Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
re: the "not acting alone" could also mean after the fact (re: getting a ride from where he dumped the car)

^just mhoo at this point as we don't know exactly what that could mean^

They never definitively stated, so far as I can recall reading, that they have DNA. As Nurse quoted, they've said "an abundance" of evidence, but not specifically mentioned DNA.

I hope they do, and are just holding back from confirming it publicly.

LE can and does get things wrong. Reading the long article about the other case, I found a lot of the local LE's tactics pretty shady. He could well be guilty in that case, but it never helps when LE tries to push boundaries of proper procedure.

I'm hoping that with the early collaboration with the FBI, they have been more careful with this investigation.

As far as movies he bought, I doubt that matters much. *advertiser censored* is *advertiser censored*. The other items may matter, if he bought other items, as they could have been sex toys that could have used with Alexis , or not. He could have stashed them.

As far as the UB craigslist ad. I don't know which kind of adult toy store it is. Some here are nice and have girls model the lingerie on Fridays and Saturdays. There are some of another variety here that are commonly referred to as "glory holes". That involves a bit more shady stuff. A man can go into a back room and get "pleasure" through a simple hole in a wall from a stranger he cannot see and will never know. Just sayin'.

Oh great, so now they release that AM and RAT weren't on the CCVD at the same time. Even though media had reported that, and that he pursued her. If I was his defense lawyer, I would have a field day with that. They must have some other evidence to link him. I can only hope. IMHO.

very possible she headed toward lynchburg, he followed her maybe does a flashing the lights schtick.. she pulls over.. he says she has something wrong with her car and he can fix it.. tells her hey he just lives right up the road and he follows behind her (could well be on the video as well depending on how the camera is aimed or there could also be witnesses)

they did say they have an abundance of evidence?

(the above is just a possible scenario)

As far as movies he bought, I doubt that matters much. *advertiser censored* is *advertiser censored*. The other items may matter, if he bought other items, as they could have been sex toys that could have used with Alexis , or not. He could have stashed them.

As far as the UB craigslist ad. I don't know which kind of adult toy store it is. Some here are nice and have girls model the lingerie on Fridays and Saturdays. There are some of another variety here that are commonly referred to as "glory holes". That involves a bit more shady stuff. A man can go into a back room and get "pleasure" through a simple hole in a wall from a stranger he cannot see and will never know. Just sayin'.

The craigslist ad was for Bliss Entertainment, which is different from the Ultimate Bliss shop. I've been to that shop....it isn't THAT shady of a place and there is no space that I recall that could be a private room to have a "glory hole." College students go there because it is funny, ladies go there before bachelorette parties....and creeps go there too.

I assume that they had to have found evidence somewhere of importance that indicated this store and they had to confirm his presence there to make the link. Does anyone know the timeline of when they questioned UB and when the car was found?

There is one thing I am trying to figure out why did RAT target AM, was it because she was just in close vicinity and she got on his monster radar? Is there another reason all together a link that is being missed. Did he frequent her job at all? I wonder if they have looked into those surveillance cameras around her work. According to news articles she worked on the day before she disappeared.
Again, putting on my anthropologist's hat, until the new millennium, one would be hard pressed to find a black woman portrayed as sexy, desirable in the mainstream media. Most black women on tv and in movies were usually portrayed as bossy, rude, fat, obnoxious and generally undesirable. But, times and audiences have changed and since media is all about marketing, it's not uncommon to see highly sexualized portrayals of black women in the media these days. So, you see young black girls copying what they see "I too can be sexy" and attracting thousands of random people online. Some of their audience are just high school peers, but many are not. I saw this when I taught high school. One can only imagine that what ever this creep normally pulls on his victims, he became interested in doing it to a black girl.

Also, I don't find the guy's feigned Gomer Pyle act convincing. He sat in the Food Lion parking lot stalking every resident in Nelson County until he found a victim. That show he put on for the Hook is just plain old scary. LE wouldn't have swooped in and taken this guy off the streets if they "weren't sure." He may have had other women on his radar.

I'm sure he has accomplices. He knows people. Afterall, he was able to get Sarah Clark's phone number from somebody. He doesn't look innocent to me. He looks deeply psychotic.
BTW, good morning, lol. Just getting up, catching up:)

Are we even sure Bliss Entertainment is linked to Ultimate Bliss? I looked up Bliss Entertainment and it has places all over. I can't seem to find a main site but I did find this. *Warning* Explicit content-http://browse.feedreader.com/c/BlissMagazineOnline_com

Again, putting on my anthropologist's hat,

OT: I have a BA in Anthro but I don't use it :( -- did you major in Anthro? Are you using it? I love the field but there's no work to be had unless you go on to grad school and I can say my undergrad stint was riddled with missing classes due to hanging out with guys :/

Are we even sure Bliss Entertainment is linked to Ultimate Bliss? I looked up Bliss Entertainment and it has places all over. I can't seem to find a main site but I did find this. *Warning* Explicit content-http://browse.feedreader.com/c/BlissMagazineOnline_com

I can't remember who made that link -- I know I was the one who found a couple ads on CL in the prior days to her disappearance. But I feel bad even suggesting she would respond to any of those ads (and they don't even pay!!!)

Again, putting on my anthropologist's hat, until the new millennium, one would be hard pressed to find a black woman portrayed as sexy, desirable in the mainstream media. Most black women on tv and in movies were usually portrayed as bossy, rude, fat, obnoxious and generally undesirable. But, times and audiences have changed and since media is all about marketing, it's not uncommon to see highly sexualized portrayals of black women in the media these days. So, you see young black girls copying what they see "I too can be sexy" and attracting thousands of random people online. Some of their audience are just high school peers, but many are not. I saw this when I taught high school. One can only imagine that what ever this creep normally pulls on his victims, he became interested in doing it to a black girl.

Also, I don't find the guy's feigned Gomer Pyle act convincing. He sat in the Food Lion parking lot stalking every resident in Nelson County until he found a victim. That show he put on for the Hook is just plain old scary. LE wouldn't have swooped in and taken this guy off the streets if they "weren't sure." He may have had other women on his radar.

I'm sure he has accomplices. He knows people. Afterall, he was able to get Sarah Clark's phone number from somebody. He doesn't look innocent to me. He looks deeply psychotic.
BTW, good morning, lol. Just getting up, catching up:)

I still can't shake that question on her ask. fm where the anonymous person asked her an extremely sexual question and when she did not answer it whoever called her the N word and told her to answer the question. It was the only derogatory/hateful comment in 700 + worth of questions. Seems strange, and IMHO.

I can't remember who made that link -- I know I was the one who found a couple ads on CL in the prior days to her disappearance. But I feel bad even suggesting she would respond to any of those ads (and they don't even pay!!!)

Oh, I didn't realize anyone thought Alexis would respond to the ad. I thought everyone is just looking into the store RAT purchased from to see what he was up to! Call me s-l-o-w.

OT: I have a BA in Anthro but I don't use it :( -- did you major in Anthro? Are you using it? I love the field but there's no work to be had unless you go on to grad school and I can say my undergrad stint was riddled with missing classes due to hanging out with guys :/
Sorry to go off topic guys, but wanted to answer question. Yes, MA, PHD is important to get work; job market is slim to begin with. I got my MA, 16 years ago, gosh! time flies. Am a Jane of all trades, but I've held public sector positions including public school work over the years due to my degree, and experience of course.

They never definitively stated, so far as I can recall reading, that they have DNA. As Nurse quoted, they've said "an abundance" of evidence, but not specifically mentioned DNA.

I hope they do, and are just holding back from confirming it publicly.

LE can and does get things wrong. Reading the long article about the other case, I found a lot of the local LE's tactics pretty shady. He could well be guilty in that case, but it never helps when LE tries to push boundaries of proper procedure.

I'm hoping that with the early collaboration with the FBI, they have been more careful with this investigation.

Until I read about the way LE pursued him in that other case, I didn't have any doubts that they had arrested the right man. But the way they went after him without apparently even looking at the second couple, on top of the shady tactics and harassment, makes a major league case of tunnel vision.

There seems to be quite a bit of evidence that they're not wrong, but at this point it won't surprise me if it turns out they haven't got a thing but their own blind desire for revenge.

I was just looking into the store connection, since he frequented it so much. I completely forgot about any association with AM. Just wanted to see if the UB might be connected to any kind of lure RAT could be using or if he has an accomplice that works or goes there.

Look back in the earlier threads -- #2 I think. I know some WSers checked into it and I'm pretty sure they found no connection. Ultimate Bliss has been around for a long time and has stores in other parts of Virginia.

"Theresa Phillips was Randy Taylor's boss.

"I have a beauty queen for a daughter. She's 19 years old. She's Miss VA United States. Never had a problem with him. He was in a room with her a week and a half ago before all this happened [and] on Friday night, the day before the girl went missing. Never acted inappropriate. Never did anything inappropriate," said Phillips.

Phillips said in the five years she knew Taylor, she never noticed anything suspicious.

"He would do anything I asked him to do. He was a very nice guy," Phillips added.

Phillips says Taylor washed cars at her business Drive Away Motors and also worked as her personal assistant, off and on for five years."

Interesting thing to point out it doesn't say he was a mechanic but that he washed cars. Second, does he have a division on how he views females, meaning certain ones are considered better, and the ones who he thinks are below that are potential victims?

As always, JMO.

http://www.wset.com/story/23128368/adult-video-store-says-randy-taylor-shopped-in-their-store-aug-3

I don't think perps like this are stupid. He'd know better than to act inappropriately toward this person. In spite of their seemingly "uncontrollable" desires they do have some control. And who is to say he wouldn't have targeted her if he was alone? OR that being around this woman's "beauty queen" of a daughter didn't set something off in him?

Looking at motive...

Just wanted to co-sign the theory that RAT's trip to the adult store and purchase of movies may be a HUGELY important clue. In the 2003 rape and murder case of 10 year old Holly Jones here in Toronto, perp Michael Briere admitted that viewing child *advertiser censored* online had triggered his desire for "the real thing".

Tragically, this twisted desire resulted in an innocent young girl's death. I remember at the time that it was quite a revelation to many that the act of viewing child *advertiser censored* can be a stepping stone to carrying out those acts in real life. Like RAT, Holly's perp was well over 30 and had not had a history with LE.

JMO :)

It was said that he allegedly purchased videos and I believe it was allegedly around 5PM the day AM disappeared. Not sure if that is accurate but if it is I don't think he would have or would have had time to go home and watch the movies (thus setting him off for some sexual crime) and then go out and find a victim, IMO. I think he stalked her personally. I don't think she was chosen as victim in a completely random manner. I'm seeing this as a bit more calculated, although not quite so careful the he didn't get caught.

So Im not sure what we can glean from the purchase at Bliss. Millions of normal adults purchase and watch adult movies, and are not stalkers/murderers/rapists.

I agree that it likely has no significance in regards to his criminal behavior.

Trying to see what I can find on his alias Larry Breeden...wonder what other aliases may have used?

Here's one link:

http://valawyersweekly.com/1996/11/25/whats-in-a-name-just-ask-larry-breeden/

*need to be careful here....there are other LBs in va---some obituaries mentioned also. Finding an address in Charlottesville, but won't post it in case it isn't him...

Just a little FYI: "Breeden" is about as common as Taylor, Brown, Murphy and Thomas in good ol' Virginny.

Nancy Grace got some things wrong last night. It was disappointing to hear them talking about this case with very little knowledge. They confirmed that he worked across from where he lived - that is untrue. Then they talked about having very little evidence and this turning into another George Zimmerman case.

Sorry, but I think NG is in it for ratings. I've never liked her and will not watch her making a spectacle of missing person cases. (well, that and I don't have TV) I was quite disappointed when I heard she had picked it up. She probably had no intention of following it until she saw it started getting some national attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee