Viable suspect: Terry Hobbs #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
zencompass, here's the link. http://animals.howstuffworks.com/insects/mosquito.htm Let me know if it doesn't work. BTW, I always understand your sentences, too.

Lethalmatthew, yes, I believe that JKM and TH knew each other. It's even possible that they (and someone else, possibly from LE) were in a pedophile ring. Sick, I know. As to why JKM incriminated TH, it could possibly be because he knew TH was "protected."

As to the bikes, I think that the boys rode them into the woods and the killer threw them into the Ten Mile Bayou to conceal the boys' whereabouts. IMO, it doesn't make sense that the killer would transport the bikes to the woods. If he moved them, why not to the Mississippi?

There are multiple theories as to why the victims were bound. To restrain them, to keep the limbs from floating up, to make the transport easier, etc. Maybe there was no practical reason at all, but the perp wanted to make this crime look like something it wasn’t.
I have just read Mindhunter by John Douglas. He devotes one chapter to murders committed by family members of the victims. The key in these crimes is staging. He mentions the murder of Linda Haney Dover. She was murdered in her house by her husband. He had tried to make the crime look like a sex crime, by raising the victim’s bra and exposing her genital area. However, there were no signs of sexual assault. In the West Memphis case, we have three victims who are really exposed by their bindings, but there are no signs of sexual assault. As I mentioned in the ‘What do the bodies tell us’-thread, I believe the three victims may have been swimming just prior to their attack. If the perpetrator would have been a pedophile, I believe that he would have sodomized the victims (perhaps not with his own genitals, as that would leave physical evidence behind, but with a stick or something). This hasn’t happened. So while this crime looks like a sex crime, it probably isn’t. That makes me lean stronger to TH as the perpetrator. After he had attacked the three boys, he had to cover up his crime. The first thing that popped in his mind, was to stage it as a sex crime. Even though he was raised in a very strict family, I’m sure he knew what kind of binding positions were used in the SM world. So he quickly took the laces from the shoes and started to bind the victims in these positions. Maybe his first idea was to leave the victims where he killed them, but then he later remembered that there may be physical evidence left on the bodies (like hair) that would incriminate him. So I think he went back later to move the bodies to the creek, where the water would wash away most of the evidence.

Again, the method used in binding the victims mimics the method used to move slaughtered hogs from the slaughterhouse to the truck or other method of transportation. This specific type of hog tying is specifically for transport, which is why I believe it was used by the killer for that purpose. IMO, the transport was for less than 200 feet. So, the shoe strings, though inadequate perhaps for longer transport, would work fine in this case. The whole sex angle was introduced, IMO, mainly because of the injuries to CB's genitals. If those injuries were, in fact, caused by animal predation (as several forensic experts maintain), then the sexual component to these murders is nonexistent. This supposition is why I don't think JKM was actively involved in the murders but may have helped with the cover up. JMO

Again, the method used in binding the victims mimics the method used to move slaughtered hogs from the slaughterhouse to the truck or other method of transportation. This specific type of hog tying is specifically for transport, which is why I believe it was used by the killer for that purpose. IMO, the transport was for less than 200 feet. So, the shoe strings, though inadequate perhaps for longer transport, would work fine in this case. The whole sex angle was introduced, IMO, mainly because of the injuries to CB's genitals. If those injuries were, in fact, caused by animal predation (as several forensic experts maintain), then the sexual component to these murders is nonexistent. This supposition is why I don't think JKM was actively involved in the murders but may have helped with the cover up. JMO
I was just reading again JKM thread and the way they were tied is also compatible with the way he described tying children for abuse purposes.
He also explains how to abuse without leaving evidence of that. But IMO both his and Hobbs "theories " make sense . Just one of them or both (if they knew each other ) also seems very plausible. MOO

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we got some answers on May 5, 2015 from the rally? I'm not going to go into a dark depression if we don't, but it's certainly time for answers! Maybe TH or JKM (or whoever) will show up and confess! We don't have long to wait, now:happydance:

http://www.jivepuppi.com/Terry_Hobbs.html

Reading on Hobbs so much these days I'm really puzzled with how fast the Hicks pointed the finger at him. In his Pasdar deposition Hobbs says the Hicks never liked him but anyway:
May 1993- murders
April /May 1994- trials and convictions of the WM3
November 1994- Hobbs shoots Pam's brother while they already said he was the one who did it.
Yes I know the JMB was pinpointed by his ex wife family really early on but I really find it odd how quickly things escalated with Pam's family saying Hobbs was the killer, so shortly after the supposed killers were convicted... I can't understand this really!

My heart really goes out to PH. She suspects that TH killed her son, but she stayed with him for about ten years after the murders. She suspects that TH physically/sexually abused her daughter, but TH gets to raise AH because of PH's problems. She has certainly had her share of difficulties. Now she is facing the prospect of further complications with the case. Although I sincerely want this case solved, I'm truly worried about PH. I hope someone is there for her. As to why the Hicks family pointed the finger at TH fairly early, IMO, that fact supports the statements by two of the Hicks girls and by MH (PH's mother) alleging both physical and sexual abuse of SB that he reported to them at earlier times, with explicit instructions to say nothing because it would cause trouble. JMO

I completely agree, Aynia and CR.

A lot of people question the later statements from the Hicks', although they had voiced suspicions pretty early on.

I think it's hard for most of us to imagine what someone would do, were we in their situation. Like CR, my heart goes out to PH too. Most mothers do what they think is best for their children, those who don't are very rare exceptions.
Abuse in and of itself, whether it's physical, mental or sexual, is just unfathomable to a vast majority of people. When there are suspicions of it occurring within your own family it's almost impossible to say how you would actually act. You don't always act like you think you would, and hindsight is always 20/20.

I was watching the scene when PH falls to the floor screaming and the whole thing is so weird. TH really doesn't drop his cigarette, but well he grabs her. One police officer keeps drinking his coca cola, JMB stands there fixing his hair ,that scene is stranger than fiction. My heart goes to PH too.

Yeah, I always found it pretty weird that he didn't just drop the cigarette and completely shelter her. But we shouldn't make mountains out of a molehill.

Yeah, I always found it pretty weird that he didn't just drop the cigarette and completely shelter her. But we shouldn't make mountains out of a molehill.
Yes I know, I don't take any conclusions from him not dropping it, it's not only him it's the whole scene that's so odd, everyone in it ,it's just hard to understand that's real and not something out of a movie. Unfortunately it was real.

Yes I know, I don't take any conclusions from him not dropping it, it's not only him it's the whole scene that's so odd, everyone in it ,it's just hard to understand that's real and not something out of a movie. Unfortunately it was real.

Yup, it's a pretty unreal scene for sure. Finding three little boys murdered is just nothing but unreal. How on earth would you react, being in a complete state of shock?! I think a lot of people, me included, can relate to Pam's reaction. However, that doesn't make anybody else's less real though.

Yes, everyone has his/her own way of dealing with such enormous grief. There were some parents of massacred Sandy Hook students who would smile in front of the camera when interviewed about their slain child. That smiling was reason enough for conspiracy theorists to say that it was all a hoax, because 'if that child was really murdered, the parent would have been crying'. I don't think any of those people has ever lost a child, so they better just shut up, JMO.

Yes, everyone has his/her own way of dealing with such enormous grief. There were some parents of massacred Sandy Hook students who would smile in front of the camera when interviewed about their slain child. That smiling was reason enough for conspiracy theorists to say that it was all a hoax, because 'if that child was really murdered, the parent would have been crying'. I don't think any of those people has ever lost a child, so they better just shut up, JMO.

Word.

I agree Lethalmatthew. None of us (unless we have lost a child) know exactly what we'd do. The lack of concern for PH exhibited by TH has long been a source of discussion. Smokers say that it's kinda instinctive to hold on to the cigarette, but it still seems strange to me. IIRC, PH and TH came to the scene a little later than JMB and some of the others. I think they (PH and TH) were at the school. So, maybe the others had had a little time to absorb the news. I remember one scene where JMB was slowly shaking his head from side to side in reaction to the news. MB wasn't shown. Maybe she had collapsed, too, but just not as dramatically as PH. Given the fact that men are generally less emotional than women, maybe that explains some of the male reactions. I still don't get TH actually letting PH slip through his grasp, though. IIRC, SB's natural father (SB, too) helped TH pick up PH. I think that's shown in one of the PL docs, probably the first one. All in all, it is a very surreal scene, to say the least!

I was watching the scene when PH falls to the floor screaming and the whole thing is so weird. TH really doesn't drop his cigarette, but well he grabs her. One police officer keeps drinking his coca cola, JMB stands there fixing his hair ,that scene is stranger than fiction. My heart goes to PH too.

Ok so this is weird. I rewatched PL3 last night and saw that scene. JMB is being told about the kids and is shaking his head back and forth then PH finds out and falls to the ground hysterically. TH and another man catch her but I do see him not dropping his cigarette. Then while another person is holding PH while she is on the ground TH is behind the wheel of a car looking sick and OMG lighting another cigarette. I see no empathy on his part at all! I get how men can be strong and all but sheesh.

Ok so this is weird. I rewatched PL3 last night and saw that scene. JMB is being told about the kids and is shaking his head back and forth then PH finds out and falls to the ground hysterically. TH and another man catch her but I do see him not dropping his cigarette. Then while another person is holding PH while she is on the ground TH is behind the wheel of a car looking sick and OMG lighting another cigarette. I see no empathy on his part at all! I get how men can be strong and all but sheesh.
I don't think that was a continued shot, I there's a break between PH falling and TH lighting another cigarette. IMHO that was purposefully done to make TH look bad. But yes he seems sick /worried behind the car.

People put so much stock in this scene.....am I the only one who thinks it would have been worse on TH's part to drop his smoke and then go for PH?

Does or has anybody smoke here? Remember: the smoke was in-between his middle and index fingers (right?) This alone would make dropping a smoke more difficult, believe it or not. Also, in dropping the smoke, his reaction time to PH would have been even slower, obviously, in that he would have had to drop his smoke before catching PH. The fact that he didn't drop his smoke first, to me, seems like his first concern was indeed PH; and the smoke was an after-thought, in that, it didn't even occur to him to drop it before trying to catch her.

People need to realize that he wasn't trying to protect his cigarette more-so than he was simply naturally reacting to a split-second scenario.

I do smoke and I don't really have an opinion about dropping the cigarette as a thing that he's not caring for PH. Actually watching that scene I think if he had dropped it it would probably fall bellow PH thus burning her. My point about that scene is that everything looks surreal, just that. IMHO of course.
And I think you're right saying his first concern was PH, now thinking about it again, if one is holding a cigarette and tries to grab someone falling, probably the force applied to the hand would prevent it from dropping it.

If you listen closely to the part where TH lights his cigarette, you can hear that PH is still sobbing in the background. I think it's a little unemphatic of him that he is not sitting next to his wife and comforting her, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay