Viable suspect: Terry Hobbs #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ausgirl- brilliant as usual! A civil lawsuit may be just what could work to get this reopened or at least a part of it. JMO

Well, it could be a very good chance to air some of the new evidence, in a place where it matters. Of course, someone would have to be willing to initiate the case and see it through, and that new evidence would have to have all the i's dotted and t's crossed, expert witnesses, people against whom it'd be hard to argue.

Somehow, I think it's unlikely to happen - but it *would* be good, if it did.

Is it just me - or is anyone a bit disturbed by that bolded part... It's like the deaths of these children have become a cottage industry. Enough is enough, wot.

About the "4-volume journal". I think Userid made a pretty fair point about establishing whether they actually were started the same day. I wonder if the entries are undated and that's why the lawyer didn't simply point to a date and say "NO, you DID start it on, blah blahblah" Though I am still not sure what it's even meant to prove, unless there's boasty references to child murder. But I bet there's not.

You know, I follow the Zahau case. I wonder why, if JMB is so convinced Hobbs dunnit, he doesn't bring a civil suit against Hobbs. If it isn't somehow completely stymied by the WM3 case and all the legal BS with it, it could be the only way any of this 'evidence' gets aired in a court in anybody's lifetime. If Hobbs (or anyone else) could *civilly* be found guilty, could that not be fuel for the case to re-open on a criminal level?

I am pretty ignorant of American law, so if I'm way off base, I'd like to hear why.

I think the reasons why the journals were brought up in the pasdar depositions was they were trying to show how statements that their client made about TH were public knowledge. That Pasdar was rehashing old statements made by PH, and her family including some items that TH actually states in his journals. They also brought up if he sold his life story to Dimension films and sold his story to the makers of Paradise Lost that somehow makes him a public figure thus weakening his law suit?. That was my take away. Right PH and JMB should bring a civil suit against him. The WM3 can't sue the state of Arkansas for false imprisonment and force them to reopen the case, but the victims' parents can sue for TH wrongful death I think.
I agree it's horrible its become a cottage industry. Reminds me of how all those vultures were going to make millions off of Caylee Anthony's death.

I agree it's horrible its become a cottage industry. Reminds me of how all those vultures were going to make millions off of Caylee Anthony's death.

I think books and films are fair enough, if someone's truly trying to prove something (innocence/guilt/etc) or right an injustice. But it's just come to a point now where I'm like "Hey WM3 ( by which I primarily mean 'Echols'), get a job" -- surely they could create income sources for themselves that are removed from this case by now? Let alone anyone else directly involved or otherwise. Publishing/film/TV companies. Who receive the lion's share of any profits anyway..

Thanks for the reminder about Pasdar, JS.

I am under the impression that all those "idk" answers were on direction of a lawyer. It just looks like a legal tactic, to me.

I think Hobbs is downright scum, mind you, and would not put any lie past him. I'm just cautious about claiming things as evidence of guilt, when I can't really see it that way with any clarity.

Fact is, we don't know if Hobbs wrote before that day, we don't know if his last journal was full and he just happened to need to start a new one. we really do not know if this was the act of a guilty conscience with nobody to talk to about it. But if those journals were evidence of guilt, I would expect Hobbs to have had a convenient bonfire, iykwim. Just the fact they're in that courtroom makes me think he was pretty sure they were not too damning.

The last thing a lawyer wants is a client that guesses at answers. A typical instruction tells a client "I don't want you to guess. If you don't know, don't guess. For example, a client was once asked how much time elapsed between the time you heard the tires screech and the time you were struck from behind. That client answered a couple of minutes. A clear guess because they didn't know and when confronted with silence while timing it on a watch, the witness stopped the attorney before it got to 5 seconds and said, no, it wasn't even that long. Conversely, don't take it to extremes. If you know, state as much. To answer everything with I don't know gives the impression that you are hiding something or the facts are not in your favor. For example, a client was once asked, do you remember being in an accident to which the client answered I don't know. Well, obviously they know. Answering as such is a clear indication of culpability or fault."

So was it a legal tactic? To an extent. Is that the first line of defense by many criminals? Absolutely. His claims of not knowing clearly aren't a smoking gun of guilt, but they are certainly indicia of guilt. Sometimes, in these cases, that is all you ultimately have to go on. The question is, are there enough indicia of guilt to even open the case (I think so), bring charges (only an investigation could determine) or find guilt.

Regarding a civil suit, I'm sure the statute of limitations has long passed. While murder cases in the criminal context don't have a statute of limitations, wrongful death cases in the civil context do have limitation periods.

Just to confirm, an Arkansas attorney stated (on Facebook, IIRC) that the statute of limitations for a civil suit has, in fact, passed. Again, IIRC, it was a mere five years. Sorry, but, IMO, there shouldn't be a statute of limitations for wrongful death, but I can't control that! At any rate, I agree that the case needs to be reopened and that TH needs to be investigated. Again, IMO, the only way to make that happen is to keep pressure on the State of Arkansas. Again, as I've said before, maybe the new regime that will take control in January will be amenable to our desire. Only time will tell!

I think in maybe March? Anonymous is having a protest there.

That could be beneficial, too. I am still hoping that the new Governor and/or Attorney General may want to take up this case as a way to damage the reputation of the previous ones. Both offices changed from Democratic to Republican in the mid term elections.

IIRC, TH was sat in the car and watched DM and JMB talking to the Police. A short time later, he walked into the "Catfish Island", walked straight past PH "his wife", did not ask her if she had seen the three boys since he had taken her to work at 5pm, and then RANG UP THE POLICE ? Life is a "STAGE!"

I was going to start a new thread with this video, but it fits here quite well. It's about 28 minutes long and is a revision of an old video. The "author" is a general dentist, and I believe you'll find it interesting. Enjoy! (Yes, I have his permission to share!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08g7evIHbJI
CR- this is very compelling. to the point i truly believe it deserves its own thread. very good find! there's also a part 2 to this video that can be found on the doctor's channel and further explains teeth #7 and #10. i would love to discuss this video separately and more in depth. thank you for posting it. i almost didn't find it buried in this thread.

See that bite mark to me and the hair in the knot was the most damning thing to point to TH direct involvement in the violence committed to SB.

It is also much more "evidence" that directly links one suspect to the crimes than any other potential suspect! Reopen the case! Investigate TH!

BTW, I'm sure everyone has seen this, but, just in case, check out the affidavit of Sharon Nelson, one of TH's old (after the murders) girlfriends:

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/s_nelson_affidavit.html

I've never been quite sure what to make of that statement. The allegations about him finding the bodies before picking Pam up from work are really out there, to say the least, and I wonder why on earth he would tell her that if it was true. It would be stupid beyond belief.

I don't know what to make of it, either. However, it's very interesting, if true, given that it was made before the bodies were discovered. Also, SN has no reason to lie. If she's lying, I can only opine that it was to garner her 15 minutes. Since the statement was made years later, I guess that's not likely. Maybe she didn't want to tell what she knew at the time because she didn't want to implicate TH.

Yes, it's definitely interesting. It's something quite different. She might not have a reason to lie, but people do lie for no apparent reason at all. Or maybe, just maybe, it was a small part of THs conscience that he slip just that one time. Lord knows.

Maybe it was TH who was lying....I'm just saying, it's possible. I mean, an extraordinarily high amount of people have lied about stranger things pertaining to this very case -- JM being the obvious example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat