Viable suspect: Terry Hobbs #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to remember that it appears the police . . wanted evidence to fit the guys they wanted to convict. JMO
After initial total confusion it turned into typical suspect driven investigation, much like West of Memphis was, rather than evidence led. In both cases the three victims and their families appear to have been side-lined and still are. And this is 'justice' West Memphis style?

The only way that any of this makes any sense is that something was going on somewhere that encouraged wmpd to whip up a massive a 'diversion' with this case and that the obvious suspect could possibly have rocked the proverbial boat by knowing a bit of dirt that could potentially be exposed, thus starting a domino effect of exponential force!

Drugs? Sexual sleaze /peversion? Fiscal impropriety? Or a combination of all three spread over more than just the West Memphis area? And no one person involved in all three but solid 'trickle down' of covering the back of the person above on the rungs of all the different 'ladders'? It all seems to suggest a single 'Mr. Big' at the top of these multi stranded ladders of protection. Not a pretty picture and a rather terrifying possible cast list!

Interesting that Mara Leveritt's other book 'Boys on the Tracks' could be a part of the bigger picture too!!

This bloody case is turning me into someone who could possibly subscribe, for a moment, to the whole conspiracy theory mindset - something pretty rare in the UK! ONLY this case could have brought this about. My sense of 'fair play' is offended at the way the families of the three victims have been so marginalised. 'Justice' obviously means something very different to different people.

ALL of the above is merely my own opinion that has taken a good while to evolve as I slowly learnt more and more about how things went down. I am talking years here.

**With apologies to mods if the use of 'bloody' is seen as too offensive. Feel free (!) to edit out and replace with 'terrible' or 'travesty of a'. Although neither of these reflect my deep anger as well!

Two random thoughts:

Does TH have the personality (or guts) to give a death bed confession?
I don't think he does, but one never knows.

Also, (not saying I buy into this, but) I would love to find a medium, who speaks English and knows absolutely nothing about the case other than the names of the victims, taken to WM to attempt to shed some light on the subject by working their woo.

I watched Devil's Knot last night. I also read this entire thread. In the movie, a cop asks for hair and blood samples from terry and Pam shortly after the crime. This must not have occurred as surely it would have been mentioned by you astute sleuths, correct?

After initial total confusion it turned into typical suspect driven investigation, much like West of Memphis was, rather than evidence led. In both cases the three victims and their families appear to have been side-lined and still are. And this is 'justice' West Memphis style?

The only way that any of this makes any sense is that something was going on somewhere that encouraged wmpd to whip up a massive a 'diversion' with this case and that the obvious suspect could possibly have rocked the proverbial boat by knowing a bit of dirt that could potentially be exposed, thus starting a domino effect of exponential force!

Drugs? Sexual sleaze /peversion? Fiscal impropriety? Or a combination of all three spread over more than just the West Memphis area? And no one person involved in all three but solid 'trickle down' of covering the back of the person above on the rungs of all the different 'ladders'? It all seems to suggest a single 'Mr. Big' at the top of these multi stranded ladders of protection. Not a pretty picture and a rather terrifying possible cast list!

Interesting that Mara Leveritt's other book 'Boys on the Tracks' could be a part of the bigger picture too!!

This bloody case is turning me into someone who could possibly subscribe, for a moment, to the whole conspiracy theory mindset - something pretty rare in the UK! ONLY this case could have brought this about. My sense of 'fair play' is offended at the way the families of the three victims have been so marginalised. 'Justice' obviously means something very different to different people.

ALL of the above is merely my own opinion that has taken a good while to evolve as I slowly learnt more and more about how things went down. I am talking years here.

**With apologies to mods if the use of 'bloody' is seen as too offensive. Feel free (!) to edit out and replace with 'terrible' or 'travesty of a'. Although neither of these reflect my deep anger as well!

I too am not one for conspiracy theories, but I make an exception in this case. Sometimes I wonder if any of the defense teams ever looked into the sons (teenage or older) of high ranking West Memphis officials and/or police officers.

I watched Devil's Knot last night. I also read this entire thread. In the movie, a cop asks for hair and blood samples from terry and Pam shortly after the crime. This must not have occurred as surely it would have been mentioned by you astute sleuths, correct?

Looking at the evidence list here, http://www.jivepuppi.com/evidence_lists.html E159 and E162 I can confirm that. It seems the samples were taken but not tested.

Also, (not saying I buy into this, but) I would love to find a medium, who speaks English and knows absolutely nothing about the case other than the names of the victims, taken to WM to attempt to shed some light on the subject by working their woo.

It's funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing, and was wondering if this was ever done.

So I watched west of memphis yesterday and I gotta say some of the scenes TH looks scared. When he's in the court room, when they find the bodies and he lights a cigarette by the wheel of the car. Sometimes I think he looks real scared he'll be found out. And unfortunately I don't see a confession happening any time soon. Maybe a death bed confession because you gotta think if DE got death row...he would for sure.

We really do seem to be picking up the same waves!! I can't really see a confession though, not even a re-incarnated one!!!

My only hope is that his upbringing (strict fundamentalist/pentecostal religion) might eventually get to TH and bring about a confession. Of course, it could be that he totally rebelled against his upbringing, too. Boy, this thread has gotten interesting!

BTW, let me add my kudos for the new layout!:clap:

Looking at the evidence list here, http://www.jivepuppi.com/evidence_lists.html E159 and E162 I can confirm that. It seems the samples were taken but not tested.

It's funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing, and was wondering if this was ever done.

WOW, I bet you are correct in that it was never tested. What if they did not test it? They could compare it to the hair found in the ligature!

Even more spine-shivers after reading this: http://coldcasecameron.com/killers-timeline/1990-1999/
I had never heard about the 1955 Chicago Triple Murder in Robinson Woods Park.

That info is bizarre! I had never heard of Edwards before. I was watching Paradise Lost on YouTube and a commenter had stated that the the actual killer is Edwards, the old man with a cane in the cemetery scene. I had no idea what he was referring to until I read the info from the site you posted. I am still trying to get caught up with this case and now I find out about Edwards! I just received West of Memphis from Netflix and going to watch tonight.

Cemetery scene (38:00) in case new posters have not seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NNdCP9z2cM

That info is bizarre! I had never heard of Edwards before. I was watching Paradise Lost on YouTube and a commenter had stated that the the actual killer is Edwards, the old man with a cane in the cemetery scene. I had no idea what he was referring to until I read the info from the site you posted. I am still trying to get caught up with this case and now I find out about Edwards! I just received West of Memphis from Netflix and going to watch tonight.

Cemetery scene (38:00) in case new posters have not seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NNdCP9z2cM

How do we know that guy is ed edwards? It is a bit strange that the camera goes off the Byers and films Mr. Joe Citizen for several seconds. He strikes me as too feeble to be the perp in WM, but who knows. ed edwards died in 2011.

Color me skeptical. I fear that the clip of the man with the cane was inserted into the documentary by someone other than Bruce or Joe (or anyone from HBO, for that matter). Someone who has a copy of PL from HBO (when originally aired) needs to watch it and see. I've got the DVD, of course, but it could have been corrupted. I keep meaning to watch it again and be on the lookout for "Fat Cane Man." Maybe tonight. BTW, how could a guy that incapacitated corral three active eight-year-old boys? I think Edwards was a "serial confessor."

Do people honestly believe that story? That this one guy was responsible for all of the most unsolved murders in this country?

In case you were wondering, the monster has a website: http://www.terryhobbs.com/

At the bottom, it is mentioned his daughter has been clean and sober for a year, grats to her, but holy smokes, is there anyone in that community who doesn't have or didn't have a substance abuse problem?

Userid:
Do people honestly believe that story? That this one guy was responsible for all of the most unsolved murders in this country?

....mmmm no. I'm too old to believe things like this nowadays. When I was younger I was very interested in the Search for ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence. Now I tend more towards the Search for Intelligence on Planet Earth. Or even the Search for Emotional Intelligence on Planet Earth.

What fascinated me was the Chicago triple murder in 1955. Three boys killed and dumped naked in a ditch at Robinson Woods Park. On paper, the similarity is really eerie. I had never heard about this. For anyone interested there is a book about this case: Shattered Sense of Innocence: The 1955 Murders of Three Chicago Children by Elmer H Johnson & Carol Holmes.
Certainly going to put it on my "to read" list.

Compassionate Reader:
I think Edwards was a "serial confessor."

Yes I agree. As a composer/musician I certainly know about people stealing other people's work. So stealing other people's murders is not so far away I suppose! The mind boggles!

AGettler:
WOW, I bet you are correct in that it was never tested. What if they did not test it? They could compare it to the hair found in the ligature!

OK. you talk the WMPD into testing the hair and I'll cover your back!!

Miranda!:
Erstens, viele Grüße aus England. Welcher Teil von Deutschland sind Sie?

Viele Grüße zurück nach England! Ich bin aus Bielefeld in NRW. Well actually you're going to laugh again Miranda!, I am from a small village in the north of England called Stillington, which is near Stockton-on-Tees. I was born and grew up there. I left for Germany when I was 18. I then lived in France for a short time before going back to Germany. I'm still a UK citizen, although I feel a bit more cosmopolitan these days.

Miranda!:
There is no paper work to show that the samples were ever sent to the labs.

Maybe the paper work got lost!

Miranda!:
BTW Love the new clean looking layout! A spell checker would have been a useful addition though!

Spell chuckers are for cowards!:happydance:

Compassionate Reader:
My only hope is that his upbringing (strict fundamentalist/pentecostal religion) might eventually get to TH and bring about a confession. Of course, it could be that he totally rebelled against his upbringing, too. Boy, this thread has gotten interesting!

It seems you've listed the perfect ingredients for a split/multiple personality here! With my very basic psychological knowledge, gained through books and personal experience, and the very few facts I have, this scenario comes to mind:

Father with a military background and training as a butcher, (this alone sends shivers down my spine), who leads a strict, fundamentalist, religious regime in his family.
Knowing that xx (name changed) strips down his stepson, and beats him with a belt while he is forced to hold his arms up in the air(1). We can presume that xx learnt this method at home. He most likely underwent this treatment himself. This was possibly carried out in front of friends/family to humiliate him. Maybe because xx was undisciplined or rebellious as you said, or perhaps he was a "softy" or weakling.

Father decides to make him work in the slaughterhouse to make a man out of him or to punish him. xx plays the part, but he hates his Father by now. He doesn't carry on the work in the slaughterhouse, in fact he doesn't work for his father at all, have they split? His brother seems to manage one of the 30 restaurants that their father owns (Put me right here, if anyone has other information).

Is the other brother the good son? Is there a Caine and Abel relationship between the brothers. Maybe that is why xx is so jealous. Could xx be showing his father that he is as good, or better than him, by slaughtering three children, placing their bodies in a place that could be connected to him, and leaving a trademark behind to prove it(bindings)?

(1) xx said he did this because he did not want to hurt the youngster's hands (Very empathetic)
Possibility 1: In the days of slavery, this method was used to make sure the victim could use his hands to work the nextday.
Possibility 2: The hands, arms of a child would show visible signs of abuse which other people could see.
Possibility 3: No self defense possible, the victim feels humiliated, vulnerable.

All speculation, just something to think about.

I always took the hands bit to mean they couldn't cover their bottoms with their hands to protect delicate skin. Hands are tougher.

I would have said the same thing - that's how it was back when beating children at school was acceptable. Hands out of the way, both to avoid cushioning the blows and the risk of broken fingers from the strap or cane. Same at home, in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme