Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I don't need to post Parker Slaybaugh's twitter update :) I'm going to assume that nothing more is going to happen in the dark, or at any rate we won't find out about it until morning, so on that note I'm :eek:fftobed:

If you were the prime suspect in several cases would you make contact with Law Enforcement expecting them to believe you? LE would not believe his minor involvement in the case given his history with the CJ system regardless. But yeah, I doubt he's innocent anyway.

that's the choice or go down for murder this clown had to know she would have been tied to him even if thru speculation.

"Originally Posted by astridxx
And look at this charge from Madison Co. in 2008:

TAYLOR, RANDY A 04/15/2008 01:00 PM POSSES/OPER UNAPP/ALTER EQUIP

§ 46.2-1002. Illegal possession or sale of certain unapproved equipment.

It shall be unlawful for any person to possess with intent to sell or offer for sale, either separately or as a part of the equipment of a motor vehicle, or to use or have as equipment on a motor vehicle operated on a highway any lighting device, warning device, signal device, safety glass, or other equipment for which approval is required by any provision of this chapter or any part or parts tending to change or alter the operation of such device, glass, or other equipment unless of a type that has been submitted to and approved by the Superintendent or meets or exceeds the standards and specifications of the Society of Automotive Engineers, the American National Standards Institute, Incorporated or the federal Department of Transportation."
Is there any way that RAT could have used similar equipment to lure SC or AM into a dangerous situation? Could that be one of the things investigators are looking for as they comb through his property?

Someone may have already posted an answer to this, but I've missed it as I tried to catch up. This thread is moving crazy fast.

What are the chances that Rat warned Samantha Clarke about someone out to get her (years earlier) on the same day she vanished????

Now Rat talked to AM the same day she goes missing??? and her hair in his trailer????

Can the not put the pressure on him and make him confess already? Maybe use his son as a reason to be remorseful??

Can they not put the pressure on him and make him confess already? Maybe use his son as a reason to be remorseful??

I suspected the reports about the body being found in the landfill were false.

Also, don't you think AM's close friends would know exactly who her dealer/supplier was if she had one? They would have put LE onto him straight away and they would most likely have picked this guy up by now given the detailed description of him. Yet we have no reports of another person being taken in to custody for questioning. So why have they arrested RAT?.....Probably because there's very convincing evidence that he's behind this. I'm not buying his elaborate story.

Can anyone tell me where the closest library branch is? When I map it it looks like it is right next to the Liberty Station.

yeah.. there is a library right there, but it isnt close enough to see anything from, or be able to reach internet signal from and still see gas station.... its really close but not that close...

Slightly O/T but I gotta say -- all you lovely locals have certainly given me a very high opinion of the Charlottesville-Lynchburg area. You're all so polite, reasonable, and just plain nice. I prefer to believe that you're the norm, not RAT...

awwww.... geeeee, thank you!!! :blushing:

Ok folks, enough internet rumors and tale spinning ratmen for me tonight. I need to go get lost in some dystopian fiction. I hope tomorrow is the day we find out Alexis is coming home. Please! :please:

I couldnt agree more.... that whole landfill think completely drained me dry... its time to veg my head on nothingness and munch out on something entirely unhealthy before snoozing off to what will probably be yet another restless night of sleep.... man, classes start up again on monday too.. I have no idea how I will possibly be able to focus on grad studies through this...

The shop he went into looks like "Lovers Lane" where I'm from
Ultimate Bliss, which I have been to, if I had to describe it, is geared more to the college students who want to get a little naughty now and again, and the occasional hubby and wife that stroll in... yes, a scruff or two comes in, obviously, but the main customer base is gonna be the college student that is being catered too.. UVA, big college town, big money town...

I've been google driving a lot through the area and I have to say Virginia is just plain beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Scotland ;)
that's quite the compliment... thank you! I didnt know one can google drive! I want to google drive!! And I think I would like to start with Scotland!! Suggestions?

I guess I don't need to post Parker Slaybaugh's twitter update :) I'm going to assume that nothing more is going to happen in the dark, or at any rate we won't find out about it until morning, so on that note I'm :eek:fftobed:

yes, yes, yessssssss.. me too... night all!:seeya:

"Mr. Taylor told law enforcement that he met this missing girl at the Liberty gas station by coincidence. He had parked at the pumps to buy cigarettes and she had parked at the pumps to get gas," Hallahan said. "She made a comment to him about smoking marijuana based on her seeing him at another car wash in Lovingston weeks or a month before that. He had indicated to her that he would like to get some more. She said, ‘I know a guy' she told him to meet at another location in Lovingston and they rode up there in both cars."

BBM

Link

As if RAT needed to randomly hit up Alexis for weed...!

Is RAT willing to face 10 years and a fine before Alexis is found, instead of admitting he was just looking to smoke a joint when he last saw her? Shouldnt he be key in aiding LE towards finding her abductors?

"Mr. Taylor told law enforcement that he met this missing girl at the Liberty gas station by coincidence. He had parked at the pumps to buy cigarettes and she had parked at the pumps to get gas," Hallahan said. "She made a comment to him about smoking marijuana based on her seeing him at another car wash in Lovingston weeks or a month before that. He had indicated to her that he would like to get some more. She said, ‘I know a guy' she told him to meet at another location in Lovingston and they rode up there in both cars."

BBM

Link

As if Rat needed to randomly hit up Alexis for weed

Sounds like a convenient excuse. This guy is a master of deflection!

wait... another question before I go.... as to his.. or his lawyer saying... that they only arrested him because of the hair in the trailer... I thought they didnt confiscate the trailer until AFTER he was arrested.... so, that would mean that they arrested him based on other actual evidence, not the hair... so thats just bs from randy and lawyer, yes?

If he was stalking her and they had never met, I am wondering how he knew her twitter username? Those of you that are twitter experts?? I may be wrong but thought it might have been him that tweeted how she looked good in her floral leggings. Anyone know the username that tweeted that?

You know, at the very least, everything he has said or done involving this case or the SC disappearance showcases experience. He truly believes in his ability to outwit LE. Even in the toughest spot you see no admission of guilt, remorse, confession. I truly believe, one-hundred percent, that he will never give up her whereabouts. His statement through attorney, only makes this painfully obvious to me. He believes in his story, case, and will push it through trial. The RT 29 theory starts to become more probable the more I think about his assumed cleverness. I believe he thinks he's larger than all of this.

10 years for abduction right?

Life for murder?

Let's hope they continue building this case and find more evidence.

It seems far fetched that he needed to buy weed from an underage girl and her connection. Also I can't imagine Alexis wanting to help this RAT buy any when he's old and creepy to a young girl. He hangs around parking lots like a narc or stalker. He dragging someone else into this, the burgundy car man, so we'll see how this works out for him.

:::floridamomma throws open door:::

i was busy all day, but checked in on my phone in random places. ya know: red lights, in line at the pharmacy, dr waiting room, etc.

NOT ONCE COULD I FIND THIS THREAD!!

anyway, im here now, carry on. i was about to file a missing thread report!

im off to catch up!

heehee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members