Viable suspect: Terry Hobbs #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the many questions that arise out of this case, two in particular are very important for me.

1. Who had a motive ?
2. Why were the 3 boys killed on this day ?

To answer the second question, it was important to look at what happened before the 5th of May 1993.
PH's statements are quite consistent. According to PH, SB and MM left, not more than 5 minutes before CB came to the Hobbs house. Looking at the geographical situation of the Three houses, I was always thinking the boys paths must have crossed. I always had the feeling that CB wanted to go to the Hobbs house for other reasons. PH said CB asked for SB, and then asked if he could watch the Muppet Babies with Amanda. TH however, never mentioned this happening (besides the fact that there were big discrepancies in their time frames). Now knowing all the allegations against TH, this gave me a strange feeling. Then I came across the Dimensions interview.

http://callahan.8k.com/hobbs_pasdar/hp_38/hp_38_6.pdf pages 62-162

I want to quote, highlighting the most important things for me:

PH. Well, I wouldn't think five minutes had passed by the time
Christopher was knocking on the door. And he asked about Stevie a
lot, and I told him, "Well, you just missed him. They just left to go to
Michael's house." And he said, "Well, can I come in and see Amanda
for a little bit?"
And I said, "Yeah, that'd be fine." So, they sat in the
den and watched the Muppet Babies, and when the Muppet Babies
went off he left. So...

Q. How much older -- or Amanda was a little younger, right?

PH. She was 4.

Q. Four. So, he had a little crush on-on Amanda?

PH. Yeah.

TH. Four years older.

PH. Melissa had told me that after they were murdered, that, urn,
Christopher came home one day and said, "[I'm going to have a]
girlfriend." And she said, "Uh, who?" And he said, "Yeah, but she's
younger than me." And she said, "Well, how old is she?" And he told
her, "She's 4, and she's [who is she?] Stevie's sister [Amanda]."

<snipped>

TH. [Crosstalk] hung out with Mike, or Chris come over and I got him [not
wanting to] kiss Amanda.

PH. And he was just [over-abused] in that day. And, uh, he'd come in, and
I asked Terry if he could tell Amanda, "Bye." And Terry said, "Well,
tell her bye,"
and Christopher shyly put his hands in his pocket and
told her, "Bye," which Stevie was out on the car fort laughing, because
he knew Christopher wanted her to come out there so he could give
her a kiss bye. And Terry [got him], "Tell her bye now."

TH. I said, "You tell her in here, boy."

Q. Who was -- who was Stevie better friends with, Christopher or
Michael?

PH. Michael.

Q.They were -- were they like best friends, the two of them?

PH.Yeah.

Q. They were -- they did everything together. But they hung out with
Chris quite a bit?

PH. Uh, Chris and Stevie were in the same [group]. So, I would say
probably, uh, about a month before the murder was when Chris really
started hanging around them both.

<snipped>

Q. Yeah. What about Chris?

PH. Michael spent more time -- Chris, uh, he was just a little shy little boy
then. Started coming over right before they died.

IMO, this is not a red flag, this is not an alarm bell, this is a house on fire. Due to my personal experience with paedophiles, I know that fathers who are sexually abusing their daughters (incest), can become very volatile towards supposed rivals. On this day CB was alone with Amanda for probably the first time!.

For SB and CB, I now see the strongest motives I’ve seen up to now in this case, and as far as the reason goes why it happened on this day, I think this could be a strong reason. As for MM, let me refer to Brent Turvey’s „Equivocal Examination and Psychological Profile of Case Evidence“

callahan.8k.com/wm3/b_turvey_profile.html

Purpose of the Assault

It is the opinion of this examiner that the primary reason for these killings was punitive. The victims were being punished for some real or perceived wrong. The reasons for this opinion have been thoroughly established in other parts of this report.

It should be pointed out at this point that this examiner is under the opinion that James M. Moore was a collateral victim. That is to say that he was not an intended victim, and that he died because of his association with the other two victims at the time. The anger of the assailant in this case, manifested in victim damage and sexual mutilation, is directed primarily at Steve Branch and Chris Byers. This would indicate that the strongest personal associations with the assailant are with Chris and Steve.

I am still feeling chills after reading your post Cher Lockhomes. The more I read, the faster the motive clicked solidly into place. I had initially believed that TH's motive was to punish and humiliate his stepson however all of the evidence in your post demonstrates what motivated TH that day. How was this ever not investigated at that time? It is mind-boggling to think this information was out there and overlooked. I am stunned. JMO

Of the many questions that arise out of this case, two in particular are very important for me.

1. Who had a motive ?
2. Why were the 3 boys killed on this day ?

To answer the second question, it was important to look at what happened before the 5th of May 1993.
PH's statements are quite consistent. According to PH, SB and MM left, not more than 5 minutes before CB came to the Hobbs house. Looking at the geographical situation of the Three houses, I was always thinking the boys paths must have crossed. I always had the feeling that CB wanted to go to the Hobbs house for other reasons. PH said CB asked for SB, and then asked if he could watch the Muppet Babies with Amanda. TH however, never mentioned this happening (besides the fact that there were big discrepancies in their time frames). Now knowing all the allegations against TH, this gave me a strange feeling. Then I came across the Dimensions interview.

http://callahan.8k.com/hobbs_pasdar/hp_38/hp_38_6.pdf pages 62-162

I want to quote, highlighting the most important things for me:

PH. Well, I wouldn't think five minutes had passed by the time
Christopher was knocking on the door. And he asked about Stevie a
lot, and I told him, "Well, you just missed him. They just left to go to
Michael's house." And he said, "Well, can I come in and see Amanda
for a little bit?"
And I said, "Yeah, that'd be fine." So, they sat in the
den and watched the Muppet Babies, and when the Muppet Babies
went off he left. So...

Q. How much older -- or Amanda was a little younger, right?

PH. She was 4.

Q. Four. So, he had a little crush on-on Amanda?

PH. Yeah.

TH. Four years older.

PH. Melissa had told me that after they were murdered, that, urn,
Christopher came home one day and said, "[I'm going to have a]
girlfriend." And she said, "Uh, who?" And he said, "Yeah, but she's
younger than me." And she said, "Well, how old is she?" And he told
her, "She's 4, and she's [who is she?] Stevie's sister [Amanda]."

<snipped>

TH. [Crosstalk] hung out with Mike, or Chris come over and I got him [not
wanting to] kiss Amanda.

PH. And he was just [over-abused] in that day. And, uh, he'd come in, and
I asked Terry if he could tell Amanda, "Bye." And Terry said, "Well,
tell her bye,"
and Christopher shyly put his hands in his pocket and
told her, "Bye," which Stevie was out on the car fort laughing, because
he knew Christopher wanted her to come out there so he could give
her a kiss bye. And Terry [got him], "Tell her bye now."

TH. I said, "You tell her in here, boy."

Q. Who was -- who was Stevie better friends with, Christopher or
Michael?

PH. Michael.

Q.They were -- were they like best friends, the two of them?

PH.Yeah.

Q. They were -- they did everything together. But they hung out with
Chris quite a bit?

PH. Uh, Chris and Stevie were in the same [group]. So, I would say
probably, uh, about a month before the murder was when Chris really
started hanging around them both.

<snipped>

Q. Yeah. What about Chris?

PH. Michael spent more time -- Chris, uh, he was just a little shy little boy
then. Started coming over right before they died.

IMO, this is not a red flag, this is not an alarm bell, this is a house on fire. Due to my personal experience with paedophiles, I know that fathers who are sexually abusing their daughters (incest), can become very volatile towards supposed rivals. On this day CB was alone with Amanda for probably the first time!.

For SB and CB, I now see the strongest motives I&#8217;ve seen up to now in this case, and as far as the reason goes why it happened on this day, I think this could be a strong reason. As for MM, let me refer to Brent Turvey&#8217;s &#8222;Equivocal Examination and Psychological Profile of Case Evidence&#8220;

callahan.8k.com/wm3/b_turvey_profile.html

Very solid stuff Cher.

As I've often said before, the fact that CB was "sweet on" AH gives an entirely different "twist" on CB's genital mutilation. I wonder if, before he was degloved, there was some other injury on the penis - caused by the killer? This is truly disgusting to imagine, but I've thought along these lines (and posted same) before - not really wanting to believe it but being unable to put it entirely from my mind.

While unburdening my mind, another unpleasant thought is my WAS (wild *advertiser censored* speculation) as to why SB wanted to run away that day. What if TH had wanted to expand his sexual indecencies onto SB's friends? It would explain a lot to me, but I don't think we'll ever know that for sure, unfortunately.

As I've often said before, the fact that CB was "sweet on" AH gives an entirely different "twist" on CB's genital mutilation. I wonder if, before he was degloved, there was some other injury on the penis - caused by the killer? This is truly disgusting to imagine, but I've thought along these lines (and posted same) before - not really wanting to believe it but being unable to put it entirely from my mind.

While unburdening my mind, another unpleasant thought is my WAS (wild *advertiser censored* speculation) as to why SB wanted to run away that day. What if TH had wanted to expand his sexual indecencies onto SB's friends? It would explain a lot to me, but I don't think we'll ever know that for sure, unfortunately.

I think this is all highly probable. I think this was the perfect storm of rage brewing to an ultimate revenge killing. In the mind of a very unstable man who was a pedophile/domestic abuser/narcissist, a man whose relationships with the children in his life are bluring with the adults in his life. The triangle of his daughter/her would be suitor (Chris Byers) and himself mirroring his wife/her suitor (the mexican) and himself this could have sent him over the edge. The emotions he feels in one situation parallels the other situation. A man who is used to thinking of his family as his possessions would be threatened by the other males. He's going to lash out the easiest and exact revenge easiest on the children as a substitute for not being able to punish and humiliate the man who his wife cheated with. I think this is why the treatment of CB and SB are different and more punitive than MM.

I am still feeling chills after reading your post Cher Lockhomes. The more I read, the faster the motive clicked solidly into place. I had initially believed that TH's motive was to punish and humiliate his stepson however all of the evidence in your post demonstrates what motivated TH that day. How was this ever not investigated at that time? It is mind-boggling to think this information was out there and overlooked. I am stunned. JMO

Thats the right word "chilling". That is exactly how I felt when I read this for the first time. When looking into the different suspects in this case, none of them really triggered any vivid visions of the crime. The least imaginative scene, was that of the WM3 doing it in accordance to JM's "confessions".
The statements in the Dimensions interviews triggered a lot of pictures that felt more like the horrific scene that it must have been.

I'm not qualified to say this (Judge Burnett has reassured me, as far as he knows, I don't have to have any qualifications to be an expert in the state of Arkansas), but IMO in a murder case, where three 8 year olds are the victims, the first option would be a forensic/psychological assessment of the crime, (first took place in 1998 as far as I can see) and if needed a psychological examination of the parents (never took place on behalf of LE). Only when the parents could be counted out, would there be a need to widen the circle out to more distant relatives, neighbours and so on.If this had happened in 1993, I'm sure we wouldn't be here discussing this subject.

Here is another spine-chilling example of TH. From the PH Interview 2007.

http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/pam_hobbs_interview.pdf

"After Terry was gone he had set a trash bag out on the carport and said that that’s was my clothes and that's what I could have take it with me. Well, I didn’t even attempt to even look into it or anythang while the police was there I wished I had of because I didn’t I held on to them clothes for years but I threw em away. I thank I may have still one shirt. Terry had taken almost every stitch of clothing that I had, I don’t know if he cut it with a knife or if he cut it with a box cutter or what. But the clothing that he had in that trash bag to give me and this was even down to my bra’s and underwear they were cut. And uh the shirt that I had wore the night of the John Walsh thang it was a real like in my heart and it was a real black at my back and my underwear I mean but it was crazy you know. Oh my God just staying with my sister what would make him that mad that he would do that to my clothing"

reedus23 wrote:

Very solid stuff Cher.

Thanks for the positive feedback reedus23.

Compassionate Reader wrote:

I was pretty sure it was only animal predation. I'm not so sure now. I'm tempted to think it was both. If there were injuries in CB's genital area, this surely would have attracted animal predation even more.

PH obviously worked a lot in the evening (before Catfish Island, Panchos?). TH had a lot of time, opportunity. I fear the worst. It all depends on what kind of "Paedo" he was/is. You're right, we will never know. That is the trouble with passive-agressive "paedos", only the children are witnesses, and who "believes/takes serious" the children?

Of course, it goes without saying that my suspicions of pedophilia bring JKM into this circle. That's why his statements about TH were so chilling to me.

Of course, it goes without saying that my suspicions of pedophilia bring JKM into this circle. That's why his statements about TH were so chilling to me.

CR I agree with you. JKM is not someone you can count out. He was one of the first suspects I looked into. For personal reasons, I've been studying paedophiles for about 17 years now, I've read many books, talked to a lot of people, and have accumulated a fair amount of knowledge about the different types of "pedos".

The classification of "pedos" is mainly dependant on their accompanying personality disorders. IMO JKM is a very eccentric paedophile who loves publicity, attention, and wants admiration. Evil nonetheless, but I'm not convinced he would murder. He reminds me a lot of the "star" from Amy Berg's "Deliver us from evil" Mr O'Grady, who has a great time relishing his obscenities in front of millions of viewers. As much as I admire Amy for "West of Memphis" she made a mistake with "Deliver us from evil".

CR I agree with you. JKM is not someone you can count out. He was one of the first suspects I looked into. For personal reasons, I've been studying paedophiles for about 17 years now, I've read many books, talked to a lot of people, and have accumulated a fair amount of knowledge about the different types of "pedos".

The classification of "pedos" is mainly dependant on their accompanying personality disorders. IMO JKM is a very eccentric paedophile who loves publicity, attention, and wants admiration. Evil nonetheless, but I'm not convinced he would murder. He reminds me a lot of the "star" from Amy Berg's "Deliver us from evil" Mr O'Grady, who has a great time relishing his obscenities in front of millions of viewers. As much as I admire Amy for "West of Memphis" she made a mistake with "Deliver us from evil".

Here's my opinion and I'm not an expert but I believe that he's not the kind of abuser like the creepy guy that hangs out at the public park or school yard looking at children but he's the kind of abuser of opportunity. The moral lines are so blurry with him he doesn't see anything wrong with messing around with children or adults or whoever its all about who or what he can control and doesn't have a moral filter for his immediate urges. Nothing in him is telling him that messing around with his kids or step kids is wrong it just seems fun or funny at the time. But if one of them puts up resistance or refuses then for him the punishment is on.

It's been a while ago since I read JKM's statement, so I've just looked up on it again to refresh my memory. I'm pleased I did, with my present knowledge I can see a few more things in there.

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/jmartinstatement.html

Further info:

http://www.jivepuppi.com/jivepuppi_jkm.html

IMO He's a very sick, crazy guy, but he does talk some sense in between telling his obscene stories. He's a paedophile that has outed/ been outed, and he has no reason to cover it up, in fact exactly the opposite, he enjoys talking about it and he loves the attention he gets. As justiceseeker35 said, he has no moral problems with it, in fact the children he abused/abuses enjoy his affection, and keep coming back for more, he's more popular with kids than Santa Claus!! He is networked, he has contact to other paedophiles, and as I've read in the JKM thread, he stalks on FB, and makes a nuisance of himself. He knows exactly where the line is, and tries to keep within. He's what I would call a "Vampire". In the above police statement, he really sucks the blood out of Ridge and Sudbury at the end of the interview, he just can't incline from doing it.

First he pragmatically explains why he himself, didn't do it:

<snipped> "that's when that male or the men, or the beast inside of them takes over. That's when they start abusing them physically. Most of your child molestors aren't going to physically abuse they are trying to have sex with them, not trying to cause them to where they never do it again. 90 percent of you child molestors, if I molested this child, I don't want the child to run away, I want to child to come back so I can have sex with him." <snipped>

Then he goes on to TH:

<snipped> "hyperthetically, we're just going to pick one of the parents, we'll pick uh, Branch's father, here's a person whose not really the child's father. He's not the biological father, he's with the child, he plays with this child, he's almost taken care of this child til when he's grown up, and him and his wife has marital problems" <snipped>
<snipped> "we're talking a guy, who could be the average joe" <snipped>

The perp.(TH) would kill because he had a lot to lose.

<snipped> "I might get caught and he's going to go to the police, they're going to go to the Dept. of Human Social, they're going to take away my wife, they're going to take away my child, they're going to take everything I've worked for, everything is going to be going off like a volcano. Just cave in like an earthquake" <snipped>

Why did JKM pick out TH?:

<snipped> "I use Branch not because, I use Branch for one reason, I use that child because it worries me, that he's more jumpy to go the press, he's more jumpy to go to the news media, where the Moores they don't want nobody, just get out of my life, you know, look what happened to my child, you know. This is the typical upset family, but the Branch's are making it out like you know, I want this son of a ***** caught, you know, this blaugh, blaugh. The Byers are in a similar area, but the reason I say Branch is because uh, this is not his biological child, now. This is a child that he has gotten with because of the mother. So, remorsefully, technically he would not be killing his own child. I was just using that hyperthetically. I am not saying that Mr. Branch did it, because that wouldn't be my way of doing it. Now, if I got around in certain areas and I found out more information, and the suspect felt, cause this, is hyperthetically saying a situation like this, if I would push on a suspect, it would have to be somebody extremely close." <snipped>

The Police want to know what questions to ask and how the Perp would react:

<snipped> "cause if this guy really is a child molester, he's going to take offensive, you know, not me, cause I know I am a sex offender, I know I am a child molester, so it can't bother me. You know, if you want to seat here and say you're a perverted, no good, you know, psycho, you know, **** you, it don't matter to me, cause I know I am. But, if this guy was that type, he would take very offended conditionally. Make him come out, see what kind of story he's going to give you as being a child molester, because, see, number one, only a child molester knows what a child molester does. I mean I could sit here and go into a room and have it full of guys, who has been convicted of child molestation, but if uh, but he sit there and deny it, you will know it." <snipped>

<snipped> "In other words, the person that you would be asking that would be trying to form the question into a question. Say, I was denying, okay, in denial, the guy is going to try and manipulate, you know, he feels that he's in the hot seat, he's gonna try and manipulate the situation, he's being questioned about something now if he has any guilt, whatsoever, he's going to try and put it off, he's going to try and con you into thinking of something else, to inadvertedly, put it off. You know, he can't come off, he's going to try and deny it, try and deny everything, so he can't come out and tell you anything." <snipped>

IMO, JKM states in these last two quotes, that the type of (paedophile) person who has killed the three boys, is a paedophile in denial, a paedophile who at no cost wants to be discovered as a paedophile, who would kill to prevent being discovered, and in context with the things he said about TH, he sees TH to be this sort of paedophile. I agree with him!

This was also interesting:

<snipped> "Sudbury: -----------the only person that know exactly what went on in that area, like you said yourself, it's four people?

Martin: And three are dead

Sudbury: And we've already, and we don't want some proof to show up and say, I did all of this, unless he knows these exact things and occurrences, he couldn't have done it. Well, it will only be one person that will have that knowledge to even tell us

Martin: You're not going to get this guy come in and admit to it. The only way you're going to find this guy, the only

Ridge: I figure the only way is exactly what we are doing, is just taking samples and comparing to what we got,

Sudbury: Scientifically

Martin: That's a good idea

Sudbury: If he does this again, he does this again

Martin: But here's the thing, you are going to have a guy who is going to come in, you going to be questioning him, and he might refuse to give these things, you know I don't have to, I have the right, and I have enough witnesses that knows where the hell I was at the time that the whole thing happened, so I mean, there is no reason for me to be guilty, I " <snipped>

This statement is two weeks after the crime, and rumors will have been flying around West Memphis at the speed of light. He will have watched the media coverage, talked to his "pedo" friends about it. I don't think it's a coincidence that he picked out TH. Paedophiles seem to have the "sixth sense" to smell each other, and this guy knows the different types of paedophiles well. He should have been in charge of the investigation, at least he had more "idea" than Gary Gitchell.

Like I said, chilling! BTW, some people have opined that JKM was referring to JMB and not TH in his statement. However, he specifically states that he's talking about TH and not JMB. He's apparently confused in one point (JMB is not CB's biological father, but his adoptive father), but his confusion is understandable since CB took the Byers name when he was adopted. So, it's understandable that JKM would assume that CB was JMB's biological child.

I'm glad to see an actual theory with some logic and proof behind it, as far as TH goes. I'm certainly not convinced 100%, of course, but this is an interesting and logical theory; with an actual reason behind why TH could have done it, as opposed to the very generalized theories that others are prone to use. Well done.

I have learned about the jealousy and rage a paedophile would have towards a rival now. This certainly explains TH's behaviour that I never understood before. Thank you for detailing this. The fact that CB's mother was aware of CB thinking Amanda was his girlfriend makes me wonder if this was common knowledge around the neighbourhood and this of course would set TH's teeth on edge. JMO

I was not aware of the crush CB had on AH until CherLockhomes and Compassionate Reader detailed it. The interview demonstrating that TH was aware of this and shows his anger towards CB where he said "you say goodbye to her here" explained so much to me. Now I understand why CB would be a target for TH. Initially I thought that TH did this as he had the motive which was to punish and humiliate SB for not obeying him to come home and the opportunity as several neighbours placed TH at the right time in the right place. This other information sheds a whole new light on TH. You have done amazing sleuthing. Simply amazing.

I wasn't aware of a crush. But I do see how the whole idea put forth about jealousy and the basic "this is mine" idea is playing out. It actually makes sense. I asked a friend of mine who was a pedo play toy when she was younger what would have happened if someone had shown an interest in her. She said it did happen twice and it was always a nasty little scene. The pedo involved was not violent but would do petty little things to make life harder on her and the person who showed her interest. Apparently, he let the air out of all the tires on one young man's car several nights in a row and also put small garden snakes in through the mail slot at the house. Eventually, the young man lost interest when he realized the girl was not available to date. But she said if he had been even a little violent, it could have been so much worse than it was. He was always very jealous of anyone who she spent time with, even her own mother. Your investigation has brought to light an entire other side to this to consider. Thank you for your work!

I wasn't aware of a crush. But I do see how the whole idea put forth about jealousy and the basic "this is mine" idea is playing out. It actually makes sense. I asked a friend of mine who was a pedo play toy when she was younger what would have happened if someone had shown an interest in her. She said it did happen twice and it was always a nasty little scene. The pedo involved was not violent but would do petty little things to make life harder on her and the person who showed her interest. Apparently, he let the air out of all the tires on one young man's car several nights in a row and also put small garden snakes in through the mail slot at the house. Eventually, the young man lost interest when he realized the girl was not available to date. But she said if he had been even a little violent, it could have been so much worse than it was. He was always very jealous of anyone who she spent time with, even her own mother. Your investigation has brought to light an entire other side to this to consider. Thank you for your work!

This all really does make logical sense. I didn't know about the childhood crush CB had on AH, I thought it was maybe the other way around. No one even dreamed of this at the time because who is going to suspect a domestic pedophile/abuser of a Joe neighborhood kind of guy? But if the lines are blurry between his relationship with his wife and relationship with his daughter he is going to see himself cuckolded for the 2nd time in a short period of time. And he's going to see SB as the facilitator some of the blame is going to lay on him. He's a wedge between TH and PH and he's brought a wedge between TH and AH by bringing CB. I could see him set on edge that afternoon and then when kids didn't come home on time going after them. I believe he knew exactly where they played.

It amazes me that the vast sources and investigations by websleuths which in my opinion clearly point to TH was/is available to the L.E. had they cared to act on it. I truly wish and hope that someone in authority will move on this soon. JMO

Thanks for your post motherducky. Thats exactly the kind of thing I meant. I have a few tales to tell in that direction too, but at the moment I'm trying to keep my story out of this, because it's quite easy to project ones own story onto people involved in this case. I can tell you for sure though, paedophiles who are violent, and most of all those who are abusing their own children, have a circle around them, and if anyone intrudes that circle, they are in real danger!! There are two states a paedophile can be in. They are either known paedophiles, or they are paedophiles in denial. A paedophile in denial will fight for his life to keep it a secret. They are not only extremely jealous, but have also got to keep control of their victims. If another person gets too close and wins the trust of their victims, there is always a danger that the secret may be revealed. I found another example of TH's control of his daughter here:

In the Pasdar/Hobbs deposition: Part 2 page 438

http://callahan.8k.com/hobbs_pasdar/t_hobbs_depo2.html

12 Q. Why did you have a fight with Andy P------ in
13 2005?
14 A. Because I found out that Andy was older than
15 what he told me, and I felt like -- my daughter
16 was 16, I felt like he was molesting my daughter,
17 so we had out issues.
18 Q. How old was Andy P------ when you had this
19 altercation?
20 A. 23, 22, 23.
21 Q. And did you --
22 A. He told me he was 19.
23 Q. Did you threaten him with a gun?
24 A. No.
25 Q. Did you beat him up?

Page 439
1 A. We had a confrontation.
2 Q. There was a fist fight?
3 A. Well, we had differences.
4 Q. Well, that resulted in the police being
5 called; is that correct?
6 A. Sure. And guess what, Mr. P------ went to
7 jail that night.

BTW, Nice to see so many positive responses, credit to everyone who posts, and I don’t agree that it has to be something super. Every post deserves credit, and helps keep this thing alive. Even the most offhand speculation might inspire someone into pulling something out of the bag!!

Here some nice figures taken from the U.S. Department of statistics. I hope the WMPD read them too.

Between 1976 and 1994 an estimated 37,000 children were murdered..

An estimated 18.6% of inmates serving time in State prisons in 1991 for violent crimes, or about 61,000 offenders nationwide, had been convicted of a crime against a victim under age 18.

Inmates who victimized children were less likely than other inmates to have a prior criminal record. Nearly a third of child-victimizers had never been arrested prior to the current offense, compared to less than 20% of those who victimized adults.

For the vast majority of child victimizers in State prison, the victim was someone they knew before the crime:

A third had committed their crime against their own child.

About half had a relationship with the victim as a friend, acquaintance, or relative other than offspring.

About 1 in 7 reported the victimto have been a stranger to them.

Three-quarters of the violent victimizations of children took place in either the victim’s home or the offender’s home.

About half of those who committed their current offense against a child had been arrested once before or had never been arrested prior to the current offense. By contrast, about a third of those with adult victims had less extensive arrest histories.

Offenders serving time for crimes against children were more likely to have grown up in homes with both parents present and to have suffered sexual abuse as a child.

Three out of four child victims of violent offenders were female and nearly a third were the offender’s own child or stepchild.

Taken from:

Child Victimizers: Violent Offenders and their Victims

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/CVVOATV.PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads