Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if there were any truth to his story as soon as this young lady went missing why did he not contact LE with this vital info?

Exactly. Just like Samantha... It was other guys he knew but not him, and he didn't bother to contact LE to advise... Why?

Slightly O/T but I gotta say -- all you lovely locals have certainly given me a very high opinion of the Charlottesville-Lynchburg area. You're all so polite, reasonable, and just plain nice. I prefer to believe that you're the norm, not RAT...

Ok folks, enough internet rumors and tale spinning ratmen for me tonight. I need to go get lost in some dystopian fiction. I hope tomorrow is the day we find out Alexis is coming home. Please! :please:

if there were any truth to his story as soon as this young lady went missing why did he not contact LE with this vital info?

If you were the prime suspect in several cases would you make contact with Law Enforcement expecting them to believe you? LE would not believe his minor involvement in the case given his history with the CJ system regardless. But yeah, I doubt he's innocent anyway.

And you know, even if he doesn't have a computer or smart phone he could have asked his son (I hate to bring him in on it, but it's possible he could have said something) or someone else to look her up elsewhere. I see a library on Thomas Nelson Hwy. He could have used it.

Laptops are so cheap now - including "notebooks" (under 200 bucks) and most people have some sort of smart phone even if it's pay as you go. granted he did buy or rent *advertiser censored* - most people just watch it online for free .. but from the short stint of the god awful job I had working in a truck stop (those huge places) "adult shop" aka the lion's den - MANY just liked to come in there to lurk around or go in the back with the pay per minute video machines.

The shop he went into looks like "Lovers Lane" where I'm from, and it's more geared towards strippers and has a smaller section of adult toys/items. The outfits and shoes are for the dancers, with a small area by the check out for bachelorette gag gifts, adult greeting cards and then it's the movies, magazines and toys. Any S&M gear is cheaply made. Restraints that DO restrain are often bought online. Most stuff sold in those stores are with safety and comfort in mind (fuzzy, velcro release etc).

I have no idea where I'm going with this lol. I could see him having a notebook computer though over a smartphone and using it in wifi hot spots.

Sure, but saying a body was found when you have no actual idea that's the case is irresponsible.

This is true as far as reporters go for sure. I was addressing the random Facebook and Twitter chatter.

<just getting back in, scared to open my eyes, any news on what they found out there today?>

Laptops are so cheap now - including "notebooks" (under 200 bucks) and most people have some sort of smart phone even if it's pay as you go. granted he did buy or rent *advertiser censored* - most people just watch it online for free .. but from the short stint of the god awful job I had working in a truck stop (those huge places) "adult shop" aka the lion's den - MANY just liked to come in there to lurk around or go in the back with the pay per minute video machines.

The shop he went into looks like "Lovers Lane" where I'm from, and it's more geared towards strippers and has a smaller section of adult toys/items. The outfits and shoes are for the dancers, with a small area by the check out for bachelorette gag gifts, adult greeting cards and then it's the movies, magazines and toys. Any S&M gear is cheaply made. Restraints that DO restrain are often bought online. Most stuff sold in those stores are with safety and comfort in mind (fuzzy, velcro release etc).

I have no idea where I'm going with this lol. I could see him having a notebook computer though over a smartphone and using it in wifi hot spots.

Yes, he very possibly could have. If so hopefully LE have it. I was just exploring scenarios in case he didn't have one - he could still have access.

But I'm really going to bed and read now...I promise!! I really do! Sweet dreams all!

I really think something might be up...just a hunch

If you were the prime suspect in several cases would you make contact with Law Enforcement expecting them to believe you? LE would not believe his minor involvement in the case given his history with the CJ system regardless. But yeah, I doubt he's innocent anyway.

When Samantha disappeared RAT's record had nothing to with abductions, murder and the like. He'd gotten away with a lot of other criminal activity before and was free when Alexis went missing, despite time spent in jail in the 1990s and an extensive record with LE.

Considering his history with Samantha's case, it would only have looked good on him to have (politely?) come forward with this information on August 5, 2013; instead of waiting to release it through the lawyer appointed to him on August 14, 2013.

Especially since previously free RAT has a history of representing himself well in court...

JMO

Wow, a lot of chatter going on, finally caught up (that would teach me to go away for an hour) I'm so glad RAT is finally speaking, but I'm not really surprised he passing the buck onto someone else.

Hoping to find Alexis safe and well.

That is pretty much exactly what this place is like.

Slightly O/T but I gotta say -- all you lovely locals have certainly given me a very high opinion of the Charlottesville-Lynchburg area. You're all so polite, reasonable, and just plain nice. I prefer to believe that you're the norm, not RAT...
He's not originally from there though ;)

I've been google driving a lot through the area and I have to say Virginia is just plain beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Scotland ;)

Parker Slaybaugh &#8207;@ParkerABC13 3m
All reports of a body being found in Agusta or Nelson county or Charlottesville are false.

I was thinking that as well. He could claim he was afraid because of his last run in with the law over a missing person.

Can anyone tell me where the closest library branch is? When I map it it looks like it is right next to the Liberty Station.

that would be the reason to run not walk to LE if you are to believe him they will find evidence of her in his personal space......i'm so fedup with this guy already.:curses:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966