With the weeks set off by color and the length of the letters in the days of the week this seems to be the most likely conclusion.

se1rn7.jpg

B.
For it being early in the year -- I can clearly see 7 additional colored ribbons behind the green one. There may be more but I can only see 7. That would make it somewhere between Jan and May.

2yvnew4.jpg

Additionally we see winter gloves on the suitcase which suggests it is still cold out.

2qltykg.jpg

C.
We have guessed March because the ribbon is green but that is speculation. Assuming it is March for a minute and it is Tuesday the 14th, then the year would be either 1972 or 1978.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion: Either she or Alcala have traveled recently.

Evidence this is almost surely a bag claim tag but could be from any form of transportation. [see tag in above pic with gloves]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis: She may be a flight attendant.

Possible evidence: The sort of upright luggage her gloves are resting on [see full pic earlier in thread] was not common at the time. That type of bag used to be thought of as a flight crew bag. Most people had regular suitcases like this:

29bmse0.jpg

The drawstring bag on the floor looks like something you might get from an airline or hotel. The last two letters on the bag look like "es" or "as" Was looking to match it to a hotel or airline but didn't have much luck.

15g4ho4.jpg

Also, for what it is worth, there may also be luggage to her left but it is hard to tell.

jaawes.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis: She is an adult.

Possible evidence:
-She is smoking
-There is what looks to be a mixed drink next to her
-The gloves are the gloves of an adult
-The luggage does not look like the luggage of a child
-Her posture in this chair seems self assured and more adult like (legs crossed and arm position).

She could still be a child of course.
[for picture evidence: see calendar pic where drink is evident; large pic for smoking, luggage and posture; gloves pic above]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I have for now. Whew!

The last word on this white bag looks like EAST to me. I see an N before it.

I've marked the object off in red in this picture. I too thought it was balloon strings, but in it's full size it definitely looks more cord/wire like. Full size picture at the link, and I've attached the close up. If you can't see it, let me know.

Edit- weird, the red marking is in the right spot but doesn't extend as far up as I had originally drawn. You should be able to get the idea though.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but that is a light that attaches to the ceiling, a chain comes off of it, and the cord is woven in the chain to make it look more natural. These lights were sometimes in the shape of a ball or globe and were popular in the sixties and early seventies. We had one.

It is not a chain. My god how many times are people going to say it.

It is not attached to anything. There is no wire woven through it. And there is no loops of the chains. It's hanging straight? My mind is boggled here. LOL Can we get someone to zoom in really close to show there is no chain.

attachment.php

look at this one. the chain is very clearly not the same The length hangs and curves but doesn't make complete full chains all the way down. Also the end of the strands just HANG there. They are not attached to a lamp or plugged into a wall. They are just hanging down. There are about four strands. It doesn't match the hanging chain thing at all.

il_570xN.287717907.jpg

It is not a chain. My god how many times are people going to say it.

It is not attached to anything. There is no wire woven through it. And there is no loops of the chains. It's hanging straight? My mind is boggled here. LOL Can we get someone to zoom in really close to show there is no chain.

attachment.php

look at this one. the chain is very clearly not the same The length hangs and curves but doesn't make complete full chains all the way down. Also the end of the strands just HANG there. They are not attached to a lamp or plugged into a wall. They are just hanging down. There are about four strands. It doesn't match the hanging chain thing at all.

il_570xN.287717907.jpg

IMHO...you can't definitively say it ISN'T a chain just because you don't agree with that idea. It may be your opinion that it isn't, but I think it is just as possible that could be one of those lamp chains.

The dark background makes it difficult to determine just exactly what it is because it kind of blends in. It could be one of those chain lamps that was simply not plugged in, but the cord was left hanging down for some reason. I do see some parts of it that look like the closed link of a chain. Maybe it was broken. Who knows?

In the late 60's and early 70's macrame' and leather weaving was also popular for hanging things. It could be something like that too.

IMHO....ribbons from a balloon bouquet is the least likely scenario, but it is also possible if they were done back then.I don't remember ever seeing one until the 1980's but I would not belittle your opinion...;)

Well of course. But there are four strands not three. So that's what convinces me that it is not. In addition the loop shapes are way too big to be what the chain lamps look like. It is nearly twice the size of what it should be if it was a chain link lamp. But yes it could be that it was unplugged and hanging down. Except there is no plug at the end of the strands hanging down.

Here's a pix from the 70s with the balloon streamers. They were much bigger back then.

1970-1970s-african-american_~kn954.jpg
images
CKSA016_YC296.jpg

I'm seeing ones like the ones in the picture with the baby, top middle between the blue and purple balloons. Looks like a darker purple. But to me it does look more like wires.

I also notice in the picture where she is holding the headphones that she is W-sitting. I don't know what this could mean in terms of age, occupation, etc. But I do think it is noteworthy.

It might help you if you go back to the beginning of the thread on this girl and read conversations about it from previous. This has been discussed at length and there have been several observations and conclusions that have come from it. Since this is pretty much a dead forum because of the circumstances of the case, it never hurts to check everything out, if you are interested, because this girl has still never been identified.

I read the entire thread before posting. I only commented on the cord thing b/c there was at least one person who didn't seem convinced that it wasn't party balloons. I thought linking a picture of the same room would be helpful for that person.

The w-sitting thing hadn't been discussed at all. I thought I'd mention it b/c it's a common thing for children to do, and a lot of children who w-sit will end up ambidextrous. Also, there aren't many adults that can/do w-sit, and I wondered if maybe she was into gymnastics or something that caused her to be more flexible.

I know there are a lot of posters here that are familiar with more missing persons cases than I am, so I thought pointing out those things might ring a bell for someone and that could lead to identifying her.

In the photos we see a lot of electronic equipment and record albums, but no speakers. That's because they're probably sitting up high on the top of that chest. The ribbony things hanging behind the young woman look like speaker wire to me.

In the photos we see a lot of electronic equipment and record albums, but no speakers. That's because they're probably sitting up high on the top of that chest. The ribbony things hanging behind the young woman look like speaker wire to me.

I think they are speaker wires as well.

in these 2 photos of her

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00751.jpg
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00801.jpg

she is wearing dark colored velvety type of pants. is it possible that the one with her in a white shirt was before he assaulted her and the one posing in the chair is after an assault? notice that in the one with the white shirt, her hair is casually messy and in front and back of her head. in the green velvet shirt, she looks more posed with hair carefully placed. in both photos, her gold colored bracelet is still visible on her right hand..although in the green top photo, she is wearing only one rather than two (like in the white top photo). in the green top photo, there looks like there is a dark purple mark around the right side of her neck (our left)

both photos have to have been very soon after each other. her nails are still the same length in both photos. the luggage tag is still wrapped around both handles (if you were to open your bag, you'd either remove the tag completely or reattach it to only ONE handle than leave it on both)

just my :twocents:

00801-2.jpg

Anything in that neck shadow is very low contrast. No manipulation I've yet tried pulls out much more than the hint of a feature.

Dana Evon Null - 3099DFFL

Sorry pics can not be cut & pasted by me of her somebody please do that so everyone can compare.
:what:

IMHO...you can't definitively say it ISN'T a chain just because you don't agree with that idea. It may be your opinion that it isn't, but I think it is just as possible that could be one of those lamp chains.

The dark background makes it difficult to determine just exactly what it is because it kind of blends in. It could be one of those chain lamps that was simply not plugged in, but the cord was left hanging down for some reason. I do see some parts of it that look like the closed link of a chain. Maybe it was broken. Who knows?

In the late 60's and early 70's macrame' and leather weaving was also popular for hanging things. It could be something like that too.

IMHO....ribbons from a balloon bouquet is the least likely scenario, but it is also possible if they were done back then.I don't remember ever seeing one until the 1980's but I would not belittle your opinion...;)

in the pic they look like green streamers?Could he have met her at some party or gathering?A park?

It's just a thought be could she be Danish (she looks Scandinavian to me), and the suitcases are because she is visiting him

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts
Back