Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think perps like this are stupid. He'd know better than to act inappropriately toward this person. In spite of their seemingly "uncontrollable" desires they do have some control. And who is to say he wouldn't have targeted her if he was alone? OR that being around this woman's "beauty queen" of a daughter didn't set something off in him?

It was said that he allegedly purchased videos and I believe it was allegedly around 5PM the day AM disappeared. Not sure if that is accurate but if it is I don't think he would have or would have had time to go home and watch the movies (thus setting him off for some sexual crime) and then go out and find a victim, IMO. I think he stalked her personally. I don't think she was chosen as victim in a completely random manner. I'm seeing this as a bit more calculated, although not quite so careful the he didn't get caught.

I agree that it likely has no significance in regards to his criminal behavior.

I agree about not going after the employer's daughter. He would be smart enough to know not to go after anyone connected to him, especially after all the Sara Clark (spelling?) harassment he endured.

I also agree the *advertiser censored* is irrelevant. He was there, he bought some movies. He was simply doing his thing. Probably not related to following AM. However, unless UB called LE about the video footage on their own, LE has something from there connecting him to AM, like a receipt or even the movies in her car. Most likely a receipt found with date and time.

I don't know if he was stalking AM before the gas station though. He may have been and that could be part of the evidence LE says they have that proves this their man. I have no idea what they have, but if they are certain, it could include internet and/or cellphone activities connecting him to looking at AM's many accounts.

ETA: Scratch the idea that a receipt or anything he purchased was found in her car. According to this article, FBI was going door to door to the shops and that is how they found out about his Saturday evening purchases.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23118650/tracking-down-abduction-suspect-randy-taylor

I really hope it is, RAT has already took the FBI to court before for the GPS and unconstitutional surveillance. They had better have made this case on point and not let anything slip up. Since it just went national already I can see people dividing this over of course race, as usual all over MSM discussion postings. People are already jumping to his side.

All they need is just some DNA and nowadays they have such precise DNA tests they should be able to get something from one of those vehicles as long as they can find it.

Let us hope for the best in this.
He brought his grievances about harassment, by the Greene County Sheriff's department to court on the local level. It was not against the FBI and the GPS was legal at the time without a warrant. But the court agreed on some of his other complaints. He won no money, afaik, and only had SOME of the charges dismissed based on "fruit from a tainted tree."

I also agree the *advertiser censored* is irrelevant. He was there, he bought some movies. He was simply doing his thing. Probably not related to following AM. However, unless UB called LE about the video footage on their own, LE has something from there connecting him to AM, like a receipt or even the movies in her car. Most likely a receipt found with date and time.

I don't know if he was stalking AM before the gas station though. He may have been and that could be part of the evidence LE says they have that proves this their man. I have no idea what they have, but if they are certain, it could include internet and/or cellphone activities connecting him to looking at AM's many accounts.

I agree that they found something that led to them inquiring at UB. I too am thinking a receipt as well. If he was there before AM disappeared he could have had the receipt in his pocket and it could have fell out in her car. I am sure they are trying to retrace his trail that day.

As far as stalking her prior to that day, yes it is iffy at best. But her family did say they had seen his truck on the street where she lives. I can bet you money that he has seen Alexis around before, especially if he often sat at the gas station or food lion. Alexis was a regular there so I am sure they crossed paths.

"Theresa Phillips was Randy Taylor's boss.

"I have a beauty queen for a daughter. She's 19 years old. She's Miss VA United States. Never had a problem with him. He was in a room with her a week and a half ago before all this happened [and] on Friday night, the day before the girl went missing. Never acted inappropriate. Never did anything inappropriate," said Phillips.

Phillips said in the five years she knew Taylor, she never noticed anything suspicious.

"He would do anything I asked him to do. He was a very nice guy," Phillips added.

Phillips says Taylor washed cars at her business Drive Away Motors and also worked as her personal assistant, off and on for five years."

Interesting thing to point out it doesn't say he was a mechanic but that he washed cars. Second, does he have a division on how he views females, meaning certain ones are considered better, and the ones who he thinks are below that are potential victims?

As always, JMO.

http://www.wset.com/story/23128368/adult-video-store-says-randy-taylor-shopped-in-their-store-aug-3

The man who saw RAT watching people from the Food Lion also said RAT was a regular at the vacuum machine at the Liberty Gas Station.

Washing cars at work but always vacuuming his own car at a pay machine at the Liberty. He would know how to get rid of soil evidence :(

Personally, I don't believe AM was answering Craigslist ads. She seemed like a normal, happy-go-lucky, self-involved teen/social media addict. Lots of people are addicted to social media. But, because she was young, her online activities should have been monitored. She shouldn't have been so liberal with her comings and goings. On the other hand, if this predator was stalking locals in the supermarket parking lot and picked her, there probably isn't much that could have saved her.

About Bliss, I will say this as someone who knows Charlottesville well, having never been in the store; the place has been there for many years, as I said in previous comments, it sits behind KFC in a plaza with other reputable stores and across from Best Buy; the street on which this business sits is also partially residential, not a seedy part of town at all. Because the store is well known and a fixture in the community, I doubt they would be soliciting online and be able to stay in business. But, because the store is well known, I can see a pervert trying to dupe people by using the word "Bliss" in ads to make people think the two are connected.

The problem with LE asking for help as to sightings of RT make me think they don't have pings or GPS on him for Saturday. Which will make finding Alexis nothing more than sheer luck, if true.

Well they are clearly going through them all. It is a bit frustrating that he has been ruled out on that one though. Or any of them, it would be so much easier if it was just one killer.

Just a gut feeling but something or someone motivated him to move inland to a valley environment vs. the shore. IMO, he has a buddy or buddies and even if he didn't attack and kill Alicia Showalter Reynolds, he may know who did.

Look at the three original sketches for the 29 Stalker, two look the same and one of the others looks more like the updated colorized sketch. Possibly, two people linked up after an arrest or incarceration and are working together...maybe met in the service or in jail/prison.

Personally, I don't believe AM was answering Craigslist ads. She seemed like a normal, happy-go-lucky, self-involved teen/social media addict. Lots of people are addicted to social media. But, because she was young, her online activities should have been monitored. She shouldn't have been so liberal with her comings and goings. On the other hand, if this predator was stalking locals in the supermarket parking lot and picked her, there probably isn't much that could have saved her.

About Bliss, I will say this as someone who knows Charlottesville well, having never been in the store; the place has been there for many years, as I said in previous comments, it sits behind KFC in a plaza with other reputable stores and across from Best Buy; the street on which this business sits is also partially residential, not a seedy part of town at all. Because the store is well known and a fixture in the community, I doubt they would be soliciting online and be able to stay in business. But, because the store is well known, I can see a pervert trying to dupe people by using the word "Bliss" in ads to make people think the two are connected.

OT but it is kind of scary to me how much freedom 17-year olds seem to have, often, including just taking a car (a couple of tons of steel) creating on-line identities, and going pretty much wherever, yet technically we consider them to be children. I kind of think the driving age is too low, teens and young adults seem "younger" these days in many ways, despite the exposure to "adult" issues. JMO

The great-aunt of missing Nelson County teenager Alexis Murphy said she recognized from a photo the man arrested in connection with her daughter's disappearance.
Trina Murphy said looking at a photo on Monday with her family jolted her memory back about three years, when she was purchasing a used car in Ruckersville.
“I thought, ‘I really know this guy,’” Trina Murphy said. “I bought a car from the lot he worked at.”
Murphy said she recalls seeing Randy Allen Taylor, 48, of Lovingston, wash and clean the new-to-her car before she drove it off the lot.
“It’s really kind of creepy,” she said. “When I figured out he washed my car, I realized he was right there. Three years later, he abducts my niece. It’s freaky.”
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_e467acd0-04e8-11e3-bcf0-001a4bcf6878.html

much more at link

I've been starting to get that feeling as well. Just that something is off, not that he isn't necessarily guilty. I hope I am wrong and that this guy is linked to other missing cases and families can have closure. I am hoping, like you said LittleMissContrary, that LE is just being extremely careful to build a watertight case with the mounds of evidence they have.

BTW...just joined here the other day after following along for a few days. I live in the area and this has really hit home. I love reading everyone's insights and thanks for having this site for people to speculate and examine these cases. I hope Alexis is found soon.

I remember coming to this site during the Morgan Harrington time. I drove by the farm just a couple hours after they found her body and it was the most heart wrenching feeling I've ever experienced. I drive this route often going to my parents house...very disturbing.

Re: RAT"S appearance in court
His calmness might actually indicate a dissociative disorder. Or,he may have a sense of calm after he fulfills his needs. RAT may have two very distinct personalities or even more. He may actually believe he is not involved. There are documented cases of people who have dissociative episodes and remember absolutely nothing of the time lapses. But they do know there is a lapse. The episode can be triggered by certain images, words, occurrences.

BUT, it may also just be his ability to morph his personality to fit his circumstances I suspect that is the case here. Typical con artist.

Something isn't adding up especially now they revealed he lived in his camping trailer. Numerous MSM say he pursued her from the gas station was that by car or on foot? Now they say RAT wasn't even on the camera at the same time as AM.

I wish the MSM would have a sit down with the FBI and LE and make sure they are all on the same page. How hard is that!

OT but it is kind of scary to me how much freedom 17-year olds seem to have, often, including just taking a car (a couple of tons of steel) creating on-line identities, and going pretty much wherever, yet technically we consider them to be children. I kind of think the driving age is too low, teens and young adults seem "younger" these days in many ways, despite the exposure to "adult" issues. JMO
Well, that's just the way it is out in the counties. I mean, there are no buses for kids to hop on to go to the mall, so parents are just used to saying "here, go" when it comes to letting their kids take the car. For parents in the counties, the feeling is that as long as you have a late-model, well running vehicle, you'll be safe traveling at night. That's why you'll notice that most county people, especially those who commute to work or have teens who they share a car with, have newer cars. But even then, I mean, I broke down on a major VA interstate, thankfully it was during rush hour (traffic pouring out of Richmond) during the summer, but I waited 1 1/2 hours on a "no mans land" stretch of rural highway for my folks to pick me up. Prayed the whole time.

Thanks for the article, so many different MSM are reporting so many different scenarios I have done gotten plum confused. I hope they find her. I have a teenage son who lives in Lynchburg, VA because he didn't want to move back to Germany. Although I know usually boys don't get abducted as much as girls I still worry as a parent. You never know when a possible SK could change his victim pool. Just praying they find her alive and well soon, even though the odds are against her each day that passes, still holding out for a miracle.

Many of Gary Ridgeways early victims were put in the Green River submerged with rocks on them. He also left many in abandoned torn down lots near the airport and in groups in different foresty areas, changing his MO a little once too many bodies were being found in one area.

How long did RAT live in WA? Could he have victims here too? There's still a lot of cold cases that haven't been linked to other known killers in the area? IDK. He looks seriously creepy.

Check out the River Man who they think might be connected to the long island serial killer as well. He was born in Washington state and is a copycat/apprentice of Ridgeway and is still walking around. Eldred Raymond Burchell (he has countless aliases and addresses) i think his most recent address might be Alabama. PM me if you have more interest so as to not derail thread.

So one MSM source said he lived in a trailer but a different one says home. Gah.

personally, i don't believe am was answering craigslist ads. She seemed like a normal, happy-go-lucky, self-involved teen/social media addict. Lots of people are addicted to social media. But, because she was young, her online activities should have been monitored. She shouldn't have been so liberal with her comings and goings. On the other hand, if this predator was stalking locals in the supermarket parking lot and picked her, there probably isn't much that could have saved her.

About bliss, i will say this as someone who knows charlottesville well, having never been in the store; the place has been there for many years, as i said in previous comments, it sits behind kfc in a plaza with other reputable stores and across from best buy; the street on which this business sits is also partially residential, not a seedy part of town at all. Because the store is well known and a fixture in the community, i doubt they would be soliciting online and be able to stay in business. But, because the store is well known, i can see a pervert trying to dupe people by using the word "bliss" in ads to make people think the two are connected.
exactly!!!

Re: RAT"S appearance in court
His calmness might actually indicate a dissociate disorder. Or,he may have a sense of calm after he fulfills his needs. RAT may have two very distinct personalities or even more. He may actually believe he is not involved. There are documented cases of people who have dissociative episodes and remember absolutely nothing of the time lapses. But they do know there is a lapse. The episode can be triggered by certain images, words, occurrences.

BUT, it may also just be his ability to morph his personality to fit his circumstances I suspect that is the case here. Typical con artist.

I've just caught up on this case. It's taken me hours lol. I'm disappointed I didn't see it earlier :facepalm:

BBM - this is the vibe I got. And when he keeps looking at the camera, creeeepy. Something calculated about those glances. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtisEmant