Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. The one day I take off from reading through the threads, scouring SM, and clinging to media details, something breaks. Usually suspects don't have their lawyers releasing their entire defense before trial even begins. We can read between the lines though. By doing this, RAT has given us a glimpse at some of what LE has found. Circumstantial evidence at the Liberty, and hair recovered from his camper. I think he had worked on his story, assuming that he couldn't completely cover all DNA left; whether she left a finger print, hair, etc. He has flexibility to change the details, but keep the story.

He's experienced. He knows to play the public. He can make a bid for his freedom and statement for his innocence, explaining it away with his elaborate story. Get the public doubting. "Maybe LE is really harassing this guy. There is that 2010 case." He wants public favor and to push his story out immediately as if he has nothing to hide.

Unless he knows that they will find evidence of another person in the camper. This could be his way of spinning the story, and completely throwing them under the bus. However, I have a hard time believing anything he has to say.

It all boils down to what LE has. He is setting up a scenario where the evidence against him will have to be revealed in order to keep holding him without bond. Sorry to say, but if it's all circumstantial, this won't end well.

One can only assume that RAT was seen talking to AM at Liberty and possibly shown on surveillance doing so, given his story of course.

Another person mentioned it. Either it's a shot in the dark on his part or he had been stalking her SM profiles. This makes me think of the eerily worded posts on her ******* account. The fact that he is using her desire for marijuana as his reason for contact with AM is absurd to me.

Lovingston, VA - The parents of Alexis Murphy are speaking out on what life is like not knowing if their seventeen year old girl is ok.

The last time we heard from Alexis' mom was during Monday's press conference. She was overcome with tears

Alexis' mother, Laura Murphy says every day is a struggle. She can't sleep, she can barely eat; friends and family have moved into her home to bring comfort. But the one person she's hoping to have walk through her front door, hasn't.

"She said I'm going to be back before 12, and I told her, I love you" said Murphy.

And those were the last words Murphy spoke to her daughter Alexis before she disappeared.

<modsnip>

http://www.wset.com/story/23141418/alexis-murphys-mother-and-father-feel-their-daughter-is-alive

Closure is going to be very important for this family. They've suffered a violent, shocking loss. They desperately need closure.

while waiting to sort through all this, I just want to say... through all the muck and murk... anyone... and i mean ANYONE... who is planning, was planning, or ever has any intention of EVER planning to come to Nelson, Amherst, Crabtree Falls, The Blue Ridge Mountains, The Blue Ridge Parkway, or the George Washington National Forest for hiking, camping, rest, relaxation, or whatever reason... PLEASE do not hesitate!!! It is absolutely stunningly, amazingly, can't find the words to express, beautiful out here... you will find bad people who do bad things where ever you go... Crabtree falls has a history, yes, but only if you climb over the wall... so don't climb over the wall... please! Bad people go good places.. it happens... don't let that deter you from the beautiful spaces and happiness and joy you could be experiencing in life... and this area of the country, of the world as hidden treasures you could not even begin to imagine... just saying...

Hi all. The reports of a body in the landfill could be an innocent mistake if proven untrue. Someone could have seen agents and dogs scouring it as they often do when they suspect a missing person is deceased. Or, a lot of cars were there and someone assumed that something was found.

You know they say rat was always in the parking lot.. I was thinking maybe he was looking and using the free internet because I know all MC Ds have the free wi-fi that can be reached out in the parking lot.

One can only assume that RAT was seen talking to AM at Liberty and possibly shown on surveillance doing so, given his story of course.

Another person mentioned it. Either it's a shot in the dark on his part or he had been stalking her SM profiles. This makes me think of the eerily worded posts on her ******* account. The fact that he is using her desire for marijuana as his reason for contact with AM is absurd to me.

And you know, even if he doesn't have a computer or smart phone he could have asked his son (I hate to bring him in on it, but it's possible he could have said something) or someone else to look her up elsewhere. I see a library on Thomas Nelson Hwy. He could have used it.

Hi all. The reports of a body in the landfill could be an innocent mistake if proven untrue. Someone could have seen agents and dogs scouring it as they often do when they suspect a missing person is deceased. Or, a lot of cars were there and someone assumed that something was found.

Sure, but saying a body was found when you have no actual idea that's the case is irresponsible.

if there were any truth to his story as soon as this young lady went missing why did he not contact LE with this vital info?

You know they say rat was always in the parking lot.. I was thinking maybe he was looking and using the free internet because I know all MC Ds have the free wi-fi that can be reached out in the parking lot.

That is a chilling thought that he could have been tweeting her while he was sitting in his vehicle, stalking and watching her at the gas station.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23140117/through-attorney-randy-taylor-tells-his-story

Scroll down to comments and read Mary's comments. She claims she knows this guy the Ratman is talking about.

And you know what, he may be referring to a real person. But it doesn't necessarily mean that person was involved.
I think he is probably using some guy he has seen at the station, maybe even that day. I find it amazing that no mention has been made of this person's name. If the rest of the description is so exacting, why would this guy not have had a name, even if only a nickname? Currently, the only reason I can think of is that RT doesn't want to get the name wrong.

What this says to me is that he has a young accomplice who has Internet access. I never watched Silence of the Lambs, but this is fairly creepy to me. Again, my overarching question is... regardless of all the totally innocent circumstances that put him in touch with these young women, how come every time this guy has an innocent, run of the mill, could have happened to anyone conversation with one of them, they end up disappeared/presumed dead? I believe Samantha Clark's mother, I don't think the girl every knew who he was, I don't think either Alexis or Samantha saw this predator coming.

Anyway, this is all too creepy to be following at night. Hasta manana good people. Thank you for caring.

if there were any truth to his story as soon as this young lady went missing why did he not contact LE with this vital info?

I was thinking that as well. He could claim he was afraid because of his last run in with the law over a missing person.

Can anyone tell me where the closest library branch is? When I map it it looks like it is right next to the Liberty Station.

I totally think you're onto something :) I know on one of the websites for Nelson County there is a link that shows "WIFI spots". It might show some places that would help us figure out where he would sit or be to read things online.

I have a feeling he was putting together her entire scenario via what has been written on websites detailing her life, discussing her social media and sharing links. That might explain why her car ended up where it did! She posted where she worked and all he would have to do is then take her car there and drop it.

I do not think some strange man with braids was involved. I think we have a person who is fumbling around attempting to blame the victim by establishing a story based on images and tweets or even scenarios shared online. Sadly perps do read up on the cases they are involved in, almost ALL do. Hell, serial killers often help "search".

The Burgundy car he described sounds very noticeable. Wouldn't that kind of car stand out in a small town?

He added another person, then had Alexis and this other person leave his vicinity.
It really sounds like a similar kind of lying like he did in the other case. He's not all that stupid, or maybe he is, but he thinks he's devious with these stories. What a mistake his attorney made offering this so early.

(I can't read as fast as this is going on here tonight.)

while waiting to sort through all this, I just want to say... through all the muck and murk... anyone... and i mean ANYONE... who is planning, was planning, or ever has any intention of EVER planning to come to Nelson, Amherst, Crabtree Falls, The Blue Ridge Mountains, The Blue Ridge Parkway, or the George Washington National Forest for hiking, camping, rest, relaxation, or whatever reason... PLEASE do not hesitate!!! It is absolutely stunningly, amazingly, can't find the words to express, beautiful out here... you will find bad people who do bad things where ever you go... Crabtree falls has a history, yes, but only if you climb over the wall... so don't climb over the wall... please! Bad people go good places.. it happens... don't let that deter you from the beautiful spaces and happiness and joy you could be experiencing in life... and this area of the country, of the world as hidden treasures you could not even begin to imagine... just saying...

O/T
I am completely in love with Shenandoah and camping and hiking up there. I'm kinda new to it all, only been doing it for the last 3 years, but I am hooked!!!
Crabtree Falls was beautiful, and I'm looking forward to camping there!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

@NBC29: Through attorney, abduction suspect Randy Taylor says he was not the last person to see #AlexisMurphy. First on NBC29 News at 10:00 on CW29.

Lord, wht does that mean?
Pray tell.....WHO last saw her?
How does perp know WHO last saw her? Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads