Viable suspect: Damien Echols

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Everyone who listens to Ozzy know's who Crowley is because he has a song about him. And on top of that, one of the worlds most popular guitarist, Jimmy Page bought and lives in Crowley's castle. For those of you who don't know who he was. He was just a jackass in my opinion. Italy kicked him out because of his stupid crap.

Who the heck listens to Ozzy Osbourne anymore? (just kidding).

Quite honestly, there's no way to truly quantify it one way or the other anyway, and we're getting way, way ahead of my original argument: that Echols downplayed his off-kilter characteristics. Again, I do not blame him. TH and JMB did the same exact thing; and if I was being investigated for murder, I'd probably do the same thing.

Oh, good old Crowley! I too know of him, but have never read anything by him. Never understood why that statement was considered odd.
If you have ever dabbled in to alternative religions, listened to music with occult/satanic themes or been drawn to anything like that, you will know of Crowley. He's kind of a common name in those areas. That does not mean that you sympatise with anything he has said though. If that's not your area of interest you'll probably not know of him.

I have all his books. And poetry (he wasn't much of a poet, though I do like the one about Jezebel, that's some righteous iambic tetrameter). His Golden Dawn high magick blah is useless to the casual reader, and bit tossy for those who are aren't. All rather impenetrable to the teenaged, uneducated mind. But who cares, he was the occult equivalent of Keith Moon, so I totally get the appeal.

Anyway, the Ozzy song would make sure that every teenage headbanger in the world had heard of Crowley. I knew who he was, aged about 8. There was a copy of one his books and a few referencing him, in the mobile library bus that visited our little country town in the middle of nowhere, Australia, every two weeks. For an 19th century genteel bad boy, he sure gets about.

Does this truly surprise anybody? Anybody?

Oh that Damien!! I still think out of the three of them he'll be the one who finally confesses in a pre recorded interview .. for a colossal price of course.

Ok, maybe I missed it, but where is the confirmation? I'm assuming it's coming from the guest....how does the guest know this information, exactly?

Ok, maybe I missed it, but where is the confirmation? I'm assuming it's coming from the guest....how does the guest know this information, exactly?

If you follow this link you will see that it's part of a published journal. This isn't something that the guest made up. Check it your for yourself.
http://oppermanreport.blogspot.com/2015/04/confirmed-damien-echols-is-member-of.html

I wanted to add this to my post. I got this from William Ramsey's page. It explains more than the Opperman page, but you really should listen to the interview.

Back in 2007, Echols donated his library of books to an OTO chapter in Arkansas. They wrote a piece about Echols replete with lies and myths about the WM3 case.

"...he chose to allow himself outed as a Thelemite within our community at great personal risk. He chose to become registered with the O.T.O Prison Ministry. He's even donated to our Oasis a portion of his personal library---books sent to him from supporters around the world---as that is the only way he has to contribute. And he has, in this short time, become very dear to us."

Here is confirmation that Echols is a member of Crowley's OTO and that he considers himself a Thelemite.

Firstly this isn't news. Its been public knowledge for years that Damien donated books to the OTO, its even been discussed on here before. Secondly, the fact that some people think Damien holding Thelemite beliefs is some kind of smoking gun tells you all you need to know about the case for the prosecution.

Yes, another one of his lies since he claimed to NOT know much about Aleister Crowley and to NOT be into satanic occult.
He could have not known a lot about Crowley back then... anyway I just wish Damien wouldn't lie so much so I could take his words for granted as I used to and not have to wander into the research the: did the WM3 did it? theme. Seriously it hurts my heart even thinking that. But honestly, it's all Damien's fault that I'm doing such research. He disappointed me so much with all his lies. It's really sad. I'm wiccan, I related to him, I cried so much of happiness when they got out of prison but Damien isn't really helping himself these days. It breaks my heart . It's the first case that makes me doubt my initial judgement of it. It's being a really hard time for me to research this case so much just because Damien is acting like... Damien... [emoji22]

I've never thought much of Echols, he's always come across as a pathological liar and a bit of an *advertiser censored* to me, the kind of person I'd avoid if he was in my social circles. I feel sorry for him as a child, and I feel sorry he was locked up for so long due to the trial he had, but I am certainly not a fan of his. But I don't need to like the guy to see his trial and conviction as a load of horsepuckey that should never have happened.

That said, he's not completely off my suspect list. But he's not near the top of it, that's for sure.

This is classic ..

ECHOLS: When you have to fight against the other lawyers as hard or harder as you do against the state. Jason [Baldwin]’s lawyers. Their entire agenda was to make me look as guilty as possible, thinking somehow it was going to help him. The number one thing that people quote is Exhibit 500, a mental health report, that comes from the fact that, one day, Jason’s attorneys contacted me and said they had this idea that would be really helpful and great. I was naive. It was years ago. OK, sure, let’s do it. This woman comes and writes up this report that diagnoses me with every single mental illness known to mankind. She can’t even file it herself because she’s already perjured herself and so she takes it to another doctor to file. The number one piece of evidence that people use to try and hurt me wasn’t even filed by the state. It was filed by Jason Baldwin’s attorneys.

http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/new...ien-echols-lorri-davis-travel-west-of-memphis

So now the Exhibit 500 isn't event a real medical history and it was filed by Jason's attorneys .. OK then.
Problem is most people don't even know about Exhibit 500 and if they know they don't bother to know it's contents because "it was all made up "... yeah, classical. Unfortunately.

I don't think it was all made up. I simply believe it was exaggerated. Problem is, even if Damien were a raging psychopath, it doesn't make him a murderer. There is absolutely no irrefutable evidence to support his conviction. With that said, assessing the Death Penalty in this case was equally unconscionable.

I don't think it was all made up. I simply believe it was exaggerated. Problem is, even if Damien were a raging psychopath, it doesn't make him a murderer. There is absolutely no irrefutable evidence to support his conviction. With that said, assessing the Death Penalty in this case was equally unconscionable.
I understand what you mean and agree with what you're saying. My point was just that, besides DE lying about from where Exhibit 500 came from, he had definitely lots of mental health issues going on at that time of his life. That definitely doesn't has anything to do with the murders but he can't just deny such a report.

You do know that Exhibit 500 was presented by the defense during the penalty phase, right? I don't think he necessarily wants to deny it, but, again, I think it was exaggerated in an attempt to avoid the DP. Since it didn't work, the judge must not have thought that there was any merit to it - not that he got much right during the trial!

You do know that Exhibit 500 was presented by the defense during the penalty phase, right? I don't think he necessarily wants to deny it, but, again, I think it was exaggerated in an attempt to avoid the DP. Since it didn't work, the judge must not have thought that there was any merit to it - not that he got much right during the trial!

Are you suggesting the doctors who wrote up the records in Exhibit 500 BEFORE the murders, and way before the trial were exaggerating to help Damien avoid the DP? Seriously?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back