Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping today's the day. I always have an ominous feeling when someone is arrested in a missing person case while the missing is still not found though :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Theresa Phillips was Randy Taylor's boss.

"I have a beauty queen for a daughter. She's 19 years old. She's Miss VA United States. Never had a problem with him. He was in a room with her a week and a half ago before all this happened [and] on Friday night, the day before the girl went missing. Never acted inappropriate. Never did anything inappropriate," said Phillips.

Phillips said in the five years she knew Taylor, she never noticed anything suspicious.

"He would do anything I asked him to do. He was a very nice guy," Phillips added.

Phillips says Taylor washed cars at her business Drive Away Motors and also worked as her personal assistant, off and on for five years."

Interesting thing to point out it doesn't say he was a mechanic but that he washed cars. Second, does he have a division on how he views females, meaning certain ones are considered better, and the ones who he thinks are below that are potential victims?

As always, JMO.

http://www.wset.com/story/23128368/adult-video-store-says-randy-taylor-shopped-in-their-store-aug-3

Looking at motive...

Just wanted to co-sign the theory that RAT's trip to the adult store and purchase of movies may be a HUGELY important clue. In the 2003 rape and murder case of 10 year old Holly Jones here in Toronto, perp Michael Briere admitted that viewing child *advertiser censored* online had triggered his desire for "the real thing".

Tragically, this twisted desire resulted in an innocent young girl's death. I remember at the time that it was quite a revelation to many that the act of viewing child *advertiser censored* can be a stepping stone to carrying out those acts in real life. Like RAT, Holly's perp was well over 30 and had not had a history with LE.

JMO :)

Looking at motive...

Just wanted to co-sign the theory that RAT's trip to the adult store and purchase of movies may be a HUGELY important clue. In the 2003 rape and murder case of 10 year old Holly Jones here in Toronto, perp Michael Briere admitted that viewing child *advertiser censored* online had triggered his desire for "the real thing".

Tragically, this twisted desire resulted in an innocent young girl's death. I remember at the time that it was quite a revelation to many that the act of viewing child *advertiser censored* can be a stepping stone to carrying out those acts in real life. Like RAT, Holly's perp was well over 30 and had not had a history with LE.

Interesting points, I wish someone would reveal whether or not he purchased anything that day and if so what it was.

RAT, has had a long history with the LE though dating back to 1992 when he was incarcerated for burglary.

New to the forum..... so what are the chances this (alleged) perp is responsible for at least one other of the Rte 29 abductions/murders?

I would wonder where he has lived from year to year over the past 25 years.

Caught up for the moment.

Any word on searches today? They sure are being quiet about it.

The back of neck tat looks like Iron Maiden's Eddie to me, as someone else noted also. Along with the Angry Daffy Duck and calm demeanor in Court, I would say this man has a bit of a temper that comes out fast and furious. Wish we could see all the other tats, although they are really not of any importance.

Don't know if RAT can be connected to any other murders, but it appears that LE is trying given they have ruled him out of Alicia Showalter's (spelling?) murder. Since they have his DNA now, I'm sure they are running that through the system as soon as possible, but, not all cases have DNA left behind, so that leaves many years of cases and paperwork (hopefully preserved thoroughly) for some cold case teams to go through and will take quite some time.

Hoping Alexis is found today, alive and brought home safe!

New to the forum..... so what are the chances this (alleged) perp is responsible for at least one other of the Rte 29 abductions/murders?

I would wonder where he has lived from year to year over the past 25 years.

Welcome!!!!!

Wonder if ultimate Bliss rents movies? IIRC it was stated that two movies is what RAT got that day. Some of those type stores rent movies...never really heard of one selling the movies, but I guess some do.

Wonder if ultimate Bliss rents movies? IIRC it was stated that two movies is what RAT got that day. Some of those type stores rent movies...never really heard of one selling the movies, but I guess some do.

ewww, I cant imagine them renting. ick! lol

Somewhere it was stated that he bought movies but I feel like things are being mixed up and just thrown together. NG reported last night that AM lived 1mile from the gas station. I felt like she had no idea what she was talking about. She kept saying Lovingston wrong too. People run with stuff so I think we are getting mixed reports.....I dont know whats real.

Looking at motive...

But child *advertiser censored* is not what you're going to get at an adult store. Not saying he couldn't have had child *advertiser censored* somewhere else at home, or whatever, but I'm doubtful that a legit adult store is going to be selling it. They're just going to sell run of the mill adult movies.

So Im not sure what we can glean from the purchase at Bliss. Millions of normal adults purchase and watch adult movies, and are not stalkers/murderers/rapists.

"BREAKING: Randy Taylor, the man arrested in the abduction of Alexis Murphy is now under the microscope, as investigators see if he can be linked to the deaths or disappearance of several women, dating back almost 20 years. Tonight, sources in Charlottesville are reporting he has been ruled out as a suspect in the 1996 murder of Alicia Showalter Reynolds. He was reportedly in jail at the time of her disappearance.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...19204449.31853.142180135872024&type=1&theater

Well they are clearly going through them all. It is a bit frustrating that he has been ruled out on that one though. Or any of them, it would be so much easier if it was just one killer.

Trying to see what I can find on his alias Larry Breeden...wonder what other aliases may have used?

Here's one link:

http://valawyersweekly.com/1996/11/25/whats-in-a-name-just-ask-larry-breeden/

*need to be careful here....there are other LBs in va---some obituaries mentioned also. Finding an address in Charlottesville, but won't post it in case it isn't him...

That's a good idea. Breeden is a VERY common name in these parts and if someone of RAT's age wanted an alias, "Larry Breeden" would be a good choice.

Brand new here and I have not had time to read all the threads so Im not sure if this has been posted. I do live in this area though and have been digging around on the internet for the past week in regards to this case. A lot of people are speculating that RT is the 29 stalker. Go to this link and scroll down to the comments made by Kate from Greensboro....the vehicle she describes sounds like RT's minus the camo. Wish there was a way to find out when that was put on the suburban.

http://www.ontherightinva.com/2010/01/27/has-the-route-29-stalker-returned-to-virginia/

:welcome: Kennyssenorita! :wagon:

:seeya:

But child *advertiser censored* is not what you're going to get at an adult store. Not saying he couldn't have had child *advertiser censored* somewhere else at home, or whatever, but I'm doubtful that a legit adult store is going to be selling it. They're just going to sell run of the mill adult movies.

So Im not sure what we can glean from the purchase at Bliss. Millions of normal adults purchase and watch adult movies, and are not stalkers/murderers/rapists.

I am just speculating, but he probably bought the "Teen like Movies" the ones with the adults that have just turned 18 and do movies, or maybe some kind of bondage movies. Again, JMO.

Just wanted to do some research on serial killers with accomplices and found this. Also, the second link is about the psychology of male team killers. I posted a few examples of male team killers and some of female/male teams. All the information on team killing is on the links below.

"PARTNERS IN CRIME
Alton Coleman and Debra Brown
Maybe people shouldn't be surprised that a boy who had to endure the nickname "Pissy" because of a tendency to wet his pants would grow up to be one of America's most savage spree killers. And it certainly didn't help that Pissy would go to prison on a robbery charge and emerge two years later with a tendency to dress in women's clothing and a desire for rough sex. Whatever the reasons, Alton Coleman and his girlfriend Debra Denise Brown will go down in history as a short-lived U.S. version of Great Britain's multiple sex-slayers Myra Hindley and Ian Brady.

Angelo Buono and Kenneth Bianchi, the Hillside Stranglers
It takes more than a few homicides to get the attention of the people in a city the size of Los Angeles. Murders are a daily occurrence. So when three women living hi-risk lifestyles were found strangled and naked on hillsides very few people lost sleep over it. Only a couple sharp homicide detectives became nervous that this was just the beginning. Everything changed when five "nice girls" were abducted from their middle-class neighborhoods.

Two psychopathic cousins made torture into an unspeakable art form as they experimented on their young victims, giving new meaning to the concept of "Evil."

Charles Ng and Leonard Lake
Cruel, psychopathic son of wealthy Hong Kong businessman, discharged from the Marines for stealing, and his accomplice kidnapped, raped, tortured and murdered an estimated 25 captives in a fortified bunker in California -- all caught on video. When Lake killed himself with hidden cyanide tablets, Ng fled to Canada, setting the stage for one of the most expensive legal battles in U.S. history, dwarfing the O.J. Simpson trial.

The Chicago Rippers
Robin Gecht & his friends rampaged Chicago in the 1980s. They talked about how they had kidnapped women off the streets, raped them, and stabbed them with knives, razors, tin can lids, and can openers. With piano wire, they then amputated one or both breasts and masturbated onto them. Gecht's "rippers" took the flesh they had removed from their victims, cut it up, and consumed it as a form of ancient devilish communion.
The Mansonesque type of killer is rare —the person who can persuade others to kill or harm others for him. According to three confessions, Gecht was exactly that type of person. While Manson's brood was larger, the three men who followed Gecht were just as deadly, and it's quite unusual to have four people involved in such an extensive string of sexually sadistic murders.

Christopher Worrell and James Miller
Australia's first serial killer partnership was made up of a charismatic psychopath and a dependent drifter who went on a killing spree that left seven women dead.

Gary and Thaddeus Lewingdon
During the late 1970s, the city of Columbus, Ohio and outlying areas were plagued by a series of indiscriminate and brutal murders, which claimed the lives of 10 people.
The ".22-caliber killings," as they would later be dubbed by the media, began on December 10, 1977, with the murders of two women at Forkers Cafe in Newark, Ohio, some distance outside the city of Columbus. Joyce Vermilion and Karen Dodrill, had been shot multiple times as they walked out the rear door of the cafe, shortly after its closing at 2:30 a.m.
This and subsequent murders were distinguished by the amount of overkill — the bodies were literally bullet-ridden.
Finally, in 1978 suspicion focused on two truly weird middle-aged brothers, one very much under the influence of the other.

Gerald and Charlene Gallego
We have a few stock images that spring to mind when we think of serial killers. Maybe we see a Jeffrey Dahmer-type character--quietly savage, a misfit loner who practices his unspeakable avocation under society's radar. We probably do not, however, associate married couples with our notions of serial killing.

Gerald and Charlene kidnapped and killed ten people, mostly teenage girls, lured and captured in well-planned schemes, the ultimate goal of which was to provide a steady procession of disposable "love slaves." Depending on whose story you believe, Charlene Gallego was either a reluctant facilitator of, or a willing participant in her husband Gerald's tragic extended binge. After the couple's apprehension, Charlene claimed that Gerald had beaten and intimidated her into helping him, but Gerald, for his part, insisted that she had taken part in the assaults and killings. "We had this sexual fantasy see, so we just carried it out," Charlene later recounted chillingly. "I mean, like it was easy and fun and we really enjoyed it, so why shouldn't we do it?"

Henry Lee Lucas
Along with psychopath sidekick Ottis Toole, he traveled the U.S. raping, robbing, killing, and mutilating men, women & children. Originally thought to have killed 360 people, some of his confessions are now discredited. Whatever number of murders he & Toole committed, these two serial killers set a new standard in depravity.

Kevin Crump and Allan Baker
Two career criminals murdered Ian Lamb, a complete stranger for $20, a package e of cigarettes and a couple of gallons of gasoline. Then, for no other reason than that one of the men had once worked for her family as a farm hand, they kidnapped Virginia Morse, a young mother of three, from her home. Morse was raped and tortured repeatedly while Crump and Baker drove to neighboring Queensland. Next, they tied her to a tree and shot her in the eyes.
Recently, Australian courts have struggled with the constitutionality of real life imprisonment where particularly horrible killers are "never to be released."

Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris
He signs his prison fan mail "Pliers."
His psychiatrist saw what he was: "a highly dangerous man, with no internal controls over his impulses, a man who could kill without hesitation or remorse." When he was released from prison, Bittaker told a cellmate that someday he planned to be "bigger than Manson."
Along with prison-buddy psychopath Roy Norris, Bittaker constructed a van called the Murder Mack and collected pretty teenage girls to rape, torture and kill in the San Gabriel Mountains. In the isolated mountain areas, they went to work on their young victims with vice-grip pliers, urging them to scream into their tape recorder before they snuffed out their voices forever.
Yes, he's on death row in California a condition that stretches into decades playing cards with other serial killers, filling frivolous lawsuits against the state and selling his fingernail clippings to murder groupies.
Parole of a 'Speed Freak Killer'
They got drunk together, abused illicit drugs together, and are believed to have committed their first of possibly 20 murders together. One of them is on death row. The other on parole after serving only a few years in prison. Now, an angry public wants to know what went wrong with a system that failed to keep a suspected serial killer behind bars.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/partners/index.html
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/partners/team_male/1.html

This was posted earlier in the case, but I'd like to bring it back to light. There has been a lot of word about this Ultimate Bliss adult store he was at. This is a Craigslist ad for the local area. It just seems too strange how these tie together, even if they're completely unrelated to the case.

http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/tlg/3980510081.html

New Here ...
Couple of thoughts:

1. Tattoos to cover up scares
2. Alexis had someone pretending to be her on FB, she had their profile on her photos. Soon after, Alexis went missing that profile disappeared. Did LE take down?
3. Someone posted that it could be a female that possibly is accomplice, could it be like with Charles Manson? Brain washed one of the missing to be his accomplice to keep him from hurting her?

JW?

New Here ...
Couple of thoughts:

2. Alexis had someone pretending to be her on FB, she had their profile on her photos. Soon after, Alexis went missing that profile disappeared. Did LE take down?
3. Someone posted that it could be a female that possibly is accomplice, could it be like with Charles Manson? Brain washed one of the missing to be his accomplice to keep him from hurting her?

JW?

Tattoos can't cover up scars

Another question...
Is there anyway to googlemap or whatever its called , Liberty station to view parking lot satellite image to see if RAT truck is in parking lot?

New Here ...
Couple of thoughts:

JW?

2- I'm sure whoever made the page deleted it. They were probably just being mean girls but then stuff got real when she was abducted. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member