Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Halfway between lovingston and Lynchburg. Maybe 15 minutes.

Edit- sorry this is wrong. Was thinking Amherst.

If I have it correct the landfill in Augusta County is in Staunton...which is about 51 minutes approx from Lovingston.....This could be entirely incorrect as I am as far from local as you can get!!!

Augusta county is where Sarah Hoover went missing from. Nevermind, I see she was found.

She was found safe earlier today.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 6h
CONTD: The Augusta Sheriff's Office confirms that Sarah Hoover is safe.

Sorry I think you edited that as I was posting.

Wonder why he is saying anything at all?

Also how far is this landfill, does anyone know (Augusta?)
ETA looks like an hour away.

Augusta is another neighboring county, NW of Nelson. Depending on where the landfill was, it is hard to say how far away. Not terribly far though. 30 minutes from Lovingston potentially. You'd take 151 to get there most likely.

If I have it correct the landfill in Augusta County is in Staunton...which is about 51 minutes approx from Lovingston.....This could be entirely incorrect as I am as far from local as you can get!!!

Yep you're correct, see my double edited post. Sorry bout that folks.

I'm confused. Is there a landfill in Nelson Co called "Augusta" or are they talking about the Augusta COUNTY landfill? Nevermind! I see the info was edited. Thanks!

Updating to the actual Landfill address:
749 Christians Creek Road
Staunton, VA 24401

38 miles, 49 minutes

Attachments

• Lovingston, VA to 749 Christians Creek Rd, Staunton, VA 24401.jpg
    Lovingston, VA to 749 Christians Creek Rd, Staunton, VA 24401.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 18
So why would he park at the gas pumps to go in and get cigarettes? Why not park in front in a parking space? Keep talking RAT!

I usually just pull up between the pumps and the door to run in and get my ciggs. :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

So, basically this sicko is blaming the victim, calling her a drug dealer and putting her disappearance some invisible black man? Well, I have a question for the creep... how come every time he has a innocent, syrupy sweet conversation with a young girl, she ends up disappeared permanently, presumed dead???? This stinks just like that Hook story. And, why are 50 FBI agents and the police digging up stuff in his yard? Why didn't miss TMI make any mention of her acquaintance with him. I feel like I'm going to throw up, literally. He's blaming the victim. What a sicko. He's basically saying that Alexis was a known drug dealer/drug intermediary that anyone could approach, even at the gas station, and home girl could hook you up! I'm gonna be sick.

That is correct. It is unlikely that the body was dropped off at the landfill, most likely was put in a dumpster and then picked up by a truck and deposited at the landfill. :(

Chris Hurst ‏@chrishurstwdbj 7m
Amherst County dispatcher tells our ep that no body found at county landfill #findalexismurphy

arggg why does information like this have to come out right before i go to bed? now ill do nothing but think about all of this while i lay there.. then ill be behind be 10 or so threads by the time i get to work in the morning.. lol

night ya'll.. come up with some good stuff while im gone!

Where was this report from?

BTW: I'm only asking not being snarky or rude.

Original saw posted on a feed from an Anchor for WDBJ7. He is now reporting that it can not be confirmed. I have a script that scrapes twitter and saw a lot of tweets about it coming in. No worries not taken as snarky.

Having lived near a landfill I have to say that body dumps directly in a landfill can always easy, though that may vary from landfill to landfill. (sheesh, sounds like I know too much!) The one near me is gated and closed during non-operational hours and would only be accessible via foot, or maybe an ATV. I don't know how accessible others are. They did find a body in this one once, the body of an infant that had been dumped in the garbage (yea, I know...it's horrid and broke my heart) and thus transported to the landfill that way. A body dumped in a dumpster could easily end up in a landfill. I'm always curious how they find bodies in landfills. The one here was found because they searched the landfill knowing that was where the body likely ended up.

arggg why does information like this have to come out right before i go to bed? now ill do nothing but think about all of this while i lay there.. then ill be behind be 10 or so threads by the time i get to work in the morning.. lol

night ya'll.. come up with some good stuff while im gone!

Night hon! I felt that way the last few nights. Took a sleep aide and then fought sleep to read.

I won't be headed to bed till 3am today lol.

Chris Hurst ‏@chrishurstwdbj 7m
Amherst County dispatcher tells our ep that no body found at county landfill #findalexismurphy

Amherst County is different than Augusta...they are two counties away from each other.

Exactly, or they could have gotten everything taken care of saturday night, and had her with them up in the mountains thru until Monday... or any other scenario... along those lines... she could be up there.. thats what Im trying to say... up by crabtree, or the parkway, or the GW forest... and as to me referencing Crabtree... that map you showed, Merc, with the website link... shows just the falls themselves... 56 is actually called Crabtree Falls Highway... and I should have clarified that... so anywhere along there is dozens of camping sites and other things like I described... including the falls that you linked too... there is also montobello, and all along the parkway, all the trails etc... its mindboggling and overwhelming... I mean, this leads to part of the Appalachian trail! and the drive is nothing at all... many of us locals do this all the time... and many people do this for partying on the weekends...

We camp in the area almost weekly, and were camping the weekend Alexis went missing. There is also remote "camping off of Crabtree Falls Highway, using a forestry road up to Crabtree Meadows (4 miles back in the woods/mountain). It used to be popular but these days it seems its gotten to be a hangout for collage age kids to drink, etc. There is also a section that is only accessible by 4 wheel drive (after the 4 mile mark) that actually leads up to The Priest, and other trails. That weekend I didn't see anyone but kids go in to that remote area, but I think there's another entrance? Again, it would be a forestry road. No power, etc up there.

Not to mention all the other summits like Spy Rock, and the AT itself up along that section...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double