Viable suspect: Terry Hobbs #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im also wondering why the murderer found it necessary to castrate Chris Byers...why not the rest of the two boys unless the murderer (s) didnt have time

According to Dr. Werner Spitz and Dr. John Nordby (forensic and anatomic pathologist and forensic scientist respectively) they conclude that... the horrific genital wounds on Chris Beyers were the result of... post-mortem animal predation.

Have you seen the bite mark comparison to TWH's partial dentures? IMO, they're a perfect match to the bite mark on Steven's eyebrow. The pictures are on Facebook somewhere. I'd find the link, but I've got to go to sleep! Maybe I can find it tomorrow.

Please post link, thanks.

Also were the woods heavy with mosquitoes that day? I know even kids dont want to be bothered with mosquitoes. How about those razors...were any of them used? Could probably get some dna if they were used.
Im sorry if I seem all over the place. I just started getting interested in this case and the Good Hart murders.
I cant follow the time line of events leading up to the discovery of the boys

Right, and that's surely because during the door to door questioning Bobby Posey reported "Chris said daddy whipped him + was going to run away... Chris left + dad came to door + asked Carlos where Chris on Goodwin + Dad stated going to have to whip him again" and police would've been remiss not to follow that potential lead, particuarly given the fact that Byers had been arrested for conspiracy to commit felony cocaine distribution while carrying a dangerous weapon less than a year prior to the murders. Granted, the police should've gotten a timeline on record for Hobbs just in case evidence was uncovered to justify investigating him, but there was never any evidence to justify police putting any other parent under the same scrutiny as Byers was, Hobbs or otherwise.

Hobbs has a violent past, even shot a man = justification for scrutiny

Hobbs has a violent past, even shot a man = justification for scrutiny

I had a thought today and just a thought- Let's put aside the emasculation of CB just for a second (and chalk it up to animals). I've heard of killers whose intended target is placed amongst a pack of seemingly random other people just to muddy the waters. Suppose that TH wanted to kill his stepson (motive is probably too complicated to understand and one for a psychologist) but that in and of itself would point the finger at him. If he were to kill a group of children like the three victims then it would muddy the waters just as intended. Then they might look at all kinds of suspects. TH can play into the town rumors about devil worship and occultism really rile up the scare factor. He also danced in and out of the woods that night enough times just to be "seen" and act like he was searching but had enough time to hide evidence make things look how he wanted them to. Then when the police and detectives are scratching their heads about who did it he can head out of town before anyone really looks into him.

Yep - especially as he's one of *very few* people observed to be wet and muddy, and the ONLY one wet, muddy and covered in blood also. No way did *any*one put those boys in the water and NOT get soaked at least from the waist down, and covered in mud. And very probably, blood as well.

So the killer either brought some spare clothes (implying some heavy pre-med), or walked/drove away covered in mud (even if he washed the blood off, he'd still be wet and muddy-footed). So to me, whoever was at any point seen anywhere near those woods and muddy needs to be looked at, very hard.

For TH here's what I got for possible motives based on what I've read and watched

1- child molestation gone horribly wrong- spontaneous murders- could be done alone or with accomplice- This could be where JKM fits in.

2- physical abuse gone too far- spontaneous murders- probably done alone- PH statements about how TH treated the children.

3- children witnessed buying, selling or taking of drugs by TH and were silenced- spontaneous murder- likely done with accomplice and/or witnesses,- This could be where the Bojangle man fits in or another of the drug community. JMB has been a known informant and CB was his step son.

4-children witnessed TH having sex with another person (man or woman) and were silenced- spontaneous murder- likely done with accomplice and/or witness, This could be where David Jacoby fits in and some of the witness statements about the two of them.

5-children killed in a plot to remove his stepson from his life and obscured who did it by killing the group- premeditated murder- likely done alone and doesn't necessarily have to be done in the woods. This could be where PH statement about TH fits in.

what fits with the time line? -after PH is dropped off, while kids are still out playing, lack of sister Amanda as a witness (being watched over at Jacoby's house) and if done alone has to be confident he can control all three children.

Right but would it be plausible that little Stevie would get the most of TH's violence?

Right but would it be plausible that little Stevie would get the most of TH's violence?
If you take away the genital mutilation of CB and just entertain that is was animal predation then Stevie did get the most violent attack to his head, face, ears and the bite marks.

I think the problem is that the emasculation is so horrible it's hard to see beyond it. Everyone says of course CB had it the worst because of that but.. I'm willing to bet if I had the crime photos of the boys wounds and face shots (and I can't a lot of them) and lined them up. I'd say yep, SB got it the worst.

Yes, I agree. SB was more violently attacked, if the genital injury was animal predation, which I believe it was.

Was in Memphis for a couple of years. Can safely say that race relations where, well I'll say different there. Very nice people and for the most part all races got along but all were, I guess for lack of a better word, very up front about various races.

Angeleyez210:

As far as a motive for Bojangles goes: If the WMPD had investigated him, we might know who he was, then we might have known his motive.

Even if not motive, he might have and still have invaluable information about what happened that night. My guess is he was scared to death afterwards and no way he was going to come forward voluntarily. LE's dropping the ball with Mr. Bojangles as a suspect or a witness are inexcusable.

I honestly think TH and Co. Made Bojangles mess with those kids...and at some moment something got out of hand or Bojangles refused to comply and got shot and ran away
.thats just my opinion

You know what the boys didnt have any defensive wounds did they like skin under the nails or any skin from biting their attacker (s)

Are there alot of truckers that go pass the area where the incident happened?

Yes. The closest business to the site of the children's bodies was a Blue Beacon Truck Wash.

Anyone who's driven through West Memphis on I-30 knows the place is positively swarming with 18 wheelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321