Viable suspect: Terry Hobbs #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were so many things in Hobbs eventual interview that made me uncomfortable. Adding in the physical evidence; the penknife, the shorts vs. pants Stevie had on, what/whether Stevie had eaten green beans, the shoelaces, whether SJ saw the boys, whether TH took DJ home, then had a period of time he can't consistently account for, which directly conflicts with DJ and JMBs stories of the times they saw him. I am ashamed to say I suspected JMB initially because he's sort of an odd guy, but after a few years of following the case, I am sorry I jumped to an unfounded conclusion. After all, it is the same sort of prejudice that cause the WM3 to be convicted. TH has a major anger management issue, and seems (by all accounts I have seen) to be capable of violence.

Trust me CL, I am NOT belittling TH's behaviour towards women in any way. As a matter of fact, I was holding back. Quite a lot. Nor did I intend to give you a bashing, or percieve your response as a bashing towards myself! Not at all!

I am not going to speculate regarding what PH may or may not have known about any previous allegations made against TH, and I didn't percieve that that was what you were talking about either tbh.

Okay, then let's be frank about the psychological diagnosis. There's probably people reading this forum that have been diagnosed with disorders or disabilities. When you have a diagnose, and it's being tossed around as to explain why people kill children, it's damn awful to read and further ostrizes people that suffer from mental illness. In no way do I mean this as a personal bashing towards you. I'm just asking everyone to be careful when posting about stuff like that.

And yes, LE should have done all of this. That's why we're still discussing all of this.

Yes, thank you everyone - all's well (kind of) - took my daughter to hosp. concerned about her 'tonsilitis' (her GP diagnosed this a dew days ago) - turns out she has mono, poor kid.

I honestly don't mean to sound as prickly as I sometimes do, and ofc anyone can discuss anything they please. Just, I do think TH is very unlikely to have DID. And if he did, his fight response would probably be overwhelmed by flight response a bit more often.. Here is not the space to go on about it too much.. but to the best of my knowledge, DID itself is a 'flight' response from trauma. It's nothing, in my experience and knowledge, at all like the 'Jeckyll & Hyde' thing you see on TV (or in reality, very often nothing much like the 'revolving door' personality thing, which I tend to eyeball a bit, seen too many attention seekers doing that to buy it on first look). I'm not really offended by the theory as much in a great deal of skepticism about it.

As to how a person can do something like this.. I was reading some threads here last night, cases from Aus regarding parents killing their own kids with long-term neglect, and with violence.. and I am thinking.. wondering.. HOW people can do this. The dad in the neglect case was on 160K a year, nice professional job he went to every day, and his home was literally waist-high in garbage and filth and excrement up the walls. He watched his wife create this, he watched his son be born (no hospital!) amid this, watched his child suffer from sickness and die in this... HOW? People are just capable of some terrifying things which make no sense at all, is the conclusion I can make sometimes.

Then there's the homicidal pedos and delusional psychotics, for whom killing is as easy as breathing. And there's more of those about than I can stand to ponder. Point being, sometimes killing doesn't involve anything more complex than an out of control temper (psychotic or otherwise) and the wrong "trigger" on the wrong day. And sometimes a killer can be the person who aslo is great at acting, and you'd never in a million years spot him...until the rock gets turned over.

Hobbs has a record of hard drug use, interpersonal violence, knee-jerk reaction incredibly serious assaults...and there's people with a lot less history than that who've committed heinous murders.

I would like nothing better than for this case to fully re-opened, and Hobbs and a few others put under a microscope. On that, I 100% agree with y'all. :) The way it's been left hanging is shameful. It guarantees NObody gets justice, or any answers.

^ I completely agree with all of the above! :)

Hope your daughter gets well soon!

Hobbs is a great suspect for some very good reasons, and while there's already several threads here regarding him, I thought it would be good to include him in this little series of posts outlining who the best suspects are and ---why exactly-- these people are still relevant as suspects in these murders.

PLEASE NOTE: It's not really the place for hot debate and endless quibbling -- there's many other threads for that. I am after here, a collection of reasons why Hobbs IS a good suspect -- please refrain from derailing it.

I also ask folks to stick to known facts and logical conclusions drawn from evidence.

Anyway, I realise there's people here who have researched Hobbs far more deeply than I have, so to them I give the floor, except for this brief, initial list that, IMO, makes him a good suspect:

-- Terry Hobbs is, indisputably, capable of inflicting extreme violence on the people around him.

-- Hobbs' alibi is not a strong one.

-- The hair in the knot of a victim other than his own step-son.
Dear Ausgirl: I was reading all of the different threads about TH being considered a possible suspect and when I started back on this thread which you started I can say one thing for sure: it definitely has not been derailed! There are over 20 pages of replies from websleuths that are seriously considering the possibility of TH being a good suspect. Thank you for starting this thread!

Dear Ausgirl: I was reading all of the different threads about TH being considered a possible suspect and when I started back on this thread which you started I can say one thing for sure: it definitely has not been derailed! There are over 20 pages of replies from websleuths that are seriously considering the possibility of TH being a good suspect. Thank you for starting this thread!

Wow I just had the chance to watch the bite mark video and just it's pretty convincing, TH could have done the bite. Especially the part about his missing tooth and the lack of an impression on that side of SB's head. Great video for sleuthers

Thanks really goes to the die-hard HobbsDunnit crowd, who've explored so many angles. Some of which I concur with, some I really don't. But at least it's getting discussed.

I wish some of the other suspects (who IMO are also right up there on the list, Hobbs to me is not set in stone!) were getting discussed/sleuthed half as much. There's actually other Viable Suspect threads I've been meaning to make but just keep forgetting to...

Anyways, yep, this is a good one. :) What I really like about this corner of the forum is that people (mostly) can flat out disagree and stay civil at the same time. It's (mostly) extremely refreshing.

This is my 100th post, I was expecting the WM3 to be exonerated, and the real perp. to be behind bars by now. Just joking!

Ausgirl wrote:

As to how a person can do something like this.. I was reading some threads here last night, cases from Aus regarding parents killing their own kids with long-term neglect, and with violence.. and I am thinking.. wondering.. HOW people can do this. The dad in the neglect case was on 160K a year, nice professional job he went to every day, and his home was literally waist-high in garbage and filth and excrement up the walls. He watched his wife create this, he watched his son be born (no hospital!) amid this, watched his child suffer from sickness and die in this... HOW? People are just capable of some terrifying things which make no sense at all, is the conclusion I can make sometimes.

Graznik wrote:

^ I completely agree with all of the above!

Perhaps it only starts making sense when you look at it with a magnifying glass, and not just scratching on the surface. Here is a story of a very brave woman, who decided to look a bit closer at what was happening. I've picked out this story because once again there are many resemblances to things we are talking about in this case.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/do...eight-year-old-son-finally-told-me-his-secret

Ausgirl wrote:

Then there's the homicidal pedos and delusional psychotics, for whom killing is as easy as breathing. And there's more of those about than I can stand to ponder. Point being, sometimes killing doesn't involve anything more complex than an out of control temper (psychotic or otherwise) and the wrong "trigger" on the wrong day. And sometimes a killer can be the person who aslo is great at acting, and you'd never in a million years spot him...until the rock gets turned over.

If people just need a bad temper and a switch to kill someone, then that is exactly along the lines of the conviction of the WM3. The satanic thrill kill, diagnosed by Jerry Driver, Judge Burnett, and the rest of his "clowns" (as TH would say). Killing is not a human recreational activity! Hatred or aggression is not something that just happens, it can be motivated by many things. The only unmotivated killings I've seen, are conducted by people who have an organic/physical/psychological disorder which hampers their cognitive ability. If you really come to the conclusion that people "just kill", then you don't need to look at any other viable suspects, just say the WM3 were guilty. After all, qualified people put them behind bars. We won't find any answers if we don't want to see them, that's for sure!

Wow I just had the chance to watch the bite mark video and just it's pretty convincing, TH could have done the bite. Especially the part about his missing tooth and the lack of an impression on that side of SB's head. Great video for sleuthers

Yes it's very good. Thank you CR for posting it!

Perhaps it only starts making sense when you look at it with a magnifying glass, and not just scratching on the surface. Here is a story of a very brave woman, who decided to look a bit closer at what was happening. I've picked out this story because once again there are many resemblances to things we are talking about in this case.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/do...eight-year-old-son-finally-told-me-his-secret

Ausgirl wrote:

If people just need a bad temper and a switch to kill someone, then that is exactly along the lines of the conviction of the WM3. The satanic thrill kill, diagnosed by Jerry Driver, Judge Burnett, and the rest of his "clowns" (as TH would say). Killing is not a human recreational activity! Hatred or aggression is not something that just happens, it can be motivated by many things. The only unmotivated killings I've seen, are conducted by people who have an organic/physical/psychological disorder which hampers their cognitive ability. If you really come to the conclusion that people "just kill", then you don't need to look at any other viable suspects, just say the WM3 were guilty. After all, qualified people put them behind bars. We won't find any answers if we don't want to see them, that's for sure!

^ This is not what I was saying at all. And I actually think I made that pretty plain. I was saying: one does not need to be a child *advertiser censored* mogul with DID to murder three young boys.

The 'switch' you are talking about is what prompts someone to say, gun down their brother in law rather than call the police if feeling things might escalate. I was NOT saying such crimes are "motiveless" - I was saying that some people do not NEED a lot of motive. People murder other people every single day over the smallest of things -- being too slow in traffic, serving dinner slightly cold, an mildly insulting comment, all kinds of small events that "trigger" homicidal rage, in people prone to it. "homicidal rage" is not on any list anywhere as a symptom of DID.

And that's the real point i was making. To me, there's a great deal of unquestionable proof that Hobbs possesses just such a violent, unpredictable temper and a lack of control so that he will act on it in violent ways. There's concrete proof he will humiliate and terrorise people who merely annoy him.

There's questionable proof that he might have molested his own daughter.

There's NO proof, IMO, that Hobbs suffered DID. Zero proof. And with everything I know about this disorder, it makes zero sense to speculate on Hobbs having it.

And as for the microscope... I have no problem with that. I just think some parts of the Hiobbsdunnit theory are starting to resemble a work of fiction, being based in few to no facts. It's less about "not wanting to see" than about seeing, and reaching vastly different conclusions as to what is fact, what is reasonable speculation based on fact, and what is speculative fiction.

Thanks to all posters for the great posts in this thread. This video is a deal breaker for me. I worked as a dental tech for 40 years before retiring. Your teeth are as unique as your fingerprints. you can do a search on that. I had several dentists tell me that over the years. The partial is also unique to him as it was hand made by a human from the impression the Dr took and sent to the lab. Someone also posted, and I apologize I can't remember who, that they thought it might be Jason because he had a twisted tooth. If you look at pics of him when it happened he had spaces (diastemas) between his teeth and all of his teeth. Had it been Jason there would have been deep red marks in all the places he bit with spaces between because he had his natural teeth. One thing I would like to know that I missed is how did they get that partial?

One thing I would like to know that I missed is how did they get that partial?

I believe it was found in a lockbox by PH or one of her sisters, or something along those lines.

I believe it was found in a lockbox by PH or one of her sisters, or something along those lines.

The fact that he kept it locked in a box, to me, was a huge red flag along with oh..about two dozen other red flags.
I just wanted to add.. there was a part in the video where the presenter said there were other bite marks on the victims that "could" be human bite marks that were missed but haven't been compared to the partial. Did anyone else get that from the video? I'd be real interested if all the ones attributed to human would match up.

How did that partial get to that dentist? Don't get me wrong I do believe it belonged to TH.

How did that partial get to that dentist? Don't get me wrong I do believe it belonged to TH.

I don't think the actual partial was ever provided to Dr. Cowart. Instead, he worked with photographs.

grace60 wrote:

Graznik wrote:

I don't think the actual partial was ever provided to Dr. Cowart. Instead, he worked with photographs.

Quote from PH declaration:

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/p_hobbs_declaration1.html

"65. Terry also had a strong fireproof lockbox which he locked and kept at the top of our closet. On one occasion in 2004, a boy Jo Lynn was dating pried open the box. The only thing in the box was Terry's partial denture, a little bitty necklace that had a 1984 penny on it, and a marble. Jo Lynn and I discussed why Terry would lock up a partial denture. The only explanation we could come up with was that he did not want anyone to compare his dental imprint to what some people believed were bite marks on certain victims of the Murders"

The partials were then given to Dan Stidham in 2004. Quote taken from:

http://maraleveritt.com/category/wm3/

"Pam Hobbs gave the partial denture to Judge Dan Stidham. She no longer trusted the West Memphis police. Judge Stidham kept the partial denture in his personal safe."

The photo of the partial with the Marlboro box must have been taken at this time. TH identified his partial on this photo in the police interview in 2007:

Officer: Sheet number 1 here I'm gonna show you here, uhh there's a cigarette box and it looks like uhh, it looks like maybe some partial dentures.

Terry Hobbs: I had one that looked like that.

Officer: Do you still have it?

Terry Hobbs: No, Jolyne and Pam took it and gave it to Damien's attorney's

Other Officer: Do you smoke Mallburrows?

Terry Hobbs: I, I did at the time.

Officer: K, Umm, this is a uhh, a more blown up picture, of, with the same set.

Terry HObbs: This was made in Blytheville Arkansas by the, a dentist up there.

Officer: That look like

Terry Hobbs: That looks like mine, yeah

Taken from:

http://callahan.8k.com/pdf/t_hobbs_interview.pdf

Thanks to all posters for the great posts in this thread. This video is a deal breaker for me. I worked as a dental tech for 40 years before retiring. Your teeth are as unique as your fingerprints. you can do a search on that. I had several dentists tell me that over the years. The partial is also unique to him as it was hand made by a human from the impression the Dr took and sent to the lab. Someone also posted, and I apologize I can't remember who, that they thought it might be Jason because he had a twisted tooth. If you look at pics of him when it happened he had spaces (diastemas) between his teeth and all of his teeth. Had it been Jason there would have been deep red marks in all the places he bit with spaces between because he had his natural teeth. One thing I would like to know that I missed is how did they get that partial?

Some good points you made here!

Justiceseeker wrote:

The fact that he kept it locked in a box, to me, was a huge red flag along with oh..about two dozen other red flags.
I just wanted to add.. there was a part in the video where the presenter said there were other bite marks on the victims that "could" be human bite marks that were missed but haven't been compared to the partial. Did anyone else get that from the video? I'd be real interested if all the ones attributed to human would match up.

Agreed!

Mr Paid did an excellent job.
This is damning evidence IMO. I wonder how TH is going to talk his way out of this one."It wasn't me, it was the partials"

My partials haven't bitten anyone lately, but then again I don't let them out on their own.

2 things in the lock box fell out of his head. The marble and the partial. That partial was useless to everyone except the defense:happydance:. He probably thought he could sell the metal. It was made from a non precious metal. I've had friends over the years called me when a parent died to ask if a partial was worth keeping. Unless it's yellow gold it's useless. I wonder if the defense team (now) has any dental records. I'd like to know when he got his first full denture. He's wearing one now. Last I knew the Dr had to keep the records for 6 yrs from the last time the patient visited the office. Some keep them longer and put them in a storage room. Labs last I knew had to keep them at least 4 years but the Dr's keep a copy of the work orders for labs in their files.

Of interest to me is that, along with the partial, the necklace with the rather telling coin from 1984 and the marble!

If the partial can be matched 100% up to evidence at the crime scene -- why isn't Hobbs sitting in prison already? Serious question.

Has this partial been given to a forensic dentist for comparison to crime scene pictures? If not - why not? If such evidence turns up, would the WMPD be forced to reopen the case as if it is "unsolved"? Would they allow such an investigation, even with new evidence of the sort?

It just seems like a rather massive bit of incriminating evidence, if the teeth match up. Even partially. If someone with some clout in the courts could analyse it -- then added to the hair, added to circumstantial evidence, that could be more than enough for a conviction, no? Or at least, an arrest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member