Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T: gotta laugh at ya on this. Did you sleep last night cause you're showing us Australia right now on the map :waitasec:

Its a worry isn't it lol!!! Got a tad confused with my maps! Looking at 2 cases at the one time apparently is not something I am good at!!!

Unfortunately the person who originally said they'd heard it on scanner never came back to mention what specific feed, none of our "rewinders" are around, and the source for it appears to have been FB only. i.e., I think the person who posted here might not have actually heard it themselves. It could all be rumor.

Last tweet refutes the other tweet...

Now says NO body found at landfill???

I am not understanding this...

IF there was a body found, I don't think dispatch would confirm until they absolutely had to. They wouldn't want this all over the place without talking to Alexis family first, imo.

Looks like Rat's stories are getting mixed up. Taylor: he met #AlexisMurphy a while ago & he was smoking pot. He asked her to get weed when they saw each other at Lovingston gas station.

The whole narrative makes more sense if you read the full article. Twitter sucks for getting details correct.

*Not that I'm saying he's telling the truth.* But the story as told in the lawyer's words, not twitter, has internal consistency.

So, basically this sicko is blaming the victim, calling her a drug dealer and putting her disappearance some invisible black man? Well, I have a question for the creep... how come every time he has a innocent, syrupy sweet conversation with a young girl, she ends up disappeared permanently, presumed dead???? This stinks just like that Hook story. And, why are 50 FBI agents and the police digging up stuff in his yard? Why didn't miss TMI make any mention of her acquaintance with him. I feel like I'm going to throw up, literally. He's blaming the victim. What a sicko. He's basically saying that Alexis was a known drug dealer/drug intermediary that anyone could approach, even at the gas station, and home girl could hook you up! I'm gonna be sick.

I'm with you and right as he is letting out this information there is now an unidentified body at a landfill. This is so tragic. I hope they nail his b8LLs to hell. Sorry for my language, this just isn't fair.

If you're the praying type, please pray for her family and loved ones.

He might just have sealed his fate.The jail population is not going to like that a white guy is blaming his crime on a black guy.This has happened before and Big Bubba will be waiting for you! Word gets around when there is nothing else to do.

I'm sure the actual person or persons who may have been her supplier will be questioned. Her friends who care about her will be willing to point out where they get it. His story is plausible in that he knew she smoked, but maybe that's because he stalked her online.

thjere is also a landfill off 29... and you can get to staunton landfill by going across... i hate to say this.,.... but 56 across crabtree falls highway.... feeling very depressed right now...

Personally, I don't think anywhere in this entire state is too far to look. People in rural Virginia think nothing of distances. When I as a college kid, I used to day trip it to shop at Tyson's corner, 3.5 hours away. I'd hop in the car and go to Richmond for lunch, 2 hours away. So, it doesn't seem off base to me to look in Augusta county or anywhere in the state. This is probably why LE has trouble finding the victims. This person seems to think that he'll forever get away with whatever as long as noone finds the victims. They're not anywhere near where he lives, even if residual evidence is. Evil.

Wow. The one day I take off from reading through the threads, scouring SM, and clinging to media details, something breaks. Usually suspects don't have their lawyers releasing their entire defense before trial even begins. We can read between the lines though. By doing this, RAT has given us a glimpse at some of what LE has found. Circumstantial evidence at the Liberty, and hair recovered from his camper. I think he had worked on his story, assuming that he couldn't completely cover all DNA left; whether she left a finger print, hair, etc. He has flexibility to change the details, but keep the story.

He's experienced. He knows to play the public. He can make a bid for his freedom and statement for his innocence, explaining it away with his elaborate story. Get the public doubting. "Maybe LE is really harassing this guy. There is that 2010 case." He wants public favor and to push his story out immediately as if he has nothing to hide.

Unless he knows that they will find evidence of another person in the camper. This could be his way of spinning the story, and completely throwing them under the bus. However, I have a hard time believing anything he has to say.

I'm with you and right as he is letting out this information there is now an unidentified body at a landfill. This is so tragic. I hope they nail his b8LLs to hell. Sorry for my language, this just isn't fair.

Amen sister!

The story Hallahan describes has similarities to the story about Taylor's involvement in the Samantha Clarke case published in the Hook in October.

BBM

Link

Chilling and telling.

Hoping Alexis is found soon <3

I don't know if they are the original source, we heard "Facebook" first though. I wouldn't be surprised if it's them.

I first saw it posted on FB. My daughter sent me a message that a friend of a friend had posted it. He has not elaborated since. I think there is likely nothing to this. Not sure I trust this Bedford Informer since we have no idea who it is. And I have no idea if Parker Slaybaugh of WSET is referring to the same thing with his "lot of activity but I'm not going to share it until I get confirmation!" post on FB. I firmly believe these darn media people shouldn't be teases like that. Keep your mouth shut (or fingers still) until you have confirmation. But of course they want to keep people hanging on. This is how rumors get started.

Lovingston, VA - The parents of Alexis Murphy are speaking out on what life is like not knowing if their seventeen year old girl is ok.

The last time we heard from Alexis' mom was during Monday's press conference. She was overcome with tears

Alexis' mother, Laura Murphy says every day is a struggle. She can't sleep, she can barely eat; friends and family have moved into her home to bring comfort. But the one person she's hoping to have walk through her front door, hasn't.

"She said I'm going to be back before 12, and I told her, I love you" said Murphy.

And those were the last words Murphy spoke to her daughter Alexis before she disappeared.

<modsnip>

http://www.wset.com/story/23141418/alexis-murphys-mother-and-father-feel-their-daughter-is-alive

I first saw it posted on FB. My daughter sent me a message that a friend of a friend had posted it. He has not elaborated since. I think there is likely nothing to this. Not sure I trust this Bedford Informer since we have no idea who it is. And I have no idea if Parker Slaybaugh of WSET is referring to the same thing with his "lot of activity but I'm not going to share it until I get confirmation!" post on FB. I firmly believe these darn media people shouldn't be teases like that. Keep your mouth shut (or fingers still) until you have confirmation. But of course they want to keep people hanging on. This is how rumors get started.

I'm thinking false Internet rumors made Parker lose some sleep tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double